PDA

View Full Version : OME & 1,5" leveling

Petter
08-16-2011, 01:15 PM
Hi,
I got my 1,5"(Robby`s) leveling kit and where/are ready to do the install. But just a question before I go ahead.
Have come up with an OME springs idea ... ;) So the question is: Can I go ahead with the leveling kit and the OME spring install?
Or do also the OME springs set level up the XK?

http://www.rocky-road.com/commanderome.html

Thanks
Petter

EvilJager
08-16-2011, 01:43 PM
Yea omelet has done the OME kit with a front strut spacer and rear puck ti get 4" lift

Sal-XK
08-16-2011, 01:55 PM
I think the question was will the OME lift level out the XK. I believe it does can't say with certainty. I'm sure someone will know for sure and chime in on that.

AJeepZJ
08-16-2011, 03:52 PM
I think the question was will the OME lift level out the XK. I believe it does can't say with certainty. I'm sure someone will know for sure and chime in on that.

I would agree with Sal - And it really depends on what degree of a stickler you are when you say 'level'. I'd consider post OME lift hub center to fender F/R (22/21.5) to be fairly level. Although mine is probably closer to 22 now that all my crap is out. It would really depend on what you get, whether MD or HD.

As an FYI to better assist your coil selection
For 4.7L 4x4 XK Curb Weight: 4968 lb - weight distribution ratio (Front to Rear) 44/56 - Weight on the front axle: 2186 lb - on the rear axle: 2782 lb

The 4.7L V8 weighs approximately 437 lbs - and It doesn't weigh much less than a Hemi so this would generally apply to both. The Weight ratio difference for XK's F/R is even greater with the 3.7's. If you plan to get OME... And want to level it - I'd probably do the reverse of what WK's do and go MD front, HD rear - if you want to try to level it.

Petter
08-19-2011, 06:13 AM
I would agree with Sal - And it really depends on what degree of a stickler you are when you say 'level'. I'd consider post OME lift hub center to fender F/R (22/21.5) to be fairly level. Although mine is probably closer to 22 now that all my crap is out. It would really depend on what you get, whether MD or HD.

As an FYI to better assist your coil selection
For 4.7L 4x4 XK Curb Weight: 4968 lb - weight distribution ratio (Front to Rear) 44/56 - Weight on the front axle: 2186 lb - on the rear axle: 2782 lb

The 4.7L V8 weighs approximately 437 lbs - and It doesn't weigh much less than a Hemi so this would generally apply to both. The Weight ratio difference for XK's F/R is even greater with the 3.7's. If you plan to get OME... And want to level it - I'd probably do the reverse of what WK's do and go MD front, HD rear - if you want to try to level it.

Hi,
Tanks for the OME spring & strut update. I will probably now for the first install the 1,5" level kit I already got.
Then next step, OME spring set with or without the 1,5" leveling kit. But like to know if I can install the OME springs with the 1,5" leveling kit?

Thx
Petter

AJeepZJ
08-19-2011, 06:20 AM
You will need to cut the front strut spacer

Holaday07 4.7
08-19-2011, 06:55 AM
I am installing Robbys spacer next week and I have the Daystar lift. I only got the 1/2 inch spacer though and don't forsee any problems.

robby
08-23-2011, 07:18 PM
Petter.......there is another member on the Commander forum that did a similar mod (my kit with a aftermarket spring)
He had installed the springs first and found that, although stiffer, the ride height had not changed.
I suspect the OME spring would have similar results.
You will have to search some......he posted before and after pics......was from Austrailia.

Holaday07 4.7.......your setup is a direct install............no surprises

Rob

Sal-XK
08-23-2011, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the info Rob I'm glad you stopped back by.

robby
08-23-2011, 07:41 PM
You're welcome Sal,

I am involved with six forums......lotsa tech type questions/answers.
If I tried to get involved with this site....that would be seven......I do love the involvement but get myself spread a bit thin.

So, as you can see I visit from time to time......but this time, the 4Guard thing is blowing me away.....trying to figure out why.

Rob

Sal-XK
08-23-2011, 07:44 PM
You can't blame Russ he wants to retire so I hope he has fun.

robby
08-23-2011, 07:54 PM
Ah yes, retirement.........tried it for three years.......hate to say it but all those projects I said I wanted to do.....

I finished them.....last six months of the third year........Bored witless.

Maybe Russ will have better luck......me, I went back to work.......likely die with a wrench in my hand or a phone in my ear.....but still having fun.

Rob