Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Sal-XK's Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Tire Gate= Badass!
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Got my superchips flash pack installed today! I downloaded the software update program and updated the programmer with no problems. First thing I did was correct the tire size and install the mileage tune for better MPG's. First thing is the speedo is dead on at 40 but a couple off at 60 this was tested with a GPS. The trans is shifting real nice and not hunting for a gear every time I hit the gas or the road inclines the slightest bit. I really didn't get to drive to much on it but I took a detour and hit the reset button on the fuel button and hit a steady 19MPG which is a pretty good considering when I do this in the past I may get 15 at best but it don't stay there and makes it way back down pretty fast. I know some would be do to the tire size being corrected but considering it wasn't that far off most of it must be the tune I'll know more tomorrow. The other feature I'm testing out is monitoring the system while driving. The one thing I really wanted to have displayed is the trans temp which is not working for some reason. It can display 4 sensors at once which I like. I have it plugged in and mounted in the jeep right now after the XK is off it powers down after a while so shouldn't drain the battery. I'm going to hit the reset button again to get a base line for my normal route so I will be able to tell real results tomorrow.

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Since I only corrected my tire size with mine so far I went up to 15.3mpg after leaving your place and resetting it. So thats about 250 miles worth of fairly flat road running between 55-75. Haven't used the tune feature so I'll see what it ends up being next weekend on my drive back. I should note that last week after driving from VA to GA it was only at 13.4mpg without the correct tire size. My speedo is spot on at most all speeds that i've noticed since changing it.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Ya 2 MPG's is what I was thinking I would get with the tire size so I'm hoping the other 5 I got is the program but we will see.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Thats good... Nothing like having aftermarket mods and gear, with OEM mpg's... Haha

Senior Member Getting Dirty BonesWK's Avatar
    Thats good... Nothing like having aftermarket mods and gear, with OEM mpg's... Haha
    yup, Im a bit jealous.. though this one could be an easy sell to the wife lol
    Ryan ---- 2006 WK 4.7 QDII <- Click for Garage
    2.25" RR Lift - Front Bilstiens - Rear OMEs - 32" Wildpeaks - Saguaro 4x Shackles - Tail Light Guards - AFE intake - Rola - Exhaust
    Twitter Facebook ---- Chive On
    Can't wait to see that big girl on those fat meats!

Well I cleared 18MPG going this morning I've never come close to those numbers. That's an extra 5MPG from where I started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If my math is good I was 7% off before the corrected tire size which means 1MPG just on that alone. Then maybe do to mode efficient operation in trans operation give that 1MPG this is just a guess by the way. Leaves me at least 3MPG gain from the mileage tune.

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Just got mine to update properly and can't wait to try it out. I'm getting excited at those numbers. Didn't know it was possible.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Quote Originally Posted by superacerc View Post
    Just got mine to update properly and can't wait to try it out. I'm getting excited at those numbers. Didn't know it was possible.
    Keep in mind I drive pretty slow

Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread Information