Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Sal-XK's Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty CmmdrDan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    whats the worry about ?
    Getting stuck without a good tow point in the front. Im not happy with how I had to mount the hook.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I was pretty worried about getting stuck out on the beach having never driven out there before. The XK never even knew it was on the beach. That thing never thought about getting stuck, never even lost traction. I probably drove a hundred miles on the beach over the course of a week, in the deep stuff, down next to the water, thru the water holes on the back roads, not one problem. After the first day I stopped even thinking about it.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Senior Member Getting Dirty CmmdrDan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    I was pretty worried about getting stuck out on the beach having never driven out there before. The XK never even knew it was on the beach. That thing never thought about getting stuck, never even lost traction. I probably drove a hundred miles on the beach over the course of a week, in the deep stuff, down next to the water, thru the water holes on the back roads, not one problem. After the first day I stopped even thinking about it.
    Yea I still think im gonna get them just in case. But thanks for the confidance boost.

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    I got stuck when I was in OBX within 100 yards of entering the beach off the road. I was by myself and it was a weekday.. $200 later I was back on the road. Lesson learned never go someplace you aren't sure of solo..

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    The beach conditions change everyday. Weather traffic and maintenance or lack of will dictate the conditions. At carolina beach you can get stuck real fast. Haxci5 never pay for beach towing bro, air down your tires and if that don't work you can dig your self out.

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    I had already aired down and I had my little ones with me with tide coming in.. I tried digging but not a lot as I had to catch a ferry since I was headed south along the whole coast line. The tow guy told me I came in in the worst spot, not sure if it was true or if he was just trying to make me feel better, but it did take him about 3-4 tugs to get me free even with his big truck..

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar
    Hey Sal, do you have any pictures of your inner wheel well after the cut? I am considering doin this mod soon, but I'm not sure how it will look since my rig isn't lifted and doesn't have the 4xguard front skid.
    Thanks, Ross

Ross, I created a thread and put all my pics in it Front Bumper Mod

I'm one step closer to finishing my intake mod. I've been searching for a pipe to use that could handle the heat as well and no one had one in my size. I looked at all the auto part stores and I just needed a pipe 5" long 3 1/2" wide. So was piecing things together and I picked up the stock cover that the tube plugs into and bang what dumb A** I am. I had the pipe the entire time I just needed to chop the one off the intake I pulled out so I did. I picked up a 1/2 male to a 1/2 serrated hose connection made out of brass. I drilled a 3/4" hole in the newly chopped off pipe and threaded the brass fitting in. The hole size was perfect and I actually had to use a wrench to thread it all the way in. Then I chopped the crank case hose the rubber one down to fit. So my crank case is back under vacuum. Now the thing is sitting on my second battery, so I'll address that issue at a later time.

Before

After

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Sal, is there a metal mesh around the air filter? Will it short on top of the battery?

Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread Information