PDA

View Full Version : suggestions?

sean112280
09-07-2011, 04:17 AM
Looking to get some new, more aggresive tires for my XK. It is not lifted and I have the stock rims. Im getting ready to pcs to ft lewis,wa from md. So i would like to change out my tires. What do you guys suggest?

Thanks,
Sean

Matt
09-07-2011, 05:30 AM
How aggressive you looking to go?

The general grabber at2 are a good all around AT tire and have done well offroading for me. I also like the hankook dynapro atm.

On the more aggressive side of things I think the Goodyear DuraTracs are hard to beat for a mainly DD vehicle with occasional offroading.

sean112280
09-07-2011, 06:07 AM
Im looking for a decent tire. The xk is my DD and lil off road use. I will look at the tire you have suggested especially the duratracs. Thank you Matt for the suggestions.

Holaday07 4.7
09-07-2011, 06:57 AM
THe new Falken All terrains got a really good review. I have run the BFG All Terrain K/O on my old blazer. Got about 60,000 miles on them and they were great for all sorts of wheeling.

Sal-XK
09-07-2011, 07:11 AM
I'm running maxis big horns MT awesome off road tire a little loud on road though. But what can you expect with a aggressive tire. Pretty reasonably priced as well and wearing out perfectly even all the way around.

pjmjr508
09-07-2011, 08:52 AM
I have the Mud Terrain SXT from Les Schwab & have been very pleased with them. mine is a DD as well & does a great job of pulling dual duty (a little loud)

sean112280
09-07-2011, 09:30 AM
Thank you all for the great suggestions! I will be looking around at all of these.

superacerc
09-07-2011, 12:49 PM
I can vouch for the Duratracs. Their only fall back is in the rocky stuff cause their sidewalls aren't very tough. I've seen a rock eat right through a new set. They had good traction though.
I like my BFG KM2s. They are quieter than most AT tires and definitely the maxxis and super agressive as well. You don't really notice them in an XK unless you have the windows down. If you don't do much offroading though they are a bit overkill (unless you're in the snow a good bit).

EvilJager
09-17-2011, 09:05 AM
Ive had good luck with my cooper discoverer stt's

Glad to see another marylander in the house!

IamJEEP
09-17-2011, 01:11 PM
Nitto Terra Graplers<------great for on road use and ok for lite offroading. There are twi ratings....one has a softer sidewall (like mine), the other is for HD with a much stiffer sidewall. Quiet A/T tire on road.

Sal-XK
09-17-2011, 08:58 PM
Ive had good luck with my cooper discoverer stt's

Glad to see another marylander in the house!

Nitto Terra Graplers<------great for on road use and ok for lite offroading. There are twi ratings....one has a softer sidewall (like mine), the other is for HD with a much stiffer sidewall. Quiet A/T tire on road.

You guys need to add your tires to our review thread. Tire Reviews (http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showthread.php/1159-Tire-Reviews?highlight=tire+reviews)

sean112280
09-19-2011, 06:42 AM
Thanks guys! only in MD for another month. then it's off to Ft. Lewis, WA

lekmedm
09-21-2011, 03:17 PM
Wow.... It looks like you'll have plenty to choose from with all these recommendations.

Soooo.... I'll add to them!

Just recently I replaced my Wrangler Silent Armors after about 70k miles. They were great on my DD and are M+S rated as well! Now I have a set of Dueler Revos that are very nice, too. I like both sets.

:cool: