PDA

View Full Version : What did you do to your XK today!?

Pages : [1] 2 3

CmmdrDan
08-29-2011, 03:57 PM
Well I am stealing this idea from another forum.

We didnt have power all day so I did some more painting. It came out looking great. Ill get some pictures to post as soon as my phone charges up.

First I had to paint (plasti-dip) my license plate holder. The paint started chipping off of it so I cleaned it up and painted it.
Next I painted my front shackles the same green as my emblems.
Last I painted the slats between the main grill dividers green. Same as my emblems. Came out better than I was expecting. I know some wont like it but it looks great!

Matt
08-29-2011, 04:19 PM
Ordered the stupid 6539 fuel pressure adapter today so i can check my pressure. I hate "special tools" like that.. ugh

ScorpionCrawler
08-29-2011, 06:57 PM
What did I do to my XK today?
Looked at pictures, she's still busted,1300 miles away in South Dakota, going on 5 weeks now.

cico7
08-29-2011, 07:08 PM
drove it to work....washed the windows (inside) and cleaned the cupholders

Matt
08-29-2011, 07:11 PM
What did I do to my XK today?
Looked at pictures, she's still busted,1300 miles away in South Dakota, going on 5 weeks now.

Sucks man! any update??

ScorpionCrawler
08-30-2011, 04:35 AM
Sucks man! any update??
4 weeks to get the replacement valve body, but..... when they dropped the pan, there was metal everywhere.
So ordered a replacement trans, bone yard, 7 work days for shipping. I'm hoping they get it today and maybe could get it done by Friday.
That way I could hop on a plane and use labor day weekend to bring her home, with maybe a stop for some hiking in the Badlands.
I'm not counting on it though. They have some work to do on it, changing the guide bushings and all the seals, and flushing the cooler.
If there is any hint of metal after flushing, I asked that they replace the cooler as well.
I should have dropped the pan while I was there, and the dealership should have too, first thing, but all indications led to it being an electrical problem.
I didn't have any thought that I burnt the trans. THe day prior to the breakdown I was all over mount pass roads. Gran Tetons to Thermopolis to Sturgis, and never felt a slip or anything, and it never overheated. Also I changed my trans fluid at 80,000 and again before I left at 120,000 more than the mfg required. At 120,000 the oil looked ok and wasn't burnt and there certainly wasnt metal in it. Total failure at 127,000. I expected way more out of it.
My oldest brother runs some dealership service departments and over a beer he just said get over it, you had 127,000 miles on it, IT JUST WORE OUT!
So a couple more beers and I've gotten over the break, but man I want my XK back, I'm driving a 2001 Ford Ranger that work gave me to use.
That was very nice of my boss. Saved me buying something else and or rental.

AJeepZJ
08-30-2011, 05:42 AM
Really sorry to hear about that man =/

pjmjr508
08-30-2011, 10:57 AM
hope you get back soon

Adondo
08-30-2011, 11:44 AM
I put on a set of new shoes. Well, yesterday, not today. Does it still count? :D

Toyo Wild Country M/T, 265/75/R17

I added some fill light in Picasa because it was too dark to see the tire tread. It's not really THAT white. :)
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/08/DSCF1937JPG-1.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/08/DSCF1939JPG-1.jpg

pjmjr508
08-30-2011, 11:56 AM
Nice

sean112280
08-30-2011, 12:18 PM
I put on new wiper blades

CmmdrDan
08-30-2011, 12:34 PM
crossed 50k..

pjmjr508
08-30-2011, 01:57 PM
Crossed 40k yesterday

Sal-XK
08-30-2011, 02:06 PM
I got 5 quarts of Mobile 1 synthetic for $25 :D O'Reilly has a sale going until COB today I didn't know about it just got lucky.

Chapman89
08-30-2011, 03:27 PM
I got my windshield replaced today! Thank you NCDOT for throwing a **** ton of rocks my way!

I have an appointment on the 19th to have my hood and front fenders touched up by the body shop due to rock chips.

pjmjr508
08-30-2011, 03:31 PM
I got 5 quarts of Mobile 1 synthetic for $25 :D O'Reilly has a sale going until COB today I didn't know about it just got lucky.

its either yours takes less then mine or you already have another 2 QT's of the M1 5w-30.
Mine takes 7 QT's

But good find, I need to stop by & pick up some for mine if they are having the sale out here on the west coast

IamJEEP
08-30-2011, 03:45 PM
Drove it as usual.

Sal-XK
08-30-2011, 04:23 PM
Mine usually takes 6 QT but yea I have extra from the last sale pep boys had

lekmedm
08-31-2011, 06:02 PM
Well, last week I replaced the front rotors and pads. Not a bad job, and I got to use my new impact wrench! Yay!

:)

pjmjr508
08-31-2011, 06:05 PM
you cheated
I did mine with all hand tools lol

Holaday07 4.7
09-01-2011, 11:54 AM
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/09/RearShocks006-1.jpg

Tomorrow I am getting an allignment, hopefully will even out the wear on the tires.

LWM
09-01-2011, 12:55 PM
Gonna get off work in an hour, fill up the tank and go to a Cardinals/Broncos game.

lekmedm
09-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Got me some Bridgestone Dueler Revos installed!

:D

Matt
09-01-2011, 03:00 PM
I got a BIG to-do list for tomorrow...

1) Install new T-stat
2) Wash
3) Lower ride height by installing the following 150+ pounds of steel:

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/09/20110901174634-1.jpg

pjmjr508
09-01-2011, 03:33 PM
you will like the difference on feel & look & the feeling to know your protected.

CmmdrDan
09-01-2011, 04:38 PM
Matt you are getting higher and higher on my list. I wont mention which ones. But neither are good for you....

just joshin ya..haha...yea.........muhaha...yea

Matt
09-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Lol... let's go wheeling!

Holaday07 4.7
09-01-2011, 05:42 PM
I am jealous! It would be sooo much nicer to not have be so paranoid of the body and everything underneath on the trail

Chapman89
09-01-2011, 07:30 PM
Installed a DDM 5000k HID kit.

I also figured out my clunking issue coming from the front passenger side. The bushings are shot in the UCA resulting in some stress on the ball joint. There is nearly 1/4 of an inch of play when turning the wheel. I'm ordering a new upper control arm/ ball joint assembly. I think I'm going with the MOOG brand because it's only $30 more. Anyone use them yet?

Sal-XK
09-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Installed a DDM 5000k HID kit.

I also figured out my clunking issue coming from the front passenger side. The bushings are shot in the UCA resulting in some stress on the ball joint. There is nearly 1/4 of an inch of play when turning the wheel. I'm ordering a new upper control arm/ ball joint assembly. I think I'm going with the MOOG brand because it's only $30 more. Anyone use them yet?

You must explain why you are not going with the JBA UCA's and don't say money...... That replaceable upgraded ball joint is worth the extra coin and the corrected angles are a plus.... Smell some over time coming your way buddy hahhahah

Holaday07 4.7
09-02-2011, 06:39 PM
Put on Robbys Half inch leveling spacer. My Commander finally sits Level. Also did rotation ballance and allignment. All I need is sliders and a belly guard and the XK is complete... for now

Chapman89
09-02-2011, 07:57 PM
You must explain why you are not going with the JBA UCA's and don't say money...... That replaceable upgraded ball joint is worth the extra coin and the corrected angles are a plus.... Smell some over time coming your way buddy hahhahah

I definitely considered the JBA UCA's but I cannot drop $450 on them. I can get a pair of MOOG's for $200.

The money thing...I'm in the middle of closing on a house right now. I need all the extra $ I can get for the upcoming home improvements. The house my fiance' and I bought sits on 1.5 acre wooded lot. I need to put a fence up asap for the dogs. Plus, I'm not to fond of some of the colors inside so I see a lot of painting in my future. haha

Sal-XK
09-02-2011, 10:18 PM
I definitely considered the JBA UCA's but I cannot drop $450 on them. I can get a pair of MOOG's for $200.

The money thing...I'm in the middle of closing on a house right now. I need all the extra $ I can get for the upcoming home improvements. The house my fiance' and I bought sits on 1.5 acre wooded lot. I need to put a fence up asap for the dogs. Plus, I'm not to fond of some of the colors inside so I see a lot of painting in my future. haha

Ya I know there pricy bro

NeilSmith
09-04-2011, 04:55 PM
installed a new water pump and thermostat today. i towed camper 200 miles home friday and water pump goes out on saturday.

superacerc
09-04-2011, 04:59 PM
Washed the salt water and sand off her yesterday evening.

NeilSmith
09-11-2011, 03:27 PM
Got her cleaned up Friday morning. I chaperoned some pre-teens and teens on a weekend camp at Camp Watermarks. http://watermarkscamp.com/ We had a great time. I had 6 boys ride with me, 2 of them are about to get their learner's permit. These boys were all drooling over the Jeep, they absolutely loved it. Hopefully I made Jeep some new fans.

gasouthern1
09-11-2011, 07:19 PM
past week - installed 4xguard sliders, did the Sal front bumper mod, took out the third seat, replaced the front tires, got a full size spare and another AEV wheel... on a cash refresh break now.

Matt
09-11-2011, 07:27 PM
you will like the difference on feel & look & the feeling to know your protected.

Kind of ironic... turns out that the "feel & look" is killing me. All that extra armor (combined with the other stuff) made my front end sag something horrible, to the point that it seriously bothers me.

So today... I ordered some parts to correct that. :cool:

Matt
09-11-2011, 07:29 PM
past week - installed 4xguard sliders, did the Sal front bumper mod, took out the third seat, replaced the front tires, got a full size spare and another AEV wheel... on a cash refresh break now.

You sir, need a garage thread with a bagillian pictures... yesterday

gasouthern1
09-11-2011, 07:42 PM
You sir, need a garage thread with a bagillian pictures... yesterday

I know, when I get some time at home I will take care of it. Maybe I will see if I can get it done this week.

CmmdrDan
09-11-2011, 08:27 PM
Matt, What did you order?

Matt
09-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Some heavier springs :D

CmmdrDan
09-11-2011, 08:33 PM
MD or HD? with Struts?

Matt
09-11-2011, 08:36 PM
HD, w/struts & i got some fresh mounts too. Figured with the wheeling i plan on doing this fall and next spring, no reason to beat around the bush. (plus we decided that my daughter isn't starting daycare in January... we're waiting until next August, so that took a bit of stress off!)

CmmdrDan
09-11-2011, 08:39 PM
Nice I am looking forward to a wheeling trip.

ScorpionCrawler
09-12-2011, 10:10 AM
:) Talked on the phone, she is ready to come home.
So... what would you do?
This is the deal.
Car Hauler 7 days b-4 the carrier gets it. 3 to 4 day transit with a cost of $1,100.
OR...
$520 for a flight figure $350 for the fuel and the 1,300 mile drive home.
I could fly out fri am and be back Saturday night or early Sun am.

Holaday07 4.7
09-12-2011, 11:18 AM
So... what would you do?
This is the deal.
Car Hauler 7 days b-4 the carrier gets it. 3 to 4 day transit with a cost of $1,100.
OR...

Drive it, test out the all the new parts, and hope to god it does not break down. Congrats on getting it back though!

Sal-XK
09-12-2011, 12:04 PM
I would ship it unless I was concerned about the work done but if it's still messed up you have to fly home then try again later could get expensive.

Chapman89
09-12-2011, 08:37 PM
Ordered a pair of Moog UCA's, bought 7 quarts of synthetic, oil filter and front brake pads. I've got a busy day coming up!

Next on the repair list is the worn out front differential isolators/bushings.

Matt
09-12-2011, 08:40 PM
So... what would you do?
This is the deal.
OR...

Fly out there and get your XK!

Matt
09-12-2011, 08:41 PM
Ordered a pair of Moog UCA's, bought 7 quarts of synthetic, oil filter and front brake pads. I've got a busy day coming up!

Next on the repair list is the worn out front differential isolators/bushings.

How many miles do you have?

Chapman89
09-13-2011, 06:06 AM
How many miles do you have?

I'm just about to turn 58,000 miles. I find it strange that my UCA's are crap already but I guess it's possible. When I turn my steering wheel there is about 1/8 inch of play causing a clunking sound. My ball joints look a bit worn out, they shift like crazy when turning the steering wheel.

I'm honestly surprised that a lot of us aren't replacing their UCA's, I'm not even that hard on my XK off roading compared to what I see posted on the forums.

Matt
09-13-2011, 06:36 AM
I hear ya man... I think more of us will be replacing them soon.

AJeepZJ
09-13-2011, 07:10 AM
Thats crazy... I'm at 85K+ and still on OEM UCA's... I have my UCA's inspected every oil change and tire rotation. Since it's free of charge and they gotta take my tires off anyway.

ScorpionCrawler
09-13-2011, 08:05 AM
Looks like she is coming home on a carrier.
I really wanted to go get her and finish the round trip.
Since I know metal filled the trans filter and pan.
Id rather drive it at home a few miles and drop the pan, and check for any metal that may have not been flushed.
Just want to make sure.

My UCA's are original at 127,000. No lift.

Holaday07 4.7
09-13-2011, 09:02 AM
Well at least you are getting her back! My UCA are holding strong at 96,000 miles, and I am not exactly easy on them.

Chapman89
09-13-2011, 10:35 AM
I'm not 100% convinced that they are shot. However they do cause the clunking sound when turning the steering wheel left to right. It's actually the bushings that appear to have shrunk/dried out. Does anyone else have a little shifting in their UCA's?

ScorpionCrawler
09-13-2011, 11:14 AM
My decision worked out,:)
Just got a call from the carrier and they are picking her up tomorrow, and she'll be in my driveway sometime Friday.
:):D:p;)

AJeepZJ
09-13-2011, 11:25 AM
I'm not 100% convinced that they are shot. However they do cause the clunking sound when turning the steering wheel left to right. It's actually the bushings that appear to have shrunk/dried out. Does anyone else have a little shifting in their UCA's?

I HONESTLY don't think it's your UCA's/BJ...

I have very little shifting in the UCA's, which my mechanic told me was nothing to worry about, and the balljoint/bushing was fine - especially since it generates no detectable sound. Nick make sure that your BJ is tight. I don't think you have a bad wheel bearing because you'd have more symptoms than what you have.

but....

I suspect that it is a CV Joint - especially explains why it 'knocks' when you turn... Have you inspected them for any leaks of oil on that side, or the condition of the CV Boot. A UCA is hardly, if at all, effected by turning the steering. I'm putting my money on a bad CV Joint.

Holaday07 4.7
09-13-2011, 12:16 PM
Zero play in mine, but I do not have a clunk either

Matt
09-13-2011, 12:48 PM
Just got a call from the carrier and they are picking her up tomorrow, and she'll be in my driveway sometime Friday.

Awesome!!!!!

Matt
09-13-2011, 12:51 PM

The bushings will flex. Really need to see it in person though to determine if the bushing are bad. There should be absolutely no play in the baljoint itself.

Chapman89
09-13-2011, 01:30 PM
I HONESTLY don't think it's your UCA's/BJ...

I have very little shifting in the UCA's, which my mechanic told me was nothing to worry about, and the balljoint/bushing was fine - especially since it generates no detectable sound. Nick make sure that your BJ is tight. I don't think you have a bad wheel bearing because you'd have more symptoms than what you have.

but....

I suspect that it is a CV Joint - especially explains why it 'knocks' when you turn... Have you inspected them for any leaks of oil on that side, or the condition of the CV Boot. A UCA is hardly, if at all, effected by turning the steering. I'm putting my money on a bad CV Joint.

AJ you may be on to something. I just got back from Goodyear Auto Care for a balance and rotation. The mechanic said everything appeared to be nice and tight. So now I don't know who to believe.

To be more specific the knock/clunk I get is when I hit bumps, uneven surfaces, etc. It doesn't occur just driving down the road. I'm wondering if the steering rack or tie rod ends could be the cause of this noise?

I've already replaced the sway bar bushings and both end links. So I know its the not typical situation everyone else has.

Matt
09-13-2011, 02:38 PM
I'd double check the strut mount bolts...

Sal-XK
09-13-2011, 04:05 PM
I did nothing to my XK today more importantly what did my XK do for me today. It's been a rough 24hrs I haven't slept yet since I woke up Monday for work :( With out all the nasty details of me escapades I got done with what was stressing me out and every thing worked out in my favor and I was ready to go home and take a nap and the keys for her car were missing not my fault. So I had the wife come get me with the other set of keys. Standing there in 90 degree heat in my ACU's on top of it. I see my jeep come around the corner :) instant smile on my face and a sense of relief. She pulled in I jump in the passenger seat real quick and just felt all calm and all better again it was like I was already home. Needless to say I kicked her out of my jeep and back into her car and proceeded to take a 30 minuet nap in my Jeep :) Home is were you hang your hat they say and I hang a few hats in my Jeep.

CmmdrDan
09-13-2011, 07:07 PM
I did nothing to my XK today more importantly what did my XK do for me today. It's been a rough 24hrs I haven't slept yet since I woke up Monday for work :( With out all the nasty details of me escapades I got done with what was stressing me out and every thing worked out in my favor and I was ready to go home and take a nap and the keys for her car were missing not my fault. So I had the wife come get me with the other set of keys. Standing there in 90 degree heat in my ACU's on top of it. I see my jeep come around the corner :) instant smile on my face and a sense of relief. She pulled in I jump in the passenger seat real quick and just felt all calm and all better again it was like I was already home. Needless to say I kicked her out of my jeep and back into her car and proceeded to take a 30 minuet nap in my Jeep :) Home is were you hang your hat they say and I hang a few hats in my Jeep.

Very Nice sir. Very Nice.

Chapman89
09-14-2011, 06:51 AM
I'd double check the strut mount bolts...

Thank you for the reminder, I'll definitely give them a look over.

I know my front diff mounts are worn out but I don't think I'd actually hear it clunking around over bumps. I'm going to try and get my mechanic at work to replace them. I'd rather not do this on the ground. haha

Matt
09-14-2011, 07:45 AM
Actually, that could definitely cause clunking while turning, hitting bumps, etc. The diff is being pushed around by the CVs....

Holaday07 4.7
09-14-2011, 08:27 AM
Thank you for the reminder, I'll definitely give them a look over.

I know my front diff mounts are worn out but I don't think I'd actually hear it clunking around over bumps. I'm going to try and get my mechanic at work to replace them. I'd rather not do this on the ground. haha

One of my Strut bolts was stripped and looked ok from the surface, but was causing some noise in the front end.

Chapman89
09-14-2011, 09:02 AM

Should I just replace the two isolator bushings (labeled 14)? Or should I replace the rear mount (labeled 11) as well?

Matt
09-14-2011, 09:32 AM
I would do all of the mounts. Once one goes bad, the others aren't far behind.

AJeepZJ
09-14-2011, 10:47 AM

lol guy's, Sal has one of the coolest wives I've ever met. I can almost envision how that last part went. And yes, I can definitely tell home is in your Jeep. I ha have a sun-visor in both Jeeps. And about 15 more hats in my room, lol.

ScorpionCrawler
09-19-2011, 01:03 PM

:( Spoke toooooo soon.
Carrier called Friday pm and he was busted down in Tahoma Wisconsin.
Today the saga continues with, they are trying to get it on another carrier.
What they thought was turbo problems for the carrier is getting bigger.
I just want my Freakin XK back!

CmmdrDan
09-19-2011, 01:09 PM
:( Spoke toooooo soon.
Carrier called Friday pm and he was busted down in Tahoma Wisconsin.
Today the saga continues with, they are trying to get it on another carrier.
What they thought was turbo problems for the carrier is getting bigger.
I just want my Freakin XK back!

Jesus. Good things come to those who wait! Sorry about your luck man.

Holaday07 4.7
09-19-2011, 01:39 PM
Maybe they will give you a discount? lol... Good luck man, at least you are not without a vehicle though

Chapman89
09-19-2011, 10:53 PM
Changed the front brake pads and did an oil change. I got 7 quarts of 5w-20 Castrol EDGE with a K&N Filter for $50.

Edit: My new differential mounts came in, hopefully I can tackle this Sunday!

lekmedm
09-21-2011, 02:47 PM
Today I re-sealed my front differential. It was leaking again after 30k miles. Well, I had to change the diff oil anyway. I'm coming up on my 90k mile service soon!

:cool:

ScorpionCrawler
09-23-2011, 06:24 PM
Update:
The carrier has been awol since Tuesday pm.
I have been on the phone today with the transport broker and local police and police form Tohma Wisconsin his last known location.
I'm staying calm and drinking my red-stripe but at this time it is believed to be gone,stolen or whatever.
I've been instructed to wait until Monday to file stolen vechile reports with the police and something with the DOT.
I have talked to the driver probably 10 times prior to Tuesday and I find it hard to believe, but stranger things have happened.
I hope something bad hasn't happened to the driver, and that's why we can't get a hold of him.
If not it's probably already in Mexico................................

Matt
09-23-2011, 06:29 PM
no f'in way.... man i just never ends :(

ScorpionCrawler
09-23-2011, 06:34 PM
Yeah, this isn't soundin good at this point.
My wife is livid, the broker has never had this happen but the driver has just disappeared.
No email responses from his truck, nothin, the dude is just gone, the last communication with him was tuesday night and he should have been here some time wednesday night at the latest.
I'm not the only one out, he was fully loaded with 10 vechiles.
I do hope he is OK and that none of this is true.

Matt
09-23-2011, 06:39 PM
I would just like to state that although you must be a bit angry/nervous right now, AND drinking, your "reason for edit" had me cracking up https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png

ScorpionCrawler
09-23-2011, 06:41 PM
HaD To doooooooos somthang likkkke that.

NeilSmith
09-23-2011, 06:53 PM
Well, today we towed the pop-up for its maiden trip . We came to Va Beach, staying at the KOA. Normally a 2 hr 45 min trip took 5 hrs. Hampton Roads traffic absolutely sucks. It was raining pretty good and then there was an accident at the tunnel. XK did very well.

Sal-XK
09-23-2011, 07:00 PM
Hahaha funny I've been on these stupid pills for almost two weeks straight now I'm usually only on them a day or two but my backs been killing me. I'm glad you guys find my suffering amusing LOL just kidding my post last night was pretty bad I'm not sure I completely remember posting that LOL

LWM
09-23-2011, 07:31 PM
Took my Commander to the stealership today to have my airbag warning light looked at, they wanted $119.00 just to look at it!

ScorpionCrawler
09-24-2011, 09:56 AM
The transport driver has been located!!!

sean112280
09-24-2011, 10:01 AM
The transport driver has been located!!!

Where the hell has he been?

ScorpionCrawler
09-24-2011, 11:07 AM
Unkown........
He was suppose to be here around 12:30-1:00 and it's 2:04 now.
So I think he must still be on mountain time.
I'm flippin another lid at 2:30.
I would be drinkin already but I'm a volunteer announcer at my sons HS and don't want to be all slurrrrrryyyyyy, and stuff tonight.

I think the driver freaked when the police called looking for him.
My neighbors are all standing by in case there is a conflict on his arrival.

IamJEEP
09-24-2011, 11:08 AM
Washed it.................

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/09/092411113245-1.jpg
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/09/092411113306-1.jpg
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/09/092411113206-1.jpg
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/09/092411113221-1.jpg
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/09/092411114129-1.jpg

sean112280
09-24-2011, 11:43 AM
Looks good caleb!

ScorpionCrawler
09-26-2011, 05:58 AM
She's home!
https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png[/IMG]
someone is waiting for a ride

THE END!!!

The driver was a real nice guy.
He just didn't communicate well.
He was really stressed and definately had some problems.
The leasing company of the truck wouldn't approve having the tractor repaired in Wisconsin and they wanted him to drop the trailer and have the tractor towed back to Maryland.
He ended up catching a cab to a greyhound station, bus ride to a Sheboygan, cab to Penske and then sat and waited for the tractor rental.
Then 395 miles back to get his trailer and then to me.
He originally left for a haul Baltimore to Seattle and back, and had now been on the road for 5 weeks.
He was tired and pretty beat up, emotionally.
He was really a good dude, just didn't communicate and ignoring things didn't help him.
I've learned to be more paient and he has learned to communicate.

I was amazed when I opened the door, the dealership must have had some porters with free time.
The interior was DETAILED, upholstery, seats were even cleaned, exterior was washed and the bugs, tar and shi** was all removed from the front bumper and grill.
Looked like someone took a clay bar to it.

I'm happy again!

So last night my wife says.
"Will we ever see you again or do we have to go to the driveway?"
What do you keep looking at anyway?

I didn't have to answer

Matt
09-26-2011, 06:09 AM
wow.... what a story!

glad to hear it all worked out. after hearing the story about what the driver went through I would have bought him dinner. sounds like the dude needs a rest!

ScorpionCrawler
09-26-2011, 06:24 AM
I gave him a 50 for dinner and some beers.
He grew up about 1.5 hrs from here, I know the area well and he was heading there to spend the night with his brother.
Sorry about the pics, can't seem to get them attached properly.
I'll try again later.

CmmdrDan
09-26-2011, 07:39 AM
Pictures came up fine for me.
Great that you got her back!

As for me, I just changed her oil. It was the first time since I put the qwik-valve on. Man it was nice not getting all oily. No leaks or anything, It was perfect. I also dropped in a K&N Filter for ****s and giggles.

Also through on a tape line for an idea of a bumper chop.
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/09/20110926103447-1.jpg

Gonna think about it. Ignore the tap going around to the driver side of the bumper. It needs adjustin'

LWM
09-26-2011, 07:44 AM
Mine is just sitting in the driveway...

I need a good off road trip!

AJeepZJ
09-26-2011, 08:32 AM
Geez - I would get no sleep at night if I were you - I dunno HOW you do it.

Chapman89
09-27-2011, 10:32 AM
Is a little moisture like this normal on the front end? It's only on that side.

https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png

Sal-XK
09-27-2011, 01:41 PM
Water will evaporate if it all ways looks wet it's probably some type of oil on there. It could be anything above it dripping down as well.

superacerc
09-27-2011, 03:16 PM
Air con condensate?

Matt
09-27-2011, 04:07 PM
The evaporator canister for the A/C is directly above there.... water will drip off of that especially if its really humid out.

cherrybomb05
09-28-2011, 03:42 PM
Made an account on here finally! What did I do to my wk today.. look at the cloth seats and remembered why I bought seat covers.

Realized this said xk, not wk..:p

Matt
09-30-2011, 09:58 AM
Just finishing up the pinch weld mod... will probably write up a "how to" tonight..

DetroitMarauder
09-30-2011, 10:07 AM
Got an oil change.

Just finishing up the pinch weld mod... will probably write up a "how to" tonight..

Thats a great idea. I'm going to have to do this really soon. Did you take a lot of pics while doing it? I'm more of a visual learner.

LWM
09-30-2011, 10:26 AM
Mine is at the Dealership getting the Air Bag Warning Light repaired

Matt
09-30-2011, 11:16 AM
Got an oil change.

Thats a great idea. I'm going to have to do this really soon. Did you take a lot of pics while doing it? I'm more of a visual learner.

Yep... quite a few pictures actually

sean112280
09-30-2011, 01:35 PM
Got my strut spacers for her today.

ScorpionCrawler
10-07-2011, 03:01 PM
New batery.... I don't think she liked sitting for 2 months.

redrockv8
10-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Filled her belly with 6qts of 5w20 Valvoline full synthetic. I swear she has a smile on her grill. (she thinks shes going on another road trip across the USA.) I'm not going again until next spring but I don't want to tell her.

sean112280
10-07-2011, 04:07 PM
Cleaning out her sunroof drains. I took pics so i will post up a lil how-to.

superacerc
10-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Filled her belly with 6qts of 5w20 Valvoline full synthetic.

I did the valvoline full synthetic deal with a mobil 1 filter this week from O'rileys for 29.99 as well. Had to buy the 6th quart for 8 dollars though. Still got a military discount though so it wasn't too bad.

LWM
10-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Drove it down to Doc's to check out the new sliders!

Sal-XK
10-07-2011, 11:18 PM
I did the valvoline full synthetic deal with a mobil 1 filter this week from O'rileys for 29.99 as well. Had to buy the 6th quart for 8 dollars though. Still got a military discount though so it wasn't too bad.

The last O'Rileys sale they gave me the sale price on the extra quarts when they had a killer deal on Mobile 1.

superacerc
10-08-2011, 12:47 AM
Thats a good deal. Would have saved me another two or three dollars if I had thought to ask.

AJeepZJ
10-08-2011, 05:40 AM
I put on a set of new shoes. Well, yesterday, not today. Does it still count? :D

Toyo Wild Country M/T, 265/75/R17

I added some fill light in Picasa because it was too dark to see the tire tread. It's not really THAT white. :)
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/08/DSCF1937JPG-1.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/08/DSCF1939JPG-1.jpg

Gorgeous XK

redrockv8
10-08-2011, 09:26 AM
Cleaning out her sunroof drains. I took pics so i will post up a lil how-to.

Looking forward to your pics. I did mine with an air hose. The right one still seems to drain at less than half the rate of the left one. I kept pouring water down the hole to test it. No significant rain yet so hopefully it quit leaking inside the cabin. Didn't leak at the self service car wash though.

redrockv8
10-08-2011, 09:29 AM

I was using the Mobil1 oil filter until last year when Wal-mart started selling the Mopar filter at half the price. Hopefully it's just as good.

sean112280
10-08-2011, 01:28 PM
Looking forward to your pics. I did mine with an air hose. The right one still seems to drain at less than half the rate of the left one. I kept pouring water down the hole to test it. No significant rain yet so hopefully it quit leaking inside the cabin. Didn't leak at the self service car wash though.

I will post those and a how-to later on tonight.

As far as today goes we (Matt and I) put on strut spacers and rims and tires on my XK. pics to follow as well

DetroitMarauder
10-08-2011, 01:31 PM
1.5" Spidertrax spacers all the way around and a bull bar with driving lights and finally installed the RR shocks.

Holaday07 4.7
10-08-2011, 01:36 PM
You all better post up some pics tonight. I washed, waxed, and detailed the inside. Feels much better now

CmmdrDan
10-08-2011, 01:40 PM
Sean..you forgot..you met one of the coolest xk owners out there..me..matt cam in a close second though..

sean112280
10-08-2011, 03:24 PM
Sean..you forgot..you met one of the coolest xk owners out there..me..matt cam in a close second though..

LOL yea your right ;)

CT-riverrat
10-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Put in a new battery today. It stalled and threw some codes when I was in NY salmon fishing 2 weeks ago. I took it to the dealer, they put in a "drivability" patch on the computer. They said the only thing they could find was I had a cell going on the Batt. Since it looked like the original, which means it was 4 yrs old I replaced it. I used a Walmart Maxx Battery, it was direct fit and the one I put in my Durango, lasted 5 yrs trouble free, I decided to go that way again.

superacerc
10-09-2011, 06:24 PM
Drove through some big puddles in Houston coming home from work. (That's a good thing cause we're like down 30" so far this year cause of the drought. This is the most rain we've had since last year.

hoaxci5
10-10-2011, 05:14 PM
Yesterday I plugged the AC Compressor back in.... the dealership mechanic left it unplugged after replacing the cylinder head.

Today I tracked down a wiring problem which was causing my CB/Amp/Aux input to not work. (I did a shotty install job apparently, I had a wire short)

superacerc
10-10-2011, 06:31 PM
Had an alignment performed. As figured the toe was off pretty bad. Feels like it rides a bit smoother now and a little quieter.

XK N00b
10-13-2011, 04:04 PM
Bought a set of BFG M/2 KM 255/75R17's on Rubicon rims from CL. Put them on but alas, the rims scrape the brake calipers up front. I need some spacers. Has anyone had any issues running spacers up front?

pjmjr508
10-14-2011, 05:34 AM
Most of us here are running spacers with out an issue.

Holaday07 4.7
10-14-2011, 05:58 AM
Bought a set of BFG M/2 KM 255/75R17's on Rubicon rims from CL. Put them on but alas, the rims scrape the brake calipers up front. I need some spacers. Has anyone had any issues running spacers up front?

I am running those tires and 1.25 inch spidertrax wheel spacers. No problems whatsoever

XK N00b
10-14-2011, 12:35 PM
Most of us here are running spacers with out an issue.

This is what I had assumed, seeing a lot of signatures with spacers in them. Just wanted to be sure, local tire shop seemed vehemently against using them, refusing to touch vehicles equipped with spacers.

Holaday07 4.7
10-14-2011, 12:55 PM
This is what I had assumed, seeing a lot of signatures with spacers in them. Just wanted to be sure, local tire shop seemed vehemently against using them, refusing to touch vehicles equipped with spacers.

As long as they are not the only shop in town, then you are good. With the way the economy is, most places just want the business

Matt
10-14-2011, 05:31 PM
As long as they are not the only shop in town, then you are good. With the way the economy is, most places just want the business

A lot of shops have policy against working on vehicles with spacers. It's not about business, it's about liability. For instance if the owner didn't follow the instructions when he installed the spacer, then the tire shop rotates the tires (or does anything that involves removing the wheel), and later on the spacer fails... the shop would be in a bad spot because you know they're going to get blamed, even though they didnt install the spacers.

XK N00b
10-14-2011, 08:29 PM
Found a pair of spacers for the front, got them installed, drove over to a friends, beat down the pinch welds, removed the tires, retorqued the spacers, remounted the BFG's topped off the tank and am ready to wheel tomorrow. :D

LWM
10-14-2011, 10:12 PM
Sprayed bed liner where the plastic rocker used to be.

HueyPilotVN
10-14-2011, 11:41 PM
I just got back home to AZ after towing the Commander all summer, (about 6,000 miles). I had no problems at all except a burned out headlight. Replaced both of them with SilverStars. We went as far east as Virginia, north as far as Chicago, then wandered home. Was going to do New England but the Hurricane changed my mind.

superacerc
10-15-2011, 04:27 AM
I used all 7 seats for the first time in a few months. Gotta love the versatility of th xk.

Holaday07 4.7
10-15-2011, 05:49 AM
Sprayed bed liner where the plastic rocker used to be.

I ripped off the plastic rocker guards last night, will you post a pic, I am putting on the bedliner this afternoon.

LWM
10-15-2011, 10:24 AM
will you post a pic, I am putting on the bedliner this afternoon.

Sure, I purchased a can of spray bed liner from Home Depot for $7.47, taped off a line that I liked and completed the task in about 30 minutes.

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/10/BedLiner2-1.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/10/BedLiner4-1.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/10/BedLiner5-1.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/10/BedLiner6-1.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/10/BedLiner7-1.jpg

Now we need to find some good looking plugs for the plastic rocker panel mounting holes.

Holbie99
10-15-2011, 10:44 AM
Installed the RC 2 inch lift. Looks great.
Before
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/10/photobucket15301318704044278-1.jpg

After
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/10/photobucket14161318701159926-1.jpg

Holaday07 4.7
10-15-2011, 11:07 AM
Sure, I purchased a can of spray bed liner from Home Depot for $7.47, taped off a line that I liked and completed the task in about 30 minutes.

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/10/BedLiner2-1.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/10/BedLiner4-1.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/10/BedLiner5-1.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/10/BedLiner6-1.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/10/BedLiner7-1.jpg

Now we need to find some good looking plugs for the plastic rocker panel mounting holes.

That looks great, I have to run to the store and grab some real quick. Yeah I cant figure out what I am going to do to the mounting holes

Matt
10-15-2011, 04:48 PM
gave her a much needed bath!

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/10/20111015180322-1.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/10/20111015180252-1.jpg

Sal-XK
10-20-2011, 06:37 PM
It's been so busy here my garage is filling up with projects and parts for my jeep and I've had no time to work on it :( I bought a fires stick but not sure if I got the right side the end looks a little small

LWM
10-20-2011, 08:37 PM
Made arrangements for a new windshield, my current one has too many chips.

lekmedm
10-21-2011, 07:29 AM
It's been so busy here my garage is filling up with projects and parts for my jeep and I've had no time to work on it :( I bought a fires stick but not sure if I got the right side the end looks a little small

How can you tell...?

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/10/fire_stickmed-1.jpg

Brandon1024
10-21-2011, 08:15 AM

Jk-Forum....? If so its what have you dont to you jeep this week.

CmmdrDan
10-21-2011, 08:31 AM

Jk-Forum....? If so its what have you dont to you jeep this week.

Jeepforum. Why on earth would I be on JK-forum?

Brandon1024
10-21-2011, 08:34 AM
Jeepforum. Why on earth would I be on JK-forum?

EVeryone likes to dream....

CmmdrDan
10-21-2011, 08:50 AM
EVeryone likes to dream....

I come here and my bed to dream..

Sal-XK
10-21-2011, 09:13 AM
How can you tell...?

Leave my typing alone when I'm on my phone or on my drugs :p

Chapman89
10-21-2011, 12:59 PM
Replacing my sway bar bushings again. The pair from Raybestos lasted a whole 14,000 miles. I picked up a pair from the Jeep dealership this morning, hopefully the OEM pieces last longer. I do find it weird that the cut in the bushing is on the front side toward the bracket.

Holaday07 4.7
10-21-2011, 01:05 PM
Replacing my sway bar bushings again. The pair from Raybestos lasted a whole 14,000 miles. I picked up a pair from the Jeep dealership this morning, hopefully the OEM pieces last longer. I do find it weird that the cut in the bushing is on the front side toward the bracket.

Damn, how many miles do you have?

LWM
10-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Washed it and went downtown. :)

Matt
10-21-2011, 03:29 PM
dropped it off at the dealer :(

Sal-XK
10-21-2011, 04:32 PM
dropped it off at the dealer :(

WTF!!!!!! happen there?

Matt
10-21-2011, 04:35 PM
Decided to take advantage of the certified preowned warranty with a $150 deductible instead of buying the shift motor. I hate hate hate having someone else work on my truck and i really hate service managers that try scamming you out of warranty work; so you can imagine im dreading the phone call tomorrow. Ever since i dropped it off i've been playing every scenario in my head for how they're going to try to screw me and give me a $1000 bill.

Sal-XK
10-21-2011, 04:41 PM
Decided to take advantage of the certified preowned warranty with a $150 deductible instead of buying the shift motor. I hate hate hate having someone else work on my truck and i really hate service managers that try scamming you out of warranty work; so you can imagine im dreading the phone call tomorrow. Ever since i dropped it off i've been playing every scenario in my head for how they're going to try to screw me and give me a $1000 bill.

Oh ok that makes sense now good luck with those guys :)

Chapman89
10-22-2011, 07:04 AM
Damn, how many miles do you have?

Just under 58,000 miles. I replaced the first set around 44k because of an annoying sound, no clunking at the time. This time around I'm replacing them because of the clunk that everyone seems to complain about. It literally sounds like the sway bar is bouncing off the floor board on EVERY bump/ imperfection in the road.

superacerc
10-22-2011, 09:57 AM
Just gave it a wax. First time i've ever put a coat on. She's real shiny.

LWM
10-22-2011, 02:39 PM
Test fitted the new rock sliders, came up with a mount modification that will give us another 1/2 inch of ground clearance.

Matt
10-22-2011, 02:49 PM
Oh ok that makes sense now good luck with those guys :)

The good news... its covered.

The bad news... i picked up my XK this afternoon because they need to order the shift motor. So im still driving around with the tcase locked up :(

hoaxci5
10-22-2011, 05:49 PM
Wash and wax, and I think tomorrow I'll be changing the transfer case fluid.

Holaday07 4.7
10-23-2011, 12:59 PM
Went wheeling all day, and it is trashed now. No damage, but I cant wait to put the sliders on next week!

lekmedm
10-30-2011, 06:30 PM
I installed new pads and rotors on the back to compliment the front that I did about a month ago.

No more screeching noises from the back!

:cool:

toxicity_27
10-30-2011, 08:15 PM
I lifted it! Got the 2" RC lift installed today. The front driver's side was a pain, I broke the bolt for the sway bar on that side. That corner probably took about as much time to do as all three other corners combined. Goes in for an alignment tomorrow and to get the broken half of the bolt out and a new one put in. I absolutely love the way it looks now! Totally how it should have came from the factory.

sean112280
10-30-2011, 08:18 PM
Awesome! Congrats....Now pics or it didnt happen...:D

Sal-XK
10-31-2011, 04:10 AM
Awesome! Congrats....Now pics or it didnt happen...:D

X2!

toxicity_27
10-31-2011, 04:53 AM
Will try and get pics today after work for all of you.

Sal-XK
10-31-2011, 05:34 AM
Will try and get pics today after work for all of you.

Pics of modded jeeps is like porn to us LOL

Holaday07 4.7
10-31-2011, 05:36 AM
^^^^ that is awesome! I am picking up my 4x Guard Side Guards today. No time to install them till next weekend though.

toxicity_27
10-31-2011, 05:39 PM
Before
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/10/IMAG00971-1.jpg

After
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/10/IMAG0128-1.jpg

Matt
10-31-2011, 05:47 PM

Sal-XK
10-31-2011, 06:48 PM
sweet man looking good!

toxicity_27
11-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Thanks guys!

Sal-XK
11-01-2011, 04:33 PM
I picked a few more parts today to mount my antenna.

pjmjr508
11-02-2011, 01:15 PM
Looking great

GeeEssFore
11-03-2011, 07:51 AM
Got tired of the faded plastic so I used spray on bedliner for my front lip and step pad. Im thinking of also doing to side pieces. Nothing big just a nice touchup

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/11/cb9fd565-1.jpg
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/11/C360_20111103102449-1.jpg
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/10/20111023_091603_HDR-1.jpg

Sal-XK
11-03-2011, 09:12 AM
^^^^ looks good man

superacerc
11-03-2011, 10:42 AM
Good idea. Mine is pretty faded as well.

Sal-XK
11-03-2011, 12:29 PM
I finally joined the big boys in antenna choice LOL. I got my firestik all mounted with a spring and extra ground lead installed I'll add my how to with all my pics to my garage but here is the final product.

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/11/100_5240JPG-1.jpg

Matt
11-03-2011, 12:30 PM
I need to get another CB... Maybe after Christmas..

The_War_Wagon
11-08-2011, 11:32 AM
aFe Stage II R-5A. :cool: Did it on Saturday actually, but hey - I JUST joined! :D

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/11/AFE3-1.jpghttps://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/11/AFE2-1.jpg

LWM
11-08-2011, 11:39 AM
I took the front bumper & grill off someone elses Commander! :)

hoaxci5
11-08-2011, 01:52 PM
I took the front bumper & grill off someone elses Commander! :)

Post pics, I've never seen her with full frontal nudity..

CmmdrDan
11-08-2011, 02:00 PM
Post pics, I've never seen her with full frontal nudity..
Yes!

EvilJager
11-08-2011, 02:00 PM
I think he will get banned for nudity on thia site bro haha...
I wana see whar this is gonna look like!!!!

Holaday07 4.7
11-12-2011, 05:41 AM
Finished the first two coats on my side guards this morning. If I can figure out the correct hardware, I will have them on tomorrow!

LWM
11-12-2011, 03:59 PM
Worked up the final modification on the rock sliders, they will be ready by Friday! :)

sean112280
11-12-2011, 04:30 PM
very nice!

The_War_Wagon
11-17-2011, 05:26 PM
Installed new NGK V-Power plugs yesterday. Decided to dial up a little more gear as well - I think I've HIT on something with 3.88 gears!

If you're not familiar WITH Pittsburgh, it is a city of HILLS. While most folks are familiar with the Three Rivers, where the elevation is only 686 feet above sea level (last year, one MLB player managed to hit a homerun OUT of PNC Park - home of the Pittsburgh Pirates - and into the Allegheny River. Approximately 15 regulation homers have been hit OUT of the Park since it opened in 2001). But the downtown itself is at an elevation of 802' above sea level, making Pittsburgh the third highest elevation MAJOR Metro Area in America, behind Denver and Atlanta. Moreover, Mt. Washington, just across the OH River from Heinz Field (home of the Steelers), stands 1,223' above sea level - a rise of 600' in one mile distance! :eek: That accounts for all those pictures you've seen of Pittsburgh, that look like THIS.

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/11/Pittsburgh_dawn_city_pano-1.jpg

Go here to see it FULL SIZE. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/89/Pittsburgh_dawn_city_pano.jpg

The land drops 300 feet on the south side of Mount Washington, rising again along Brownsville Ridge to 1,200' in elevation again, where I live. Elevation falls & rises ripple outward through the city, and 200 - 300' differences in less than a half mile are NOT uncommon. Keep in mind, Pittsburgh celebrated its 250th Anniversary in 2008 - it is the oldest city west of the Alleghenies, and most of the roads are merely paved over horsepaths from centuries gone by! :eek:

Throw down some wet leaves, narrow, pot-holed streets, and poorly parked vehicles for a challenge, and even the factory 3.73 gearing can be pretty weak around here (to say nothing of the snow yet to fly!). I'm not confident enough to play with shift points just yet, but 3.88 gearing definitely keeps me in second longer for pulling inclines, and third is a smoother shift - once you're in third, it's because you're SUPPOSED to be there - and not by some arbitrary RPM accident!

I want to play with it a bit more, and get more adept at it, but 3.88 was DEFINITELY workin' for me today, hopping around the South Hills as I was! This is where I live and work every day; LOTTA stop 'n' go driving on these inclines in short hops (I actually walk to work!), and it will tax a vehicle like VERY few other cities will. Me, my Jeep, and Superchips are hittin' it off so far. :cool:

Matt
11-17-2011, 05:29 PM
What are you talking about with 3.88 gears? Gears aren't available for our vehicles...

Sal-XK
11-17-2011, 05:38 PM
If he changed the gear setting in the program and obviously we know he still has the stock gears you think the trans is shifting differently? and that's what he's feeling.

Matt
11-17-2011, 05:40 PM
That'll do it.... because his speedometer is off

Holaday07 4.7
11-17-2011, 05:42 PM
Switching it to the 3.88 gear setting would change the shift points, so it could be accomodating for something that is not there

Sal-XK
11-17-2011, 05:48 PM
well switching the gear ratio to change the shift points might be less complicated then actually changing the shift points maybe that's what he attempting to do.

Matt
11-17-2011, 05:52 PM
I'm surprised he's not throwing any codes... The engine/trans RPM aren't going to sync up with the ABS sensors at the wheels

Sal-XK
11-17-2011, 05:57 PM
I wouldn't know how big of a difference there is between 3:73 and 3:88 is that enough to cause issues?

Matt
11-17-2011, 06:02 PM
i guess not... that might be within the realm of expected tire wear. On the same notion, it wouldn't really be enough to drastically change the shift points either.

I'd put the gear setting back to match the actual gears that are in the vehicle. I have an inkling that he's feeling more of a placebo effect than anything else.

Sal-XK
11-17-2011, 06:11 PM
I think we've all had these type of moments in the past and probably some more to come in the future as well LOL

Matt
11-17-2011, 06:24 PM
Nothing will top the time that i ripped those fuel line clips off my rails and I had the proper disconnect tool sitting there in my driveway.... DOH!

The_War_Wagon
11-17-2011, 06:45 PM
If he changed the gear setting in the program and obviously we know he still has the stock gears you think the trans is shifting differently? and that's what he's feeling.

This.

The_War_Wagon
11-17-2011, 06:47 PM
That'll do it.... because his speedometer is off

Actually, last thing the Flashpaq does before finishing is, "RECALIBRATING SPEEDO." Didn't think you HAD to do that if the tires are the same size, but there you have it!

Matt
11-17-2011, 06:50 PM
Actually, last thing the Flashpaq does before finishing is, "RECALIBRATING SPEEDO." Didn't think you HAD to do that if the tires are the same size, but there you have it!

It calibrates the speedo based on the tire size and gears YOU programmed into it. Therefore, if you have different gears or a different tire size than what you put in there, your speedometer will be off.

Since you have programmed the computer for 3.88 gears, your speedometer now assumes that you have 3.88 gears in the differentials. Since you don't have 3.88s gears, your speedometer will not match your actual speed. (it'll be off by about 4%)

pjmjr508
11-19-2011, 03:21 PM
I dropped the Jeep off at the dealership a little over a week ago, all of what I had requested to be done except one item. Now the one item that was not fixed was a ticking sound from the engine bay, started about a month ago. Sounds like a valve tap or something similar to that, they come back to tell me it is normal for a Hemi to make a tapping sound. They were trying to tell me that if you put 10 hemi motors side by side that each will make a different sound, I call BS on that. I asked the service guy to bring up just 5 hemi's & show me this, his response is it's only an issue with the Commander & they do not have any; Again I call BS on this. SO I said thx & picked it & dropped it off at a different jeep dealership, so lets see what they have to say. I will be posting the paper I got back to show you what a joke this was.

Sal-XK
11-19-2011, 04:17 PM
isn't the exhaust headers prone to leaking which makes a taping sound?

superacerc
11-19-2011, 04:21 PM
^Mine does that. One day i'll get around to it. I know where my leaks are.

pjmjr508
11-19-2011, 04:28 PM
it started taping about a month ago @ about 40k miles.

CmmdrDan
11-22-2011, 07:08 AM
I started moving my lights last night. Finished up this morning. But now they arent working. The relay is clicking. The in line fuse is good..the stock fogs that they are tied into still work..So im at a loss there. But they look good behind the grill..Ignore the mess of wires. May have to rewire them..

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/11/20111122085406-1.jpg
\
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/11/20111122085400-1.jpg
/
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/11/20111122085612-1.jpg

superacerc
11-22-2011, 07:13 AM
Is your ground working properly? if you used crimp lugs did you get a piece of insulation in the lug and it's not connecting good? Did you really put lights on your jeep or did you just photoshop them on? If you're using photoshopped lights you have to draw in the light colors when you turn on the button....j/k

CmmdrDan
11-22-2011, 07:15 AM
Is your ground working properly? if you used crimp lugs did you get a piece of insulation in the lug and it's not connecting good? Did you really put lights on your jeep or did you just photoshop them on? If you're using photoshopped lights you have to draw in the light colors when you turn on the button....j/k

I didnt even move the grounds at all. They are still in the same location tight as can be. They worked in the location they have been in..I dont know..

Sal-XK
11-22-2011, 07:23 AM
Get a meter and follow the power from the source to the lights and see where you loose it at the last part you passed is the bad part. Or bypass you relay just to see if they fire up your relay went bad. Double check its all wired correctly as well.

Matt
11-22-2011, 07:25 AM
Use a meter... make sure you're getting 12v to the lights. Then double check continuity with ground.

CT-riverrat
11-26-2011, 02:57 PM
it started taping about a month ago @ about 40k miles.Did the second dealer fix it? Mine is going in Tuesday for the same thing.

Sal-XK
11-27-2011, 01:20 PM
I pulled my third row out finally!!! I wasn't ready for building a storage box so I just added some quick framing to keep stuff from sliding around and to get some anchor spots as well.

I also mounted my pioneer kit flash light and fire extinguisher.

Unitstrut I'm starting to love this stuff it's a universal mounting system for sure.

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/11/100_5320JPG-1.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/11/100_5316JPG-1.jpg

As you can see I have a case of MRE's the cooler is full of water and a few more survival items are in the Jeep :)

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/11/100_5321JPG-1.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/11/100_5322JPG-1.jpg

Also mounted my Multitool (gerber)

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/11/100_5324JPG-1.jpg

This is my hardware section where I get most my parts from

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/11/100_5317JPG-1.jpg

Communication slash music center LMAO
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/11/100_5318JPG-1.jpg

BEARS CORNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/11/100_5319JPG-1.jpg

07JeepXK
11-27-2011, 01:49 PM
Posting a few days late but did the rear ac/heat delete on my XK! No more lines behind the passenger side front tire. Going to have my buddy cut out my pinch welds and weld in some steel plating giving me about another 1-2 inches of clearance. Then bigger tires once I purchase the JBA UCA's.

pjmjr508
11-28-2011, 07:11 AM
Did the second dealer fix it? Mine is going in Tuesday for the same thing.

From what I was told from the 2nd one it is the CATS making it. Not completely sold on that, but for the time being I need my jeep back so will see how it plays out.

The_War_Wagon
12-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Radiator flush 'n' fill & a new thermostat - 60k mile service is FINALLY complete! :cool:

CT-riverrat
12-02-2011, 04:15 AM
From what I was told from the 2nd one it is the CATS making it. Not completely sold on that, but for the time being I need my jeep back so will see how it plays out.Got mine back last night, I was told its "normal". When I have more time I'll fix it myself.

07JeepXK
12-02-2011, 06:03 AM
I just replaced the starter in my XK last night. It has been acting up for about a year now and decided I better replace it before I get stranded somewhere this winter.

XK N00b
12-02-2011, 03:27 PM
i drove to Vegas and picked her up from the dealer! :D

Feels good to be back in an XK. 2008 Overland pics when i get back to phoenix

Matt
12-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Awesome!!!!!

How many miles are on it?

XK N00b
12-02-2011, 08:28 PM

Sal-XK
12-03-2011, 07:10 AM
I ordered some goodies :)

1 SA sliders
2 vent shades for the windows
3 receiver tow ring

AJeepZJ
12-03-2011, 11:09 AM
I just replaced the starter in my XK last night. It has been acting up for about a year now and decided I better replace it before I get stranded somewhere this winter.

What are the symptoms typically? Flickering idiot lights?

07JeepXK
12-03-2011, 03:01 PM
What are the symptoms typically? Flickering idiot lights?

I'm not exactly sure what the typical symptoms are of a starter that's on it's way out, but mine had been acting weird ever since last January. Several times each month when I would turn the key, you could hear the gear in the starter turning, but it wasnt shooting out properly to engage the fly wheel. I'd turn the key back to the off position and then go to start it again and it would start right up no problem. It had to of happened about 50 times in the past year. I do a lot of traveling with the Army and decided that I didnt want to get stranded one of these days when Im 6 hours from home so decided to throw in a new starter along with new wiring for that solenoid that shoots the gear out to make contact with the fly wheel. When I got the old starter out it was pretty much shot. You could shake it and everything inside sounded sloppy and loose.

Holaday07 4.7
12-04-2011, 12:30 PM
Installed my 4xGuard sliders and an Optima Red top

cico7
12-04-2011, 01:55 PM
Installing yellow fog lights.

Matt
12-04-2011, 02:29 PM
Finally cleaned it!

Sal-XK
12-04-2011, 03:57 PM
Finished painting my Jeep well, kinda finished. After I was I done I realized I didn't like the first line I made of the second line I made. So I have one more thing to do before I'm completely finished. I'm uploading pics now they will be in my garage.

This the line I don't like looks fine in the pic but with the doors shut the red that bleeds threw don't look right.
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/12/100_5348JPG-1.jpg

LWM
12-04-2011, 10:10 PM
Drove it to the football game.... Oh yes, the Cardinals beat the Cowboys :)

07JeepXK
12-05-2011, 06:44 AM
Finished painting my Jeep well, kinda finished. After I was I done I realized I didn't like the first line I made of the second line I made. So I have one more thing to do before I'm completely finished. I'm uploading pics now they will be in my garage.

This the line I don't like looks fine in the pic but with the doors shut the red that bleeds threw don't look right.

What kind of paint did you use, or is that some sort of truck bed liner? Also what exactly did you do to prep the surface prior to painting. I wanted to get to mine this weekend but i had so much other stuff to do. Going to try to tackle this before i leave for the Army this weekend.

Sal-XK
12-05-2011, 11:28 AM
What kind of paint did you use, or is that some sort of truck bed liner? Also what exactly did you do to prep the surface prior to painting. I wanted to get to mine this weekend but i had so much other stuff to do. Going to try to tackle this before i leave for the Army this weekend.

http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showthread.php/957-Painting-ideas-and-technique.?p=12746&viewfull=1#post12746

07JeepXK
12-06-2011, 04:13 PM
http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showthread.php/957-Painting-ideas-and-technique.?p=12746&viewfull=1#post12746

Thanks!!!!

GPintheMitten
12-07-2011, 06:58 AM
What did I do with my XK?

Yesterday I dropped my XK off at the body shop for a few "touch ups". I had 3 self-inflicted wounds on it. I shouldn't be allowed to hook onto a trailer.

One was a scrape on the front plastic bumper fascia on the corner from rubbing my wooden fence when I had the trailer on and was picking up branches from a tree we cut down. I couldn't quite make the turn and couldn't back up without jack-knifing the trailer so I just pushed through. It was not really bad...just traded paint with the fence.

The tailgate had a bruise from when I backed my tractor off the trailer with the hitch disconnected. Also not real bad but worse than the front. The third is the most recent. A couple of months ago, I had the trailer on my XK and my wife had a bunch of ladies coming over for bridge and I had to move the trailer. Got in a hurry backing up and jack-knifed it into the rear quarter panel.

Got tired of the shabby looks, so in she went for a $1000 spa treatment. The folks at the body shop said this is not so unusual. One guy who jack-knifed his, picked it up and came back later in the month for the same thing.

Edit to add: I think I need that roll cage that Doc posted up recently.

Sal-XK
12-07-2011, 11:53 AM
Paint the bumpers like I did and you can fix them for free :) or stay away from the trailer LOL

LWM
12-09-2011, 03:51 PM
Took someone's to the car wash for a wash & wax and then a vacuum and put one of those tree car fresheners in it, almost like new but not quite.

I put a Steel Armadillo Decal on mine!

Sal-XK
12-09-2011, 04:14 PM
I put a Steel Armadillo Decal on mine!

Looking forward to adding one to mine as well! https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png

hoaxci5
12-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Took someone's to the car wash for a wash & wax and then a vacuum and put one of those tree car fresheners in it, almost like new but not quite.

Royal Treatment!

superacerc
12-09-2011, 09:12 PM
Xk helped my buddy move across Houston today.

Holaday07 4.7
12-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Undercoated everything, hope it prevents any rust

hoaxci5
12-10-2011, 04:39 PM
Drove it for the first time in a month.. took it out to the desert and did some shooting with my brother in law.

Sal-XK
12-10-2011, 04:54 PM
Finally washed mine today!! Just the outside though, and I'm picking out a good spot to mount my new SA stickers https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png

Sal-XK
12-13-2011, 03:34 PM
I got both pinch welds straight and pre fitted the sliders. Got the driver side rail painted a little my can spit all over the slider not happy :( yes I'm taking pics Ill load them later.

Sal-XK
12-13-2011, 04:27 PM
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/12/100_5562JPG-1.jpg

LWM
12-13-2011, 05:19 PM
I took my Sliders to the water jet shop and had the step welded on and then dropped them off at the powder coat shop.

Sal-XK
12-13-2011, 05:20 PM
I took my Sliders to the water jet shop and had the step welded on and then dropped them off at the powder coat shop.

Pictures?

Sal-XK
12-13-2011, 05:33 PM
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/12/100_5564JPG-1.jpg

LWM
12-13-2011, 05:40 PM
Pictures?

It is not very good, took it with my cell phone:

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/12/IMAG0379-1.jpg

Future (retail) versions will have the welds on the bottom of the step as I did not like the exposed welds as much as I thought I would.

Sal-XK
12-13-2011, 05:45 PM
That looks pretty good. I think I would weld them from the bottom as well.

pjmjr508
12-18-2011, 07:14 PM
I did the spare tire hitch mod & now able to fix my full size spare underneath again. Also the unistruts are painted & have a few odds & ends to get painted & then I can complete the low profile roof rack bars to get that closer the the jeep by Friday.

lekmedm
12-18-2011, 07:23 PM
I swapped on my winter wheels.

Now I'm just waiting for some snow....

07JeepXK
12-19-2011, 06:58 AM
I siped and grooved my MTR's over the weekend! Ready for some snow!