PDA

View Full Version : Roll call!!!!

Matt
09-12-2011, 05:35 PM
So what the hell is everyone up to? Been a bit quiet here lately... not many updates to members' garages, or even questions. We all taking a break from playing? We need to get some wheeling trips going!

And PS, if i catch ya asking questions elseware that i know the answer to... i'm coming after you 904 (... actually, im not... but i'll send sal after you!!!)

Lets hear it :)

CmmdrDan
09-12-2011, 05:47 PM
Ive been doing a lot of sitting. My girl and I got a home brew kit for 10 bucks and made that the other day. Hoping it comes out good. I was just looking at rigid lights. I want some..but I have no money to spend on mods. Im tired of not working. Ive been sending out mad applications. Everyone is hiring but no one is calling. Im down for wheeling as long as it isnt to far. I need to keep my money spending low key. All you guys showing pictures of guns and having fun has me down. I want to do all that. My pity party is over. Im going job looking online again. I wont be far...

Matt
09-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Hang in there dude!!

Ever officially look into wrenching on cars? Pick up some ASE books and take a few of the tests to get your initial cert...

CmmdrDan
09-12-2011, 06:15 PM
Thats the thing around here all we have are quick lubes. Im gonna run into a few bigger shops tomorrow that are up the road. See if they want any helpers/shop boys.

Matt
09-12-2011, 06:24 PM
Couldnt hurt to try a dealership as well

CmmdrDan
09-12-2011, 06:27 PM
I am gonna be over near annapolis tomorrow..Maybe Ill stop in at the Jeep dealer.

The website says they are looking for a sales person. I don't know if I would like that. I like talking to people and I love jeeps. So I think I'd be good at it. But sales is scary..you don't sell..you dont make money.

Matt
09-12-2011, 06:39 PM
Ya know... it doesn't have to be a jeep dealer 905

And sales isn't really that bad. The hardest part an "enthusiast" like us will have is separating our opinion from a sale.

CmmdrDan
09-12-2011, 06:47 PM
I honestly don't think I would have a problem separating myself. I would just want to get someone into the brand that works the best and is always proving itself.

I know it doesn't have to be a Jeep dealer but Parts for discount...haha and I just know so much about them. I know the most about the models that are no longer made. But man I feel like I could sell them to a nun fresh out of the convent.

Matt
09-12-2011, 06:51 PM
Eh, there aren't many "jeep" specific parts for the XK that would really make a discount all that great....

But it sure would be a great selling point when customers ask "so what do you drive?"... that's when being a "jeep enthusiast" really helps since it makes the potential buyer a lot more comfortable with the brand.

CmmdrDan
09-12-2011, 07:07 PM
The only thing I really need the discount for would be the fuel and transfer case skids.

If I was buying a car at a dealer and the guy was driving a beater I would be less inclined to buy from him. Shows no confidence in what he is selling. I would keep a binder of pictures with what they are able to do...ohh that would be good. Frowned upon..but good.

AJeepZJ
09-12-2011, 08:20 PM
It's football season, bro. When I'm not in class, or working an additional 6hrs for no reason, at the gym, or stuffing my face with food - Sooo... Thursday-Monday I can be found on my comfortable couch in front of my TV - watching much deserved, and long awaited, glorious football.

Matt
09-12-2011, 08:31 PM
It's football season, bro. When I'm not in class, or working an additional 6hrs for no reason, at the gym, or stuffing my face with food - Sooo... Thursday-Monday I can be found on my comfortable couch in front of my TV - watching much deserved, and long awaited, glorious football.

..... hmmm... my eyes must be playing tricks with me. What i really just read was:

It's football season, bro. And i really really really suck at multi-tasking.

It's OK grasshoppa.... let the master teach you :cool:

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/09/20110912232348-1.jpg

pjmjr508
09-13-2011, 12:00 AM
Nice Matt.
Myself well everyone knows what I have been dealing with. Other than that I was watching my football on my thunderbolt while I was with my son at the park so no beer but works just fine for me. Great Win Raiders!!!!!!!!

Once I am able to walk again I will be doing some more work on the XK I have been needing to do. Since the car is gone the wife has been driving me around in the XK, just wish I could drive.

Commanderdan wish you luck on the job front

Just remember if you do go in to sales @ a jeep dealership the new JK owners are not wanting to know how much the XK can out wheel it lol

Holaday07 4.7
09-13-2011, 05:15 AM
I work 60+ hours a week, then have to fit in time for the gym, my kid, his 2nd birthday is in a month, and wedding next year. I bailed on Jeep Stock next weekend, and the Midwest Jeep Stockers run. Sucks, but there is only so much time in every day.

Tymac
09-13-2011, 12:26 PM
In the last 7 days I've been to the range 3 times. Shot about 300 rounds. Going again tomorrow, Thursday and Friday. Taking a first timer each day. Until the past month I bet I haven't shot a pistol more than once a year and now I can't get enough. Weird.

The other day I was in the stall next to last season's winner. He was telling me they are taking sign ups for the new league. The range is having a 12 week league and has 100+ shooters signed up. I'm in. The first 4 weeks are qualifying and they broken down into divisions for either centerfire or rimfire. I asked if I can shoot in both and they said no. I just can't see why not, but they are the owners.

Chapman89
09-13-2011, 01:41 PM
Since graduating back in May life is moving pretty quickly! In July I got a great job at a Subaru dealership getting a good salary plus commission, the system is nothing like the stereotypical car salesman. I actually have an office of my own working internet sales and walk in's. Within weeks of getting the job I got engaged to my g/f of three years. Now I'm in the middle of closing on an awesome house, I'll begin the move in Oct 4th!

With that said the XK got put on the back burner but that's slowly changing. I've been busy sourcing down my weird clunking noise. I got a new windshield after the NC DOT truck threw rocks at me. I'm also getting some minor paintwork to the front clip of the vehicle. Thank you $0 deductible!

I cannot wait to have a garage again instead of working outside in an apartment complex parking lot!

pjmjr508
09-13-2011, 01:51 PM
Since graduating back in May life is moving pretty quickly! In July I got a great job at a Subaru dealership getting a good salary plus commission, the system is nothing like the stereotypical car salesman. I actually have an office of my own working internet sales and walk in's. Within weeks of getting the job I got engaged to my g/f of three years. Now I'm in the middle of closing on an awesome house, I'll begin the move in Oct 4th!

With that said the XK got put on the back burner but that's slowly changing. I've been busy sourcing down my weird clunking noise. I got a new windshield after the NC DOT truck threw rocks at me. I'm also getting some minor paintwork to the front clip of the vehicle. Thank you $0 deductible!

I cannot wait to have a garage again instead of working outside in an apartment complex parking lot!

Congrats all the way around

Holaday07 4.7
09-13-2011, 02:18 PM

That is awesome man, Congrats. I love having a base with commission, and congrats to you and the lady.

Matt
09-13-2011, 02:50 PM
wow!!! Some busy guys here!

Sal-XK
09-13-2011, 04:08 PM

Congrats bro, you were scaring me for a while there I thought you were going to be the next XK to fall.

CmmdrDan
09-13-2011, 07:04 PM
Dang Chappy! I didnt have time to run out today. Had to help my dad reinstall all the wood floor in the basement. Damn water damage. Im gonna go to the Jeep dealer tomorrow to see about any type of work.
Chap- Did you have prior experience with sales?

LWM
09-13-2011, 09:13 PM
Been real busy this past week. Had to preach at church, go to a NFL football game, build my new business, go to Louisiana for a prisoner and take time for family.

cico7
09-14-2011, 06:30 AM
what is your new business??

Me, i am asking questions.....

Chapman89
09-14-2011, 06:44 AM
Dang Chappy! I didnt have time to run out today. Had to help my dad reinstall all the wood floor in the basement. Damn water damage. Im gonna go to the Jeep dealer tomorrow to see about any type of work.
Chap- Did you have prior experience with sales?

I didn't have any "professional" sales experience prior to this job. It was more of the fact I had a college degree and the Subaru dealerships prefer that or so it seems. While I was in high school and college I flipped cars for cash. Particularly Acura Legends, I know those things inside and out.

I never thought I'd end up selling cars out of school but a job is a job. The only reason I took this job is because of base pay w/ commission. 99% of most car salesman work on 100% commission. I didn't want to take that risk however it's very rewarding if you do well. There are a couple guys that work for Ford (same owner) and make well over $100k per year.

I'd rather have a steady pay check myself and enjoy the commission and bonus system I work on.

sean112280
09-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Congrats Chapman! You have some good things going on!

cico7
09-14-2011, 07:29 PM
i amm 100% commission and it can be scary. but also rewarding. i have a problem with authority, I dont believe in it.
power is invested in people that have no idea what they are doing...

CmmdrDan
09-14-2011, 07:43 PM
I went into the jeep dealer today. Filled out an application. Hopefully Ill get a call.

Chapman89
09-14-2011, 08:41 PM
I went into the jeep dealer today. Filled out an application. Hopefully Ill get a call.

Good luck bud!

Holaday07 4.7
09-15-2011, 04:17 AM

Hope you get the call man

ScorpionCrawler
09-15-2011, 04:20 AM
Good Luck, Hope you land at Jeep!

Matt
09-15-2011, 04:33 AM
Awesome Dan! Fingers crossed for ya

CmmdrDan
09-15-2011, 05:03 AM
Thanks Guys. Hopefully something there is works for me. It would be pretty awesome to be around jeeps all day.

NeilSmith
09-15-2011, 06:49 AM
I too am 100% commission. It can be very rewarding. For someone who does not have a college degree I think I do just fine. A base salary plus commission would be cool though, especially when/if things slow down.

IamJEEP
09-15-2011, 09:48 AM
Good luck Dan......Congrats Chap........

I've been working and saving up for a house. Going to try and get approval for a loan next month and see what happens. I've been hitting the range here and there working on the fundamentals. Just picked up a Ruger SR9c and will be shooting it this weekend. Have not done anything to the XK but drive it. I have an XK project in the works but lost my motivation for it so its on the back burner.

IamJEEP
09-15-2011, 09:51 AM
In the last 7 days I've been to the range 3 times. Shot about 300 rounds. Going again tomorrow, Thursday and Friday. Taking a first timer each day. Until the past month I bet I haven't shot a pistol more than once a year and now I can't get enough. Weird.

The other day I was in the stall next to last season's winner. He was telling me they are taking sign ups for the new league. The range is having a 12 week league and has 100+ shooters signed up. I'm in. The first 4 weeks are qualifying and they broken down into divisions for either centerfire or rimfire. I asked if I can shoot in both and they said no. I just can't see why not, but they are the owners.

Bro, post uo on the "Range Report" thread and open up a "Gun Locker". C'on slacker! Lol.....

pjmjr508
09-15-2011, 02:33 PM

Wish you the best of luck sir

CmmdrDan
09-17-2011, 09:59 AM
Just got a call from Target. Have an interview for their over night stock on friday the 23rd at 12:30!

LWM
09-17-2011, 11:24 AM
Just got a call from Target. Have an interview for their over night stock on friday the 23rd at 12:30!

Good luck, that could lead to a great job.

IamJEEP
09-17-2011, 12:44 PM
Good luck Dan, keep your head up!

cico7
09-18-2011, 04:32 PM
good luck Dan.

went camping this weekend. Was going to the range but it was full. Darned nice weather.
Check this out!

And this one

pjmjr508
09-18-2011, 08:19 PM

Best of luck sir