PDA

View Full Version : Selecting new Tires (Discount Tire)

AJeepZJ
08-26-2011, 09:00 AM
Does anyone have any experience with these tires???

Hankook DynaPro's (http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?pc=10838&counter=1&ar=75&rd=16&sw=false&cs=265)

Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's (http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?pc=31921&counter=1&ar=75&rd=16&sw=false&cs=265)

Nitto Terra Grappler (http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?pc=40207&counter=1&ar=75&rd=16&sw=false&cs=265)

Discount Tire: If you check this post...

Do you guys have any other tire types for the General Grabber.. I usually like their prices... but I will trash that HTS tire in a week.

Matt
08-26-2011, 09:03 AM
DynaPros are great tires... have them on the KK.

Duratracs are much better suited for offroading... i'd get those over the DynaPros if this is for an offroad rig.

Terra Grapplers.... hate them. Specifically the stupid looking "hotwheels" lightning bolts on the sidewall (i apologize if anyone has them... but i really think Nitto killed that tire with those lightning bolts)

AJeepZJ
08-26-2011, 09:14 AM
DynaPros are great tires... have them on the KK.

Duratracs are much better suited for offroading... i'd get those over the DynaPros if this is for an offroad rig.

Terra Grapplers.... hate them. Specifically the stupid looking "hotwheels" lightning bolts on the sidewall (i apologize if anyone has them... but i really think Nitto killed that tire with those lightning bolts)

Yes this will become the dedicated offroad rig. It will take the replace and surpass what I had done for my XJ.

NeilSmith
08-26-2011, 09:19 AM
I got the Duratracs. I think they're great. The ride nice with just a little noise, not very bumpy at all. They work well off road. i dont do anything extreme so I dont know how they will do on a crawler or extreme mud rig. i air em down to 20 and they are fine for me.

Matt
08-26-2011, 09:20 AM
In that case you shouldn't be looking at the terra grapplers or the dynapro..... only good off-road tire in your list thus far is the duratrac.

Sal-XK
08-26-2011, 10:11 AM
Have you looked at the Maxxis? There reasonably priced a little noisy but you know I beat the snot out of mine and air them down to 12PSI with no issues.

Aggie07
08-26-2011, 10:36 AM
I have the duratracs and they are great off road. I have had to come to a complete stop in mud up to the rock rails and I didn't even spin the tires to get moving again. I have been on some pretty rocky trails with them, but not rock crawling so I cannot speak from that point. Can't seem to find any mountains here in Houston! :)

Since you are looking to make this a dedicated trail rig, I would consider something more aggressive with more spacing between the treads. The duractacs are great both on and off road. That is why I got them since my Jeep is used as a daily driver too.

Holaday07 4.7
08-26-2011, 12:31 PM
Most of the guys I go wheeling with are running the new MTRs with Kevlar. If your not using this rig as your dd I would look at those or a set of Super Swamper LTBs. The LTBs are really aggressive, and are cheap

Discount Tire
08-27-2011, 02:33 PM
For a dedicated trail rig, the DuraTrac is an excellent option as it is a hybrid M/T~A/T and does well in all conditions.

Omelet
08-27-2011, 03:54 PM
Is this for your ZJ? You need a good strong MT for that thing! Don't get the ATs. I am not sure how often you do any rock crawling, but I would not recommend the DuraTrac for the rocks. One of my buddies out here had them on his 4Runner and had to take them back after a short while because the lugs were chunking and ripping off. If you don't do rocks then you are fine!

AJeepZJ
08-27-2011, 04:32 PM
I couldn't quite afford a M/T tire.. I have selected some temporary AT's until December/January when I lift the ZJ some more, and I'm selling these to a buddy of mine. I really don't want to put any MT's on it right now while it's only 2" off the ground. I want to put on some 33x12.5 MT's when I lift it an additional 2.5"s. It will be about 4.5"s of lift by then.

Holaday07 4.7
08-27-2011, 04:53 PM
gotcha my bad, I was thinking this question was for post lift

AJeepZJ
08-27-2011, 05:07 PM
Well technically this is post lift. I'm installing a BB lift with Sal next weekend. The tires I got are going on after this BB lift. But I'm planning on stacking the lift i'm applying next weekend onto a 3.5" lift later on in the year. Then I will sell these tires and get some legitimate MT's.