PDA

View Full Version : Cookies

cico7
09-14-2011, 06:28 AM
When i exit the forum, I am signed out and have to re enter my information every time I log in.

That happens only on this forum. I am using W7 with IE9

I can not find a setting on the forum that logs me out nor was I able to find one in the IE tools.

Suggestions? Sal, you messing with me now????

Sal-XK
09-14-2011, 07:08 AM
Make sure you have the remember me box checked next to your log in boxes. That's the only setting for the forum if that's checked then your browser is blocking the cookie from this site for some reason. You can try it in another browser to be sure like Chrome which is way better the IE anyway.

LWM
09-14-2011, 07:29 AM
If you are having a problem it is within your browser software, not the forum. the "remember me" is the only setting you should need on the forum side of it.

cico7
09-14-2011, 08:08 AM
Make sure you have the remember me box checked next to your log in boxes. That's the only setting for the forum if that's checked then your browser is blocking the cookie from this site for some reason. You can try it in another browser to be sure like Chrome which is way better the IE anyway.EXIT

cico7
09-14-2011, 08:09 AM
If you are having a problem it is within your browser software, not the forum. the "remember me" is the only setting you should need on the forum side of it.
I do. I did. Dont work. I don't have my cookies blocked. I even reduced the security level. I think it has to do with a MS update. It has happened before.

cico7
09-14-2011, 08:19 AM
And it only happens on the site!

Matt
09-14-2011, 08:27 AM
Did this just start with the name change? If so... update your bookmarks so you come directly to theultimatejeep instead of xk-forum. Maybe the redirect is messing with the cookies...

ScorpionCrawler
09-14-2011, 08:32 AM
The last few days my virus software has blocked a threat, exploit best, while I am on this site.
When I exit the site and return I have to log in again, thinking my virus protection is protecting log in info.
I haven't had the block occur while on any other sites.
Not sure if it is realted but sounding similiar.

cico7
09-14-2011, 09:35 AM
Did this just start with the name change? If so... update your bookmarks so you come directly to theultimatejeep instead of xk-forum. Maybe the redirect is messing with the cookies...
I changed the webaddress on favorites....i think it works!

Sal-XK
09-14-2011, 09:41 AM
MS does what ever they want and stomps on anyone and anything in there path they always been like that. I keep IE installed because as you said some work sites require it. But everything else I use chrome it's clean and so far the fastes browser I have used.

Tymac
09-14-2011, 10:15 AM
I changed the webaddress on favorites....i think it works!

That's what I have to do after I clear my cookies and cache.

sean112280
09-14-2011, 01:44 PM
Make sure you have the remember me box checked next to your log in boxes. That's the only setting for the forum if that's checked then your browser is blocking the cookie from this site for some reason. You can try it in another browser to be sure like Chrome which is way better the IE anyway.

I use chrome as well and dont have any issues when I check the "remember me"