Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Superacerc's Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Sounds like the Subi has a lot of work to it, must be a trip to drive.
    I need to redo my programmer on my XK being more laggy lately
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    The subaru isn't quite as fun as the vw was but its already a hair faster. It just doesnt handle or stop as good. Ill be working on those issues in the next few months. I'm still about .5 - 1 sec behind a stock subaru wrx sti probably due mostly to gearing and weight. Sometime by the end of the year I hope to swap the turbo and fuel pump out which should get me to the high 12's. Thats my goal at least.

Next week the jeep and family are doing a wheeling for the wounded trip where I'll be a trail guide in the XK.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Next week the jeep and family are doing a wheeling for the wounded trip where I'll be a trail guide in the XK.
    Pic are needed & have a blast
    Last edited by Knappster; 04-27-2012 at 05:01 PM.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Quote Originally Posted by superacerc View Post
    The subaru isn't quite as fun as the vw was but its already a hair faster. It just doesnt handle or stop as good. Ill be working on those issues in the next few months. I'm still about .5 - 1 sec behind a stock subaru wrx sti probably due mostly to gearing and weight. Sometime by the end of the year I hope to swap the turbo and fuel pump out which should get me to the high 12's. Thats my goal at least.
    I had my 95 honda accord 4dr 5sp sitting @ 12.6 to 12.8 quarter mile. It was a blast to do in a 4dr.
    Last edited by Knappster; 04-27-2012 at 05:01 PM.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Where is this event being held at?

At PMJR: That's a quick accord! Must have had alot of stuff done to it.
    At Sal: The event is at Hidden Falls Adventure park. The same place I've been a few times already. StrokeZ may be coming along with the new Rubicon.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers

Just took my 3rd row seatbelt buckles off. I had one that was broke and need to replace it before wheeling this weekend. Both back buckles are tied together so I have to replace them both. It's 88 dollars from jeep.
    To remove the buckles I simply had to take off the 3 main bolts holding the seat down Plus the one going through the buckle and into the body of the jeep. Then you have to pry a rivet like grommet off with a screwdriver or crowbar and punch it back through the hole. Not too hard. I also got to clean out all the kid food that was under the seats plus the stuff that the last owner left in there before 2009.....Gross.

At PMJR: That's a quick accord! Must have had alot of stuff done to it.
    I have
    Full rebuilt JDM 22a W/NOS and Turbo among other upgrades
    Its what I use to run when I lived in Ca, sold it once I moved to WA.
    Last edited by Knappster; 04-28-2012 at 06:10 PM.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

What psi were you running the turbo at?

Almost done getting the custom tune on the subaru's ECU. Right now I'm showing at the wheels 257hp and 279tq. That's not bad. That puts me right between 310 and 325 at the crank. Its doing about 16.5-17 psi throughout the mid range where the turbo does its best.

Edit: Looked up the avg percent loss for my era subaru and edited the previous 300hp to what is above. Not bad at all for a car that was 224hp(crank) stock.
    Last edited by superacerc; 04-29-2012 at 06:56 PM.

What psi were you running the turbo at?

Almost done getting the custom tune on the subaru's ECU. Right now I'm showing at the wheels 257hp and 279tq. That's not bad. That puts me right between 310 and 325 at the crank. Its doing about 16.5-17 psi throughout the mid range where the turbo does its best.

Edit: Looked up the avg percent loss for my era subaru and edited the previous 300hp to what is above. Not bad at all for a car that was 224hp(crank) stock.

between 22 to 25PSI on a modded T4 it was a blast. I reinforced the bottom end of the motor to take the higher PSI power band is incredible.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread Information