PDA

View Full Version : wk cb mount idea

EvilJager
08-17-2011, 09:56 AM
I have a midland cb (mini) located where most wk Cb's are mounted. To the left of the steering wheel cubby hole. My idea is since I dont use it is to mount my cb where the sunglasses holder is by taking that whole piece out and getting a steroids shoo to fiberglass something up for me and still being able to have the lights come on when opening the doors... what are your thoughts?

cico7
08-17-2011, 10:04 AM
......out and getting a steroids shoo to fiberglass something up for me and still being able to have the lights come on when opening the doors... what are your thoughts?this I don't :confused:understand...

EvilJager
08-17-2011, 10:15 AM
Damn phone. Auto correct..
Steroids was supposed to be stero . shop

cico7
08-17-2011, 10:37 AM
I understood the Steroids Shoo, it's the lights coming on on threw me.

Do you have a WK? Cause i dont see how it would mess with an XK.

I have a midland cb (mini) located where most wk Cb's are mounted.
Ok, you have a WK. I too have a Midland. Nice radio.

To the left of the steering wheel cubby hole.
I am with you there, that is where mine is.

My idea is since I dont use it is to mount my cb where the sunglasses holder is...
Is this in the center where the mirror hangs?

by taking that whole piece out and getting a steroids shoo to fiberglass something
Ok, you're shooting fiberglass steroids, got that.

still being able to have the lights come on when opening the doors... what are your thoughts?
I think it is a good idea to have the lights come on. That is where I am lost. how does that affect the lights?

EvilJager
08-17-2011, 10:51 AM
Ok.. the part where the sunglasses holder, lights, and garage door opener are. Take that out and custom fiberglass my cb there and lights so the lights still work when I open the doors and stuff... get it now?

cico7
08-17-2011, 11:30 AM
Ok.. the part where the sunglasses holder, lights, and garage door opener are. Take that out and custom fiberglass my cb there and lights so the lights still work when I open the doors and stuff... get it now?
Got it, sounds like a plan to me.

cico7
08-17-2011, 11:32 AM
On mine, you know I am still struggling with the idea that not everyone has a commander....but if I took the center down, I could open that area
enough to put that midland in the hole. Have you checked it out to see if it would fit with the mirrow down?

IamJEEP
08-17-2011, 12:02 PM
That sounds like it would work well. What would you do with the mic, let it hang?

cico7
08-17-2011, 12:23 PM
That sounds like it would work well. What would you do with the mic, let it hang?
Hang it on the side of the spot where the radio is.

IamJEEP
08-17-2011, 12:24 PM
Hang it on the side of the spot where the radio is.

Not getting a visual here,..................any pics of said area?

EvilJager
08-17-2011, 05:54 PM
The camera on my phone is broken and the replacement phone I just got wouldn't activate so when I get a new phone ill take a pic and post lol

IamJEEP
08-18-2011, 04:32 AM
Gotcha.

EvilJager
08-22-2011, 12:40 PM
Ok finally snagged a pix of where im thinking of putting my cb.
It would replace everything! And add some led lights for when I open the door

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/08/20110822_153457_823-1.jpg