Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Sal-XK's Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty ped4599's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    Very cool, I have never hooked up my lights on the front of my basket and after a late night search at Camp Commander I am sure I will hook them up before the next event.
    I wonder if this "search" you speak of was for an over due Commander????!!! [btw, john---it warms my heart knowing did come looking for us even though search and rescue had not begun looking for us yet. I think they were going to wait till the next day when we would have been in survival mode probably by then..hehe ]

Anyway, Sal...I like the lights....I have been thinking about setting up lights on my Roof rack like that on the sides and rears too. They would really be awesome when deer hunting and having to work on one toward evening, or have to do any kind of vehicle recovery in the dark, etc...there are many application where your set up would be great.

I am wondering if it be set up ....or if you have it set up this way.... to be able to flip the back lights forward when not in use?

I have heard some state and local ordinance in some areas prohibt white lights point to the rear. NORMALLY, in most areas, it shouldnt be an issue as long as you dont have them ON while driving on a roadway, but you never know.
    2010 Black LIMITED HEMI, Quadra DRIVE II, 2.25 inch RR lift, Off road tires (in garage) MAXXIS 265/70-17 on RUBI rims, 1.5 inch Spydertrax spacers, 4xguard: EVERYTHING I CAN GET MY HANDS ON! ROLA roof rack, RUGGED RIDGE 8500 synthetic winch, and a car seat with a CUTE backseat driver.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    My rear facing lights I guess could be flipped to point forward but wouldn't do much good from back there. The lights I have on the front will be finding a new home on the rear sides of the basket to really light up behind the XK. I've found rear lights much more usefull then front facing lights in many situations. Don, has a cross bar he's holding for me so I'll make a forwad removeable front light bar out of that. Here in NC you can have lights in any direction without covers on them, not sure how many if any you can use on the streets though. I would recomend the first lights you install be rear facing IMO because they will serve you the most our head lights are pretty darn bright and do a good job lighting up the trail in most cases.

EDIT: I have removed my second battery because of how low it sat the wheel would be rubbing it in off road conditions. If you don't off road and have over sized tires this will still work. I'm currently locating a new area for my second battery.

Well got the wife a new yellow top today which meant I got her old battery. So I started carving up the stock air box to fit the wifes battery in it. what a pain in the butt if I would of got a yellow top for myself it would of slid right in. LOL Any way I got it trimmed up then broke it after trimming for about 30 minuets. LOL Anyway I got it installed I'm not satisfied about the box, I think I'm going to get a shelf welded in to hold the battery instead. Anyway here are some pics I didn't get around to wiring it up yet. I'm going to rewire the XK from scratch and run all my accessories to the spare battery. This battery was almost as big as the OEM one I had to trim some of the battery off as well, no pics of that though its a risky procedure.

My dremel setup I love this little thing great tool

Trimmed up air box

I'm considering this mount temporary thats why I didn't cut the end of my strap yet and just tied it up.

Last edited by Sal-XK; 11-19-2011 at 07:35 PM.

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    Can you take a less zoomed in pic? I'd like to see the CAI along with the battery. I need to size up whats going on under your hood vs my hemi to see if it's possible. Thanks.

I eventually will pipe this filter towards the fire wall when I get some time maybe. But it seems to working as is I've seen no drop in MPG's so I might leave it. If these don't help let me know I'll get some more in the morning.

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    No thats perfect, I didn't realize the 4.7 was laid out so much differently than the hemi. Can't really copy that setup.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Only thing im really not a fan of about that setup is that you are no longer pulling negative pressure in the crank case...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    Only thing im really not a fan of about that setup is that you are no longer pulling negative pressure in the crank case...
    Can you explain that to me? is there something I need change or modify?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Long story short, pressure will build up in the crank case which is not good... even though you're vented to atmosphere, having the intake "suck" the air out of the crankcase (creating negative pressure) helps the engine in efficiency and reliability. Basically; pressure in crank case = bad for rings and seals,,,,, blow-by gasses and oil in crank case are also bad and won't be evacuated as efficiently as having a vacuum on that tube.

Here's a good/quick read to give you a slightly longer version of what i just said:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crankca...ilation_system

ok that make sense. How long do think I can go before solving this issue? I planned to pipe the thing anyway. Should I make that a priority?

Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information