I'll have access to a shop, hoist, my mechanic buddy, and his tools! However, this rig will be the long vacation vehicle. I need it lifted with tires for the ranch roads and bad weather out here. I also don't want to worry about the less traveled FS roads when I head out fishing. This thing doesn't need to be dry hoping on rocks. Don't get me wrong. I'm sure I'll find myself in places that will test it and my capabilities, it just won't be a monthly practice. As Matt stated, money is an issue if I do chase the bumpers. Really, I need the front bumper for the deer, the back bumper will allow me to put the ladder to the rack. In my experience, if you can't stand on the rack you can't really use it.

Am I wrong in thinking that steel armadillo doesn't offer a rear bumper? The front offers a a better approach angle but I gotta say it shows all the guts from the side view and I like the look of the full wrap around. The more obtuse and old school the better for me, thats why I like the commander in the first place. Matt, I like the list! Now on to wheels! Thanks for help guys!

Joe