Quote Originally Posted by ScorpionCrawler View Post
Hey 07, did you get your new AC lines from the dealer as a part # of a XK withour rear AC?
My ac stopped working and I found a leak in the line right above the heat shield, above the tail pipe.
What had happened is a bunch of cinders were packed around the line above the heat shield like concrete.
I think it ate right trough it or there was wear between the hose clamp on the heater line and the ac line.
I HATE CINDERS!! our township stopped using them but the neighboring communities still do.
It doesn't look like an easy repair to replace the lines front to back, too many twists and turns.
So I was thinking about just deleting the rear AC.
I was going to stop at the dealer on my way home today and see what they have to say.
Yes. I went to the dealer and told them I needed all the heater/AC lines for a Commander without the 3rd row seating (no rear ac/heat).
At this point you need need to delete them. Trust me. A friends boss has the same XK as mine and her rear lines were leaking. Talk about a pain in the butt to replace. We had to totally unbolt the rear subframe that the rear track bar is bolted to so we could get the lines ran above it where they belong. Parts were over $300 for those lines plus you need to recharge the AC again. Just delete them bro and save yourself the hassle.