Page 24 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt's Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Your spacer lift wont wear out anything any quicker than the OME will. Spacers that add preload to the stock springs tend to wear the springs out quicker, but that's a different type of lift (probably the issue Andrew had)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Your spacer lift wont wear out anything any quicker than the OME will. Spacers that add preload to the stock springs tend to wear the springs out quicker, but that's a different type of lift (probably the issue Andrew had)
    Yeah that makes sense and I guess it really depends on how much off-roading your actually doing. I seen that the OME Andrew bought came w/ rear shocks. Did you decide on the load levelers above those OME shocks?
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Yes, only because I wanted to lift the rear a bit more and the load levellers accomplish that, for the price of 1 OME shock too. But I can make some spacers that will work too so we don't have to rely on helper springs and can run any shock we want.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Yes, only because I wanted to lift the rear a bit more and the load levellers accomplish that, for the price of 1 OME shock too. But I can make some spacers that will work too so we don't have to rely on helper springs and can run any shock we want.
    Did you have to use spacers for the Load Levelers? I plan to grab them very soon
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Matt, I think Id like those spacers for the rear you are referring to Id like to bring the rear up maybe 1/4-1/2".. Let me know
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Quote Originally Posted by Core XK View Post
    Did you have to use spacers for the Load Levelers? I plan to grab them very soon
    All You need is the load levellers, no spacers.

Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    Matt, I think Id like those spacers for the rear you are referring to Id like to bring the rear up maybe 1/4-1/2".. Let me know
    Not a problem. Adam wants a set too. I wonder if they make hole saws big enough so I can just buy a sheet of material and drill them out....

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    What type of material are you using to make them?
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

[/QUOTE]Not a problem. Adam wants a set too. I wonder if they make hole saws big enough so I can just buy a sheet of material and drill them out....[/QUOTE]

The birth of ....Matt's XK Parts Inc. D/B/A JT's Bolts
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    What type of material are you using to make them?
    Probably a high impact strength UHMW (polyethylene).

Stripped as much powdercoat off the arm as I could, then primed & painted. One down, one to go:

Page 24 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread Information