PDA

View Full Version : Sal, are you pumped!?!

AJeepZJ
09-02-2011, 10:15 AM
Sal - one would think I'm an 8y/o who just had a box of skittles. I've been bouncing off the walls in anticipation of this Saturday... Like I'm entirely stoked. I get to hang out with Sal! I'm so excited! It's like... It's like seeing a big bro coming back from deployment for 6 months! :D :D

It's Wrenching Day for the XJ and ZJ!

CmmdrDan
09-02-2011, 10:24 AM
You hippy

Holaday07 4.7
09-02-2011, 11:08 AM
You hippy

??? lol

Sal-XK
09-02-2011, 12:00 PM
First I'm a man and we go on 12-15 month deployments :rolleyes: no offence to my Navy,Marine,Air force and coast guard counter parts but you all are babied LMAO JK

AJ is happy until he sees me with a reciprocation saw in one hand a beer in the other and a really evil grin on my face..... :eek:

AJeepZJ
09-02-2011, 02:51 PM
lol, leave it to someone in the military to bash other branches, lol. We might actually need a saw, lol. I think my tires may require me to do lots of trimming, so i'll be reading up on all that tonight.

IamJEEP
09-02-2011, 06:12 PM
Please, please someone video Sal sawing AJ's grand in half!

Matt
09-03-2011, 05:00 AM
Hahaha how'd I miss this thread? Hows the carnage?

pjmjr508
09-03-2011, 01:01 PM
any update guys?

CmmdrDan
09-03-2011, 01:06 PM
Last I heard from A.J. they were having issues with the spring compressor they had. And Sal let A.j. drive his XK to autozone..

Sal-XK
09-03-2011, 08:53 PM
Jeep is all done and trimmed up looks awesome AJ took pics I'm sure he will post when he can. Although I think he's going to bed soon :)

CmmdrDan
09-03-2011, 11:15 PM
Last I got from a.j. was a bunch of drunken gibberish and one picture..

AJeepZJ
09-04-2011, 04:56 AM
I ressent that. It was not gibberish. And I wasnt drunk, I was... REALLY tipsy and tired. It was me trying to keep my phone steady while typing.. Jeep looks awesome... fronts took us a longer than expected for a solid axle config... Has some extra stuff I wasnt expecting. We learned all the kinks by the rear which took about 45. Although half the problem was using the wrong spring compressor. The tires on this thing are a little bigger than the WK's but the lift is smaller than the WK's, so these tire look pretty awesome, especially on the stock 16" wheels. The frint tires were entirely rubbing the bumper and wheel well. The trimmming was, lol, custom for my fat tires... Few folks have 32's in a BB lift for a ZJ... We removed bump stops all the way around and disconnected front track bar for ultimate articulation... I will post these pics when I get home... But we jacked up a tire on one side nearly a foot off the ground and the other three tires still stayed planted.... We could have done more... Was pretty awesome... Im debating whether to make a new thread for the ZJ or continue in my WK's thread.

Matt
09-04-2011, 05:16 AM
You disconnected the front track bar??? Noooo, you meant sway bar..... right?

Sal-XK
09-04-2011, 05:28 AM
You disconnected the front track bar??? Noooo, you meant sway bar..... right?

No we did the sway bar not track bar. I think he's still waking up so.....