Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Roof Rack Sizing

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Just FYI we have a mesh floor on our baskets which means we can never get rid of our cross rails with out replacing the floor.
    Technically we can but, just for looks. If you put any weight up their, it will surely fail. I wonder how difficult/easy it would be to put solid floors on our racks?
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Senior Member Getting Dirty CmmdrDan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    Technically we can but, just for looks. If you put any weight up their, it will surely fail. I wonder how difficult/easy it would be to put solid floors on our racks?
    After my trip next week I gonna make an addition 2 rails. That way the floor has max support.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    this is what I have & I like it.
    http://4xguard.com/Product/RoofRack.html
    the size is 66 x 37.5 x 4 inches
    Hey man... random thought popped in my head today (I had a 6 hr drive, alone... tend to do a lot of thinking at times like that). Do you know if you have enough room on either side of the rack to mount a fork-mount bike rack to the crossbars next to your rack?

Also, if you can, throw up some pictures.... i haven't really seen a lot of pics with the Rola on an XK- they're mostly distance shots.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    I will go out & see how much room I have on both sides and put that up. I will work on getting pictures up this weekend for both this & also for my garage because I know I have to get them up. I have done a lot of work on the XK and need to share pics of it. If you have FB and you can add me as a friend and you can see the pic's I already have up there already.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    have about 6 1/2 " on either side to the roof rails.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Awesome man, thanks!

That's definitely enough room for a fork mount bike carrier up there (mtb is my most active sport... its easier to escape for an hour or two for a ride after the kids go to bed). I'll have to check a few things out when I get home..

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    Awesome man, thanks!

That's definitely enough room for a fork mount bike carrier up there (mtb is my most active sport... its easier to escape for an hour or two for a ride after the kids go to bed). I'll have to check a few things out when I get home..
    Food for thought.........you might get tired of reaching up there to mount/unmount your bike every time you go riding. I thought about the same thing and if you ride like I do, the last thing you want to do is stuggle putting the bike on the roof....
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

I already have my hitch carrier. Its more of a PITA to install/remove that every time. I had roof mounted racks on my lifted explorer, it wasn't a big deal. I kept my bike gear in a crate in the back and used the crate as a stool to remove/install the bike.

... nothing will beat the setup I have on my GMC though! Thule sidearms mounted above the bed. Bikes mounted/unmounted shoulder height in 10 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    ... nothing will beat the setup I have on my GMC though! Thule sidearms mounted above the bed. Bikes mounted/unmounted shoulder height in 10 seconds.
    Perfect highth(sp?) set-up right there. My buddy had that same thing in hid Ranger back in the day.

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information