PDA

View Full Version : Sal-XK's XJ

Sal-XK
08-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Well its official I just got her home. I bought the XJ off of A.J today. This will be my rock crawler crazy drive over it just because I felt like it jeep and the XK will be my expedition Jeep.

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/08/100_5041JPG-1.jpg

And there is that sweet SFA :)

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/08/100_5040JPG-1.jpg

It's on a 6" lift running 33" tires. I also noticed it has the rear drive shaft conversion so its a universal out of the TC and the slip portion of the drive shaft is now at the rear diff I was very happy to see that. :)

Little Evil
08-06-2011, 03:14 PM
Looks nice!!! I have a '85 XJ that "should" look like that lol

Matt
08-06-2011, 03:25 PM
Awesome man. Don't lose focus on the XK though!

Sal-XK
08-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Awesome man. Don't lose focus on the XK though!

No I won't loose focus on it just heading in the direction I originally planed for it. Now I can make it an awesome expedition jeep, a self sustained jeep for taking those 30 day off road trips :)

NeilSmith
08-06-2011, 03:47 PM
for taking those 30 day off road trips :)

You're not deploying it overseas , are you ? LOL

LWM
08-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Always good to add a Jeep to the family!

Holaday07 4.7
08-06-2011, 04:30 PM
Bye Sal, Jeep looks great man

IamJEEP
08-06-2011, 04:53 PM
Awesome! That is a sweet XJ, I still want one....

Omelet
08-06-2011, 05:04 PM
Ya XJs unite!!!

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/08/101_1566-1.jpg

AJ's loss is your gain!

pjmjr508
08-06-2011, 07:34 PM
Great Move Sal, Now the XK won't get so beat up.

Sal-XK
08-06-2011, 08:27 PM
Bye Sal, Jeep looks great man

Bye? I'm not going any where man LOL

Awesome! That is a sweet XJ, I still want one....

Keep looking

Ya XJs unite!!!

AJ's loss is your gain!

Ya he was a little sad to see her go, but I think he'll like his next project.

Great Move Sal, Now the XK won't get so beat up.

Ya I have a few things to do to the XK and now I have something else to drive so I don't have to worry about getting the XK back together for work the next day it gives me options now.

cico7
08-06-2011, 09:05 PM
Ya XJs unite!!!

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/08/101_1566-1.jpg

AJ's loss is your gain!
who's xj is his? its cool!!!!

AJeepZJ
08-07-2011, 04:21 AM
Thats Nathans XJ...

And yes I was still grieving as I herd that open pipe roar over the hill into the distance, but she is in amazing hands. My next project will be pretty freaking awesome... As Sal and I said agree people like a certain body style... Im more attracted to the Grands... Minus WJ's. So I will be picking up a ZJ ptobably really close to town near Sal here in a couple weeks. There's a couple Orvis' out there I like. Sal and I are doing kind of an XJ/ZJ team duo build. Will be pretty sweet.

IamJEEP
08-07-2011, 08:46 AM
Thats Nathans XJ...

And yes I was still grieving as I herd that open pipe roar over the hill into the distance, but she is in amazing hands. My next project will be pretty freaking awesome... As Sal and I said agree people like a certain body style... Im more attracted to the Grands... Minus WJ's. So I will be picking up a ZJ ptobably really close to town near Sal here in a couple weeks. There's a couple Orvis' out there I like. Sal and I are doing kind of an XJ/ZJ team duo build. Will be pretty sweet.

Can't wait to see what you two have in store.

Omelet
08-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Yep, what AJ said! But in case you are not sure who this Nathan character is, that would be ME!

And thanks! After my 88 Suzuki Samurai this was my baby. Now it just sits and gets jealous of the WK!

CmmdrDan
08-08-2011, 04:55 AM
I go away for a week and I come back and jeeps are sold and bought. And Nathan is here.

Sal-XK
08-08-2011, 07:45 AM
I go away for a week and I come back and jeeps are sold and bought. And Nathan is here.

Were movers and shakers over here LOL

CmmdrDan
08-08-2011, 07:48 AM
Well I am glad to be back. Im becoming annoyed over at JF. A little to much of the same thing over and over again. Im gonna go send some PM's to people i think would be a good fit over here.

Sal-XK
08-08-2011, 07:57 AM
Well I am glad to be back. Im becoming annoyed over at JF. A little to much of the same thing over and over again. Im gonna go send some PM's to people i think would be a good fit over here.

Ya same thing on the other commander forum same crap over and over. The core group here are modifiers and wheeler s so there is something always going on. And being able to find information cataloged like it is here is a big help.

Matt
08-08-2011, 08:27 AM
This place is definitely growing. .. and in a good way.

CmmdrDan
08-09-2011, 05:08 AM
I pmed a user over there and he said he registered. Should just be waiting to get approved.

Tymac
08-09-2011, 08:41 PM
For every technical bit of info on the web, the guys at http://www.myunibody.com have done a great job of compiling it on one site.

Sal-XK
08-10-2011, 08:11 AM
For every technical bit of info on the web, the guys at http://www.myunibody.com have done a great job of compiling it on one site.

Thanks for the link I will check that out.

IamJEEP
08-11-2011, 12:03 PM
It's been a couple of days now............So, what mods have you done?

Sal-XK
08-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Well I've been busy and the little bit of time I have had I've been polishing.

To my friend AJ this is Windex
https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png

You spray it on windows and wipe it away once in a while LMFAO ahah I crack my self up. The water spots are so dense and bad I've been polishing the windows by hand which I have given up on. I will get the power polisher or I'll be doing this all year LOL So no time for mods still cleaning LOL

AJeepZJ
08-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Well I've been busy and the little bit of time I have had I've been polishing.

To my friend AJ this is Windex
https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png

You spray it on windows and wipe it away once in a while LMFAO ahah I crack my self up. The water spots are so dense and bad I've been polishing the windows by hand which I have given up on. I will get the power polisher or I'll be doing this all year LOL So no time for mods still cleaning LOL

Bah! It's a trail rig, not a Mercedes! And stop it! You are washing away years of fun and thrills! At least put the Papertowel in a ziploc and mail it to me.

Sal-XK
08-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Bah! It's a trail rig, not a Mercedes! And stop it! You are washing away years of fun and thrills! At least put the Papertowel in a ziploc and mail it to me.

LMAO I do need to atleast see the trails :) on good note I think I found the two spots it's leaking from and should easy fixes. It needs a new power steering resavoir and oil cap new valve cover gasket. That's what I found so far nothing serious easy enough done. I really like that you did the slip yoke eliminator mod on this man just stoked about that.

AJeepZJ
08-11-2011, 02:46 PM
LMAO I do need to atleast see the trails :) on good note I think I found the two spots it's leaking from and should easy fixes. It needs a new power steering resavoir and oil cap new valve cover gasket. That's what I found so far nothing serious easy enough done. I really like that you did the slip yoke eliminator mod on this man just stoked about that.

If you tell me one more thing you like about the XJ, I will come down and hold my hand out for more money, lol.

IamJEEP
08-11-2011, 03:07 PM
Lmcao..........if you dont wash the old crud off, it'll still be AJ's years of fun on the XJ. Time to put some fresh "Sal" crud on that bad boy, then dont wash it.

No offense, AJ.

AJeepZJ
08-11-2011, 03:12 PM
But.... but can't he just layer some Sal crud on it???? And trust me - as soon as I start the ignition in a 5.2/5.9L ZJ - I will have entirely forget about her. But since were here..

Sal - I had a lot of 'firsts' in that Jeep, probably wanna go ahead and Lysol and 409 the rear cargo area, and the back of where those seats lay down... Ahh... good ole' highschool days.

cico7
08-11-2011, 04:24 PM
you should rename yourself Sal XKJ

Sal-XK
08-11-2011, 04:30 PM
Sal - I had a lot of 'firsts' in that Jeep, probably wanna go ahead and Lysol and 409 the rear cargo area, and the back of where those seats lay down... Ahh... good ole' highschool days.

That's all I've been doing is cleaning the XJ

you should rename yourself Sal XKJ

Kinda cool but I'll keep my name I think.

AJeepZJ
08-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Yeah I kinda neglected cleaning the XJ. I can honestly say that after the lift, I've only ever detailed that Jeep once. Most times I just rinse stuff off, or it will come off eventually on it's own.