Page 39 of 56 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Sal-XK's Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    if you wanna run a bead down it,it wouldnt hurt. be sure to pull back the carpet and padding so not to torch the whole thing. sounds like common knowledge but ive seen experianced guys burn stuff that shouldnt be burned.
    Is it necessary or just a precaution? Just curious be a day or two till I call and borrow a welder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    if you wanna run a bead down it,it wouldnt hurt. be sure to pull back the carpet and padding so not to torch the whole thing. sounds like common knowledge but ive seen experianced guys burn stuff that shouldnt be burned.
    Yeah my buddy Jay started the inside of his WK on fire when he was welding in his new plate after he cut out the entire pinch weld area. He's lucky that I was there, I noticed the insde carpet on fire. lol
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

To show the level a distraction I'm at right now yesterday I used the impact just to snug the lugs before dropping the jeep and forgot to torque them down after I lowered the jeep I realized my mistake at about 3am while staring at my ceiling not being able to sleep LOL anyways that may have been why I still had some rubbing because I fixed it before I left and didn't rub yet. I want to wait till my heads clear to weld the seam and replace the ball joint but I don't want to ruin a new tire either..... Oh well, what ya going to do!

The tire still rubs a bit but I ordered my part from rock auto and the sucker shipped with in the hour you can't beat that. I have a 4 day this weekend I just found out LOL so I'll go at the jeep and see if I can't solve all my rubbing issues. I looked at the rear a little bit and really not sure how with keeping it looking good I'm going to clear more room at the same time.

My weekend project list

1 Replace lower ball joint
    2 get new alignment (FREE )
    3 grind down more pinch weld
    4 weld pinch weld
    5 weld in plate over pinch weld
    6 Do rear pinch weld work
    7 Make more room for rear tires

OR drink beer and go fishing

I added another pad to my back yard so hanging out at home really isn't all that bad. I got the outdoor speakers all hooked and everything.

Pic of the new pad

Its starting to take shape

This is how I ate my dinner last night and yes I know the fence isn't done its been to windy to finish staining it.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Just get the jacuzzi done, install the pool, and build another room over the garage and I'll be ready to come down. Looks nice dude. And stop posting food on here. If i find out there's bacon in that, i'm going to get pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Just get the jacuzzi done, install the pool, and build another room over the garage and I'll be ready to come down. Looks nice dude. And stop posting food on here. If i find out there's bacon in that, i'm going to get pissed.
    Actually it calls for pancetta but we didn't have any so the wife used bacon instead! mmmmmmmm Bacon!

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    Party pad looks good Sal. I wish I had a spot like that!

Keep us informed on the ball joint. Curious to the outcome.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Quote Originally Posted by criket View Post
    Party pad looks good Sal. I wish I had a spot like that!

Keep us informed on the ball joint. Curious to the outcome.
    I will I might be going to the beach this weekend now LOL

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    I will I might be going to the beach this weekend now LOL
    No, you had too much fun last weekend. MOAR WORK, LESS PLAI.

Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    No, you had too much fun last weekend. MOAR WORK, LESS PLAI.
    Now we're going to pigeon forge Until something else catches her fancy LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Page 39 of 56 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread Information