Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Sal-XK's Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Its a tarp zip tied to a adjustable fiber glass rod. I only use that on the beach. The fishing rod holders are from gander mountain and just bolted to the rack. I used adjustable tent poles for the out rigger

Member Looking for Dirt
    Looks good, thanks for the info.

Senior Member Getting Dirty CmmdrDan's Avatar
    Sal can you post how you cut the fender flare and the wheel well lining for the front bumper.

Hey bro not sure what you need I have pictures posted earlier in this thread. But I made this one for your. The yellow lines were the first cut I made the black was what I ended up with after fitting the bumper back on and deciding the first cut wasn't enough.

Pretty much with the bumper mounted I put tape on to be my cut line. Then I took my dremel with a cutting wheel and a Jig saw with a wood bit and used them to cut the bumper. The jig saw worked the best to make those cuts. I then mounted the bumper back on and secured it. Then using tape again made the line to the fender to make sure they lined up. I mounted and dismounted the bumper several times to get it right. There is no wrong way its what you want and the way you want it to look. I knew I was getting the front guard from 4xGuard thats why I angled my cut more was to end up behind the front guard when I got it on.

Did you just cut the actually flare straight with the bumper line. Do you still have a fender well liner or did you take that out when you cut it?

Quote Originally Posted by CmmdrDan View Post
    Did you just cut the actually flare straight with the bumper line. Do you still have a fender well liner or did you take that out when you cut it?
    Yes I cut the flare straight. Where the bumper cut ended up on the wheel flare, I just went straight across. The wheel well liner was already missing on the passenger side on the driver side I just cut like an inch or two higher then the cut from the flare so you couldn't see it. Like I said I kept taking it off and making adjustments to the bumper don't try to get it perfect in one shot. You can always take more off but you can't put more back on so keep that in mind. If I remember correctly the wheel flare got cut just below one of the tabs that hold it in.

I think I'm gonna get saguaro shackle mounts for the front and then the 4xguard front skid later. Hmm

I think I'm gonna get saguaro shackle mounts for the front and then the 4xguard front skid later. Hmm
    From an off road point of view I can see that decision being a good one. For just looks the skid is a better option

Yea I'm worried about the obx this year. And I'm not a fan of how I had to do my tow hook.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yea I'm worried about the obx this year. And I'm not a fan of how I had to do my tow hook.
    whats the worry about ?
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread Information