Page 72 of 77 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt's Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Passenger lower balljoint. Boot got ripped a while ago so I figured id throw a replacement on while I have it all apart. The Moog one I bought looked like the right size but I was basically able to press it in by hand. Ordered a Duralast from autozone because its the only thing I could get by tomorrow afternoon. I hope it fits....

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Hmmm what was the part number? My buddy has MOOG lowers on his. I wonder if it's different since you have aftermarket LCA's
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

The part number on the box was right, i'm hoping it was packaged wrong. I could push it all the way in by hand, and when in the groove for the C-clip is ~1/16" above the top surface of the LCA.

LCA's shouldn't be any different, especially since it's a Crown part and they supply OEM jeep parts. The balljoint I took out looks identical to stock as well.

Absolute worst case i'll be throwing on my original LCA tomorrow. I replaced it for semi-preventative maintenance (the bushings were definitely hurting).

**my buddy works at a Dodge dealership and they have an OEM LCA in stock so he's going to bring it home in case i need it tomorrow. Really really really really can't afford it right now, BUT if the BJ doesn't fit tomorrow I won't have many better options. And really don't want to rip my suspension apart again in a few months.
    Last edited by Matt; 12-26-2013 at 08:33 PM.

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Damn, this is all going uphill...
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Im getting numb to the fact the jeep gods are trying to sabotage me. Just kind of wish I had that 3rd vehicle about now

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    If it were easy everyone would do it and you'd lose interest, we all like a challenge that's why we go wheeling, break **** and figure things out to make it better!!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Oh the "modification" part of the install went quite well and it looks like my cut spring estimation was right on. The lower balljoint has been giving me a battle. First the knuckle refused to release, even with my pickle fork. Then once it released, I didn't have the right size balljoint cup... so i had to get creative to press it out. Finally got it out, breathed a sigh of relief, go to press in the new one and whatchya know, i could practically "press" it in by hand.

We'll see how today goes. I'd like to finish it up so I can focus on rear bumper tweaks for Jon. Also gotta try and get the garage cleaned up so I can start fresh with corey's install tomorrow.

2nd balljoint didnt work either. Guess im at a standstill till my buddy gets here with the new arm.

I'll have to get with Crown tech support to see whats going on after the dust settles.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    2nd balljoint didnt work either. Guess im at a standstill till my buddy gets here with the new arm.

I'll have to get with Crown tech support to see whats going on after the dust settles.
    I wonder if Crown offers balljoints for their arms....since they are obviously upsized from stock.
    2006 XK 4.7L QTII

Page 72 of 77 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast

Thread Information