Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: JBA Upper Control Arms

Member Looking for Dirt naidib04's Avatar
    How many miles til your ball joints went?
    2006 WK Limited - Hemi, QDII, OME HD with MLL, 265/70R17 Firestone Destination MT, Gutter Guard Grill, Cobra CB with 3' whip, Custom 3'' exhaust, aFe CAI with Pre-filter, Low Profile Driving Lights, Saguaro 4xC CB mount, Rear Hitch Recovery with 3/4 D-Ring Shackle, Front Tow Hooks, Superchips Flashpaq 3875, Shorty Antenna, Rola Roof Rack, Rusty's Adj. Rear Track Bar

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    I'm at 78k I bought it with 48k and put the 2.25" Rocky Road lift on almost immediately.. Then I offroaded it quite a bit..

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    I think mine is about blown too & I'm @ 44k.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty TrialByFire's Avatar
    Good choice Jake. I'm very happy with my JBA UCAs.
    '06 XK Limited, 5.7 Hemi, QDII, OME struts & HD springs, JBA UCAs, 285/70R17 BFG KM2, 4XGuard Sliders, 4XGuard Diff Guard, Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks, custom bumpers and Warn xi9000
    Wish list: SFA, in-dash Windows 8 PC
    http://www.fuelly.com/driver/Blade/commander

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Just waiting for mine to go out so I can get a set as well.......

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    just make sure that I am right, if the UCA is bad it can pull to that side & the camber would be off right?

I had my alignment checked and it is pulling to the right & the camber is off. So I am thinking that mine is on the way or pretty much toast.

Not trying to hijack your thread, just was thinking about it when I saw the thread
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Member Looking for Dirt naidib04's Avatar
    Yeah I only have 36k on my 06 WK but when they go I think I will upgrade from the day star to OME and JBA UCAs
    2006 WK Limited - Hemi, QDII, OME HD with MLL, 265/70R17 Firestone Destination MT, Gutter Guard Grill, Cobra CB with 3' whip, Custom 3'' exhaust, aFe CAI with Pre-filter, Low Profile Driving Lights, Saguaro 4xC CB mount, Rear Hitch Recovery with 3/4 D-Ring Shackle, Front Tow Hooks, Superchips Flashpaq 3875, Shorty Antenna, Rola Roof Rack, Rusty's Adj. Rear Track Bar

Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    just make sure that I am right, if the UCA is bad it can pull to that side & the camber would be off right?

I had my alignment checked and it is pulling to the right & the camber is off. So I am thinking that mine is on the way or pretty much toast.

Not trying to hijack your thread, just was thinking about it when I saw the thread
    It got moved from the Tech Staging area anyways so it doesn't matter

I don't have any pulling, I'm not sure on camber issues, but the Jeep seems to be driving just fine. The only reason I was inspecting and ended up at ball joints was that I had a popping sound over bumps sometimes, so I jacked it up and started moving things around to see what the problem was..

This is a video in this link
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...ing?highlight=

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    When the control arm is "bad", that either means the control arm bushings are bad or the balljoint is bad. These conditions result in popping/knocking noises; and bad control arm bushings can sometimes result in pulling while braking.

Your camber being out is more of an issue of the limited adjustability of the camber/caster on these vehicles and running a 2+ inch spacer lift. First things first, make sure the tech actually adjusted the LCA. Sadly, i've seen many cases where shops just don't bother adjusting them on these vehicles (either by negligence or laziness).

Well I got them installed.. I didn't do much with write up or pics. Reason being I was pissed at how long it took me.

Here is why..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7886-small.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	1072

The bolts to remove the UCA's were blocked by the springs. So I had to basically remove the struts.. which also meant disconnecting to sway bar to get everything to line up without fighting it too much. Overall the instructions are good, but depending on what lift you have or what position your springs are in, or how the moon and sun is aligned may change the difficulty. I'd give it a 3 out of 5 difficulty. If you aren't comfortable installing a budget boost lift kit, I wouldn't attempt this just because of the issues that I ran into, not huge to overcome, but might be more than some would be willing/able to overcome without help.

Additionally since I had to loosen the struts, I ended up tearing on the of boots on my passanger side CV.. awesome.. so another job grew out of this one, thats no ones fault but mine, but just another reason to put it at at least a 3 wrench difficulty.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information