Page 38 of 56 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Sal-XK's Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty DetroitMarauder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    It's good that all you needed was a BJ...
    LOL!
    2008 Jeep Commander 3.7L V6 4x4, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Bilstein Struts, Monroe Sensa-Trac Load Leveler Shocks, Rusty's Adjustable Track Bar, K&N CAI 63, Flowmaster Super 44 Offroad Muffler, Bull bar w/ driving lights.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitMarauder View Post
    LOL!
    Hmmm yeah, that doesn't read off very well at all, lol. You guys have some of the most atrocious minds! BALL JOINT LMAO!

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    300 bones for a BJ dammm.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    They want $88 for the ball joint and $188 for labor I knew it was coming I sat there and listened to all of them call up every person that had a car there and tell them they needed something all of them needed tires and wiper blades for some reason LOL it was full court sales in that place or everyone had a POS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    lol I assume when they say ball joint 'going up and down' they mean there is 'PLAY' in the balljoint when there shouldn't be. But you should be impressed, Sal! The way you describe the impact you took on that rock. The fact that all you really needed to do is get new balljoings after your 6K LB XK going 15 mph coming to an immediate HALT from impact on an IFS tire... means either you got lucky, or the IFS system is stronger than I thought. And that's not the first time you've banged an IFS component and walked away with just a couple scratches. (or gouge in some cases) lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    lol I assume when they say ball joint 'going up and down' they mean there is 'PLAY' in the balljoint when there shouldn't be. But you should be impressed, Sal! The way you describe the impact you took on that rock. The fact that all you really needed to do is get new balljoings after your 6K LB XK going 15 mph coming to an immediate HALT from impact on an IFS tire... means either you got lucky, or the IFS system is stronger than I thought. And that's not the first time you've banged an IFS component and walked away with just a couple scratches. (or gouge in some cases) lol.
    Oh ya bro I'm very happy and the ball joint has 82k on it as well. If that's all that's wrong most impressed bro. When I think of all the other hits I took this IFS system is tough as nails man.

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    I just replaced my driver side ball joint cause mine was "going up and down" too. Also had my tie rods replaced and a new balance and alignment (which was the original reason I took it to my friend's shop while I was back home). Noticed i was getting alot more of that popping when turning the steering wheel. Now she steers real nice and tight and the ball joint's not "going up and down anymore" without the UCA attached firmly. Looks like your's lasted a tad longer than mine. i'm at 76k.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Quote Originally Posted by superacerc View Post
    I just replaced my driver side ball joint cause mine was "going up and down" too. Also had my tie rods replaced and a new balance and alignment (which was the original reason I took it to my friend's shop while I was back home). Noticed i was getting alot more of that popping when turning the steering wheel. Now she steers real nice and tight and the ball joint's not "going up and down anymore" without the UCA attached firmly. Looks like your's lasted a tad longer than mine. i'm at 76k.
    Mine would of last even longer if I didn't hit the giant rock!

After uwharrie I started rubbing my left front on the pinch weld even after the alignment. It helped but still rubbing. So I decided to cut and grind down the area I'm rubbing in and hopefully after my ball joint goes in and another alignment all will be good.

First thing I had to do was bend it back so I could cut it. It was packed with mud behind there as well

Then I cut them off leaving some meat for grinding.

Then I kept grinding till it was smooth. Not sure if I need to run a weld on the seem or not? I was thinking maybe yes.

All painted up again

It's still close and rubs at certain points still so I'll order the parts but hopefully this will save tire while I wait.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    if you wanna run a bead down it,it wouldnt hurt. be sure to pull back the carpet and padding so not to torch the whole thing. sounds like common knowledge but ive seen experianced guys burn stuff that shouldnt be burned.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Page 38 of 56 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread Information