PDA

View Full Version : Lifetime Powertrain Warranty Inspection

LWM
08-02-2011, 06:13 AM
If you read your warranty manual, then you will already know this. But if you did not, then you might want to.

Inspections
In order to maintain the Lifetime Powertrain Limited
Warranty, the person or entity covered by this Powertrain
Limited Warranty must have a powertrain inspection
performed by an authorized Chrysler, Dodge, or
Jeep dealer once very 5 years. This inspection will be
performed at no charge. The inspection must be made
within sixty (60) days of each 5 year anniversary of the
in-service date of the vehicle. You must have the
inspection performed to continue this coverage.
For your convenience, powertrain inspection logs
have been provided. You should use these logs to
keep track of each 5 year powertrain inspection interval.

LWM
08-02-2011, 06:14 AM
I purchased my Commander in January 2007 so I am getting close to needing this inspection!

Matt
08-02-2011, 06:18 AM
Although I don't have the warranty, I'd love to know how these inspections are handled if anyone has gone through one. If you did your own services, did they require all of the receipts? Do they care about small lifts and bigger tires? Etc.

Anyone have any direct experience in these areas? I know there's been a lot of speculation, but it'd be great to hear about some first hand experience (which will probably vary dealer by dealer based on how much they're willing to "not see")

cico7
08-02-2011, 08:20 AM
I will need to do mine in a year from now. Didnt this start with the 07?

LWM
08-02-2011, 09:07 AM
Didnt this start with the 07?

I do not know but you can bet I will be calling to find out because I do not want them to void my warranty. I had to buy my warranty as the warranty came free about a week AFTER I purchased my Commander.

Matt
08-02-2011, 09:37 AM
I will need to do mine in a year from now. Didnt this start with the 07?

Non-transferable. Bought mine used last year. (Probably meant as incentive to get people to buy new... also allows them to advertise this "awesome" warranty, but know they'll rarely have to honor it since very few people buy brand new vehicles and keep them more than 5 years)

LWM
02-05-2012, 08:30 AM
I did go in for my power-train warranty inspection on Friday, took 45 minutes (not bad) and received a clean bill of health (even with all my mods). There was not cost but I have the peace of mind of knowing I had it down so they cannot disqualify my repair for failure to comply with the rules :)