Thread: Brakes..?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    For rotors I recommend Centric Premiums (~$47ea) and pads id go with Akebono (~$63). Theres cheaper pad options like Wagner's for ~$30 if moneys tight.

Check out rockauto and find a 5% discount code.

Senior Member Getting Dirty ItsMeKO3's Avatar
    Great thanks Matt. When I got home from work I went out to see if I could find the "dragging" noise. I finally found it. It is the left front, and on the inside of the rotor there is some kind of metal plate, or shield maybe? (Again, excuse my ignorance, I don't know much about these things lol). On the bottom, it seems like it is dragging on the rotor, or on something. I layed underneath and just rolled the Jeep a tiny bit with my hand, and I could hear it dragging. Then I pulled it away from the rotor with one hand and again rolled it with my other, and there was no noise. I tried to shows on the next couple pictures where it seems to be dragging. Hopefully someone will be able to understand lol.

While I was under there, I noticed what seems to be some kind of leak, so I started another topic with some pics of that. Sorry for being such a pain in the ass today lol.
    2005 WK - MY GARAGE

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    That's just the dust shield. Problem solved! They tend to make a lot of noise when they catch rocks/mud when wheeling lol.

Thread Information