PDA

View Full Version : www.TheUltimateJeep.com

LWM
08-04-2011, 11:05 AM
Well after months of discussion and consideration I took the leap and purchased www.TheUltimateJeep.com and had it forwarded to XK-Forum.com

You can now give either address to your friends and it will direct them here!

I hope that this will be a more welcoming address for our WK friends.

pjmjr508
08-04-2011, 11:13 AM
hope so too

IamJEEP
08-04-2011, 11:25 AM
Awesome, we have had some WK guys signing up lately.......which is a great thing!

Matt
08-04-2011, 12:47 PM
Will the forum ever transfer completely to TheUltimateJeep.com or will it always be a phantom that immediately turns into xk-forum.com when you type it in?

Matt
08-04-2011, 12:53 PM
As an example, if i try to send someone a link to this site.... say, for instance, the article that is describing these changes and welcoming the WK community even more-so... it still says xk-forum.
Example:
http://www. xk-forum.com/content.php/130-XK-Forum.com-makes-some-changes

I've been on a few forums that have changed the domain and have had all of the threads/links/etc converted. Granted I didn't personally do the work, so i'm not sure what's involved. But I know it's possible. Might be something to consider before the site gets even bigger?? If this really does take off, I think it would be better having "TheUltimateJeep" as our true "home" domain. $.02

In any case, i think all of these changes are great and really excited to see this site grow! Thanks for putting this all together knapp!

LWM
08-04-2011, 01:03 PM
I can ask the guy who does my backroom stuff (way over my head) about making theultimatejeep.com the main domain. It does not matter to me since they both get you here but I do see what you mean about links.

IamJEEP
08-05-2011, 08:54 AM
Crap! I just recieved my XK-Forum decals not too long ago.

LOL, I have to agree with Matt on this, tho.

LWM
08-05-2011, 10:29 AM
Crap! I just recieved my XK-Forum decals not too long ago.

I might consider sending lifetime members a new one as a thanks!

IamJEEP
08-05-2011, 11:24 AM
I might consider sending lifetime members a new one as a thanks!

That would be very kind of you, sir. But i will be willing to pay for the new ones.

LWM
08-05-2011, 12:04 PM
That would be very kind of you, sir. But i will be willing to pay for the new ones.

Thanks! I am going to run them both.

Matt
08-06-2011, 06:29 AM
I'll pay for a new one too....

Sal-XK
08-06-2011, 04:24 PM
I'm broke I own a jeep :)

IamJEEP
08-06-2011, 04:55 PM
I'm broke I own a jeep :)

"A" Jeep? More like "2" Jeeps! LOL!!!

Sal-XK
08-06-2011, 08:41 PM
"A" Jeep? More like "2" Jeeps! LOL!!!

Ya I'm double broke now, I guess I'll find money for a sticker :)

AJeepZJ
08-08-2011, 11:09 AM
The HAWK EYES have narrowed there vision on SEVERAL ZJ's out in Greensborro - BRO.. i'm practically throwing a line and getting a bite every time.... For the price they want I might get 2! lolololol!!!!

Sal-XK
08-08-2011, 01:37 PM
The HAWK EYES have narrowed there vision on SEVERAL ZJ's out in Greensborro - BRO.. i'm practically throwing a line and getting a bite every time.... For the price they want I might get 2! lolololol!!!!

Don't get to carried away you'll still need money for gas and trail passes. :)

LWM
08-19-2011, 04:56 PM
Will the forum ever transfer completely to TheUltimateJeep.com or will it always be a phantom that immediately turns into xk-forum.com when you type it in?

I have changed the set up so that now you can pick between www.theultimatejeep.com and www.xk-forum.com and they will both take you to the same forum but your address bar will reflect the domain you typed in to get there.

Matt
08-19-2011, 09:02 PM
doesnt work....

When i go to www.theultimatejeep.com it asks me for my login. So i put in my login, it then redirects me to xk-forum.com and gives me the following error message:

Invalid Redirect URL (http://www.theultimatejeep.com/)

And then all is the same as its always been (xk-forum.com)

LWM
08-19-2011, 10:14 PM
doesnt work....

When i go to www.theultimatejeep.com it asks me for my login. So i put in my login, it then redirects me to xk-forum.com and gives me the following error message:

And then all is the same as its always been (xk-forum.com)

I had the same result, I will keep working on it.

Matt
08-20-2011, 06:57 AM
Sounds good man, thanks. I'm sure your hard work will pay off here:)

Matt
08-31-2011, 04:25 PM
I noticed the switch over this afternoon. Great job!! https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png

Now i just need to change my links lol

LWM
08-31-2011, 11:07 PM
I noticed the switch over this afternoon. Great job!! https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png

Thanks, We are working to make this site all you want it to be!

AJeepZJ
09-01-2011, 04:05 AM
I also saw that it was 'official' in the browser as well. Can I say, "Awesoooooooooooooooome!"