I am an old Huey Pilot and have been out of the Army for almost 40 years. I did basic at Fort Polk, Louisana. Basic Flight school at Fort Wolters in Mineral Wells, Texas. I did advanced flight training at Fort Rucker, Alabama in class 69-13. I went to Viet Nam on my first tour on July 4, 1969. I did two tours back to back and got out early about half way thru my second tour. I had probably the best job as a pilot in Viet Nam. I was usually assigned to fly for the Senior Advisor of IV Corp for both tours and in the same location. I flew all single ship missions and just about every kind of interesting mission that you can imagine. I got lots of war stories and most of them are true. I originally signed up for four years to get flight school. I ended up spending one year in training and 1 1/2 year in Nam and then got an early out. I ended up only spending 2 1/2 years out of a 4 year commitment. They were letting pilots go in 1971, so I got lucky. Actually I got lucky many times in Viet Nam. I went down for several reasons, mostly things breaking more than half of the eight times that I went down. Always got picked up or crashed near a base. Half of my flight class did not complete their first tour and I think it was mostly the luck of the draw.