Page 15 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Sal-XK's Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    Thats awesome bro! I thought about the unistrut but went with aluminum instead. But you have all knds of mounting options now, brilliant.
    I was thinking about how to do this for some time now and considered dozens of options. After holding the uni-strut and realizing how light it was and knowing how strong it is plus all the options and stuff they make for mounting stuff to them it was a easy decision for me. The real test for this and the new shocks will be this weekend I will have my normal beach load which last trip caused the rear to sag pretty bad.

Senior Member Getting Dirty CmmdrDan's Avatar
    Sal, Where are you heading this weekend? Ill be out in OBX next weekend. God I cant wait. Beers and Beach doesnt get better..oh yea my babe and the Jeep

Quote Originally Posted by CmmdrDan View Post
    Sal, Where are you heading this weekend? Ill be out in OBX next weekend. God I cant wait. Beers and Beach doesnt get better..oh yea my babe and the Jeep
    I'll be at Carolina Beach ( Freeman Park) this weekend it's more of a locals beach. We will be camping and fishing all weekend out there great times and of course lots of beer and sitting next to my XK

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Dude that's an awesome idea!!!

I'd even consider putting 3 of these bars across for overkill support.

What do you have in the channel that's clamping it down, just some washers? I was thinking of doing something similar but using some 1/8" steel plate on the under side to really get a lot of clamp force. I bend those grade 5 fender washers pretty easily...

We are staying at the point. Way down at the bottom of the Island. We dont mess with North 12. Thats a tourist trap. We roll south and act like locals.

Oh and BTW, this picture makes this stuff look like its 15" wide!

I used some giant washers from lowes and put some torque on them and they didn't bend but my grade 5 ones did LOL. I'm going to go get more of this stuff as well because now its like a lego set up there who knows what you can come up with.

lol

Have any pictures from further back so we can see how the rack sits now? And what size rack is that again?

Sal what size is your basket? Seriously thinking about ordering one now for the trip down. Could def use it. I found one that is like 63x45 or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    lol

Have any pictures from further back so we can see how the rack sits now? And what size rack is that again?
    Let me see if I can get more pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by CmmdrDan View Post
    Sal what size is your basket? Seriously thinking about ordering one now for the trip down. Could def use it. I found one that is like 63x45 or something like that.
    It's like 62.5X45 I have a thread on it here http://www.xk-forum.com/showthread.p...ge+roof+basket

Page 15 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread Information