PDA

View Full Version : Ordered Me Some Tow Hooks ( funny story inside )

NeilSmith
08-09-2011, 02:55 PM
So the local junk yard got another XK in. The owner , who is a friend of mine, wasn't there and one of the guys said they had the tow hooks and for me to come on down and just take em off, wouldn't give me a price so I figured pretty cheap if not free even. Cool. I go down today at lunch , he points me in the right direction, and I proceed out into the yard. Its a white sport model, crushed pretty badly from rolling over into / around a tree. I cant find any hooks. It had already been torn apart, engine removed, no front end. I rummaged through the inside and find springs, trailing arms, gas tank, and a black SNAKE !! No hooks. Probably never had em being a sport. No skids either. I go back inside and asked guy if they had any Grand Cherokees , 05 and up, assuming they are the same. He goes into a speech telling me they are nothing alike. Ok , whatever. Do you have any 05 and up Grands ? No, I have an 06. :confused: SO I go look at that and no dice either. When I got back to the shop I called our Jeep dealer, my parts manager is on vacation. This chick named BJ helped me. LOL ! Why would a woman call herself BJ ? She was very nice and helpful and got me the hooks for $80. She was so happy to chat with me that she said if Im ever over that way to bring my Jeep by and show her and we could go to lunch. How do I tell my wife that Im having lunch with a chick named B.J. ? LOL !!!

Sal-XK
08-09-2011, 03:09 PM
You don't tell her LOL deny deny deny to the bitter end

pjmjr508
08-09-2011, 03:22 PM
Lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

cico7
08-09-2011, 03:56 PM
wasnt me!

IamJEEP
08-10-2011, 09:04 AM
LOL......just don't tell her you are having a BJ with a girl named Chick!

Holaday07 4.7
08-10-2011, 09:13 AM
LOL......just don't tell her you are having a BJ with a girl named Chick!

Lol

NeilSmith
08-10-2011, 04:24 PM
Installed, took about 30 minutes ( you gotta remove the bumper cover ). I got tired of the brush guard look and needed a change.