Page 27 of 56 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Sal-XK's Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I pulled my third row out finally!!! I wasn't ready for building a storage box so I just added some quick framing to keep stuff from sliding around and to get some anchor spots as well.

I also mounted my pioneer kit flash light and fire extinguisher.

Unitstrut I'm starting to love this stuff it's a universal mounting system for sure.

As you can see I have a case of MRE's the cooler is full of water and a few more survival items are in the Jeep

Also mounted my Multitool (gerber)

This is my hardware section where I get most my parts from

Communication slash music center LMAO

BEARS CORNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally got around to finishing my paint Job that I started with painting the bumpers and wheel flares. The rocker and bottom of the door where planed the whole time I just haven't had time. I played with how much of the bottom I wanted to paint and finally figured out I needed to paint up the rocker inside the door a couple of inches which I will finish this week some time. But at least the XK is ready for the new armadillo sliders coming.

This line will have to be moved to at least the slots you see or higher so red don't show while the door is shut

As you can see the two little red paint spots still showing up. I'll have to paint that area now because it's bugging me.

anyway at least all the areas that usually get messed up from wheeling are now painted.

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    hrm.. you've got me wanting to copy this paint job.. My bumpers are banged up, my passenger side door has a ding down low that would be covered. I'll have to show the boss and see what she thinks

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I'd consider taking the door molding off and going right up to the crease...

(Edit: it'll be more in line with the bumpers at that point as well)

Quote Originally Posted by hoaxci5 View Post
    hrm.. you've got me wanting to copy this paint job.. My bumpers are banged up, my passenger side door has a ding down low that would be covered. I'll have to show the boss and see what she thinks
    If you're going to wheel I think it's almost necessary. It looks better then scratches and dents right

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I'd consider taking the door molding off and going right up to the crease...

(Edit: it'll be more in line with the bumpers at that point as well)
    I thought about doing that but decided not to that's why I left that little strip of body color just below the molding.

It would be even cooler if you did take the molding off... put COMMANDER letters on the factory paint where it would be on the molding, paint it, then peel the letters off.

Sorry, ideas came too late lol

It would be even cooler if you did take the molding off... put COMMANDER letters on the factory paint where it would be on the molding, paint it, then peel the letters off.

LOL great minds thing a like. My wife is going to hand paint the COMMANDER letters the color of the jeep when she has time We will see how that looks.

That's "love" right there man.....

That's "love" right there man.....
    It sure is now she just needs time to do it. We've both been crazy busy lately so hopefully she can get to it before spring.

Now the wife is thinking the line don't look right LOL Does anyone know whats under the molding? Is there going to be holes that need to filled if I pull it off?

Page 27 of 56 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread Information