Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JKS2001 Rear sway bar disconnects

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar

JKS2001 Rear sway bar disconnects

Put my rear sway bar disconnects on today. The only snag I ran into was not realizing I needed to drill out the upper sleeves to 1/2" ID for the bolt.

A quick trip down the street to my buddies house fixed that. Otherwise the install is pretty straight forward.

The stud mount didn't come with a washer. The stock links don't use washers but they use flange head nuts which prevents the nut from digging in when torqued. So i threw a 7/16" washer on there for peace of mind.

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Does the whole link come off, or do you unhook one end and secure the link somewhere (and where?)?

Sent from wherever my Jeep takes me.
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Im going to copy what Ron did and make quickfist mounts to hold the links when disconnected. They come with special studs for "storage" but I didnt see an obvious place to mount them on the xk.

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    How much were they? I've been thinking about them ever since I saw Jay's wk flex at RC.

Sent from wherever my Jeep takes me.
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

$150

You don't need them though.. takes 2 minutes to just take the top bolt out to accomplish the same thing.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    But the best part is they are adjustable. I had mine at stock length before I lifted my jeep years ago. Then when I added the 2 inch lift I adjusted them accordingly. Again when I got the 4 inch spring for the rear I was able to adjust them longer once again!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Hey adam when you disconnect the rear do you bungee the bar to one of the lower arms?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Hey adam when you disconnect the rear do you bungee the bar to one of the lower arms?
    No I just disconnect the lower end at the quick disconnect and pivot the end link towards the front of the jeep. Then I tighten the upper bolt about a 1/4 turn which keeps it in place
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Who needs sway bars!!! Take em off
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

He had it off and just put it back on because he installed the quick disco's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information