Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FOX 2.0 Reservoir Mounting

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Ok uploaded the pics this morning to show how far I got.

First thing I did was add 1/2" to my bump stop extensions. This would have help ensure enough clearance on the driver side.

Then drilled the holes in the passenger mount. Had a brain fart here, meant to make them mirror images and instead made them identical... oops (so i drilled more holes, but didn't take that picture)

Getting the drivers-side situated....

Once i was happy with the position, cut the extra threads off and put a nice coat of black paint over everything

Then moved on to the passenger side and repeated...

I didn't think the passenger side would be an issue because the axle shifts towards the passenger side as the axle is compressed, pushing the tire out further. Well, that's not the case. When I checked for clearance I noticed immediately that the there was interference. In the pic below i'm not even close to full compression and still have well over an inch before even contacting the bump stop.

Conclusion..... I need 4.5" backspace to make this setup work

So when the shocks show up on Tuesday i'll be doing the standard piggyback mount. And this'll be on hold until I get new wheels someday.

Senior Member Getting Dirty thance's Avatar
    Am I getting this straight????

You're selling your wheels and tires and buying new ..... just so you can mount the reservoirs in your favorite spot??????????

Well yes and no. I also want more aggressive tires. A bit of history- the toyos were a temp set I put on because I was planning on the superlift this spring (and I couldn't find a decent set of used tires). Well now the superlifts on hold for another ~2 years.

So yeah..... if someone wanted to buy my wheels/tires id love to put a set of duratracs back on and get more clearance in the wheel wells for the resi's.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I don't think he really wants to run them piggy back if possible
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty thance's Avatar
    I know.... $2000 on wheels and tires later he's saved himself the expense of getting an SL for the time being and settled on a cool pair of shocks. I completely understand

Senior Member Getting Dirty jjt250's Avatar
    Well also consider the fact that he'd make money off his current rims and tires. Also, if he got the Superlift, he'd have to get new tires anyways. So $2000 for Superlift + like $1000 for Duratracs vs. new tires and rims - whatever he sells his current tire/rims for.
    John
    2007 Grand Cherokee Limited | QDII | 3.0L Diesel | S4xC Shackles Mounts | Goodyear Duratracs
    Bilstein HD Front/Rear | Rusty's 1/2" Strut Spacer | Hemi XK Front/Rear Coils | HID Projectors

Edit: nevermind. I dont need to explain myself to anyone.

This type of nitpicking isn't becoming of TUJ. Theres other places you can go to scrutinize people's modding decisions.
    Last edited by Matt; 04-19-2013 at 03:37 AM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Matt, just curious, since you said you dont have that adjustable track bar in the rear, do you think if you had one youd be able to mount the way you thought but adjusting the axle closer to stock'?? I know you said your axle barely shifted but 1/4" is really all you need correct..?
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

I thought about that, but then id lose the clearance I have on the drivers side and be in the same boat.

Thought about doing spacers too.... but then id want to run them up front too so the track width matched which means id rub like hell. Would rather run the shocks piggyback in that case.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information