PDA

View Full Version : Lift Laws By State

AJeepZJ
09-15-2011, 03:37 PM
I thought this would be a useful link for those who are undertaking serious serious trail rig projects.

http://www.liftlaws.com/

Feel free to discuss! lol I for one am very happy to live in NC, lol.

superacerc
09-16-2011, 08:28 AM
I've noticed that lift companies are now making bumper drop down kits so you can keep stock bumper heights. I guess it's in response to lift laws.

CmmdrDan
09-16-2011, 09:17 AM
Maryland isn't bad. Just cant have the bumper higher than 20 inches. Nothing for me to worry about.

Holaday07 4.7
09-16-2011, 09:39 AM
Missouri is easy. My buddy DDs his 2500 chevy with a SAS and 44 inch boggers. The only thing they mess with you about is the damn window tint

EvilJager
09-16-2011, 09:39 AM
I think its mord per cop then state. If they dont like your rig they will find something wrong with it.

Sal-XK
09-16-2011, 05:40 PM
I'm also glad I live in NC no fender laws lift or bumper laws no door laws you don't even need a windshield here. Cops here seem pretty cool I don't know anyone that has been hassled for anything on there Jeeps some guys have some Jeeps you would get arrested for driving in Illinois that's for sure.

AJeepZJ
09-17-2011, 09:05 AM
^ Only dumb code I don't like about NC's law are the lights.. Which at one point I was breaking this code for a long time, and I intend to break again (I like light). But I'm assuming your not allowed to have more than one pair on. I had two pair on the WK for a while. Didn't use either unless I was off road. Though I did use westin-installed fog lights during dense fog or dense rain.

Sal-XK
09-17-2011, 09:07 PM
Your allowed to have I 4 lights on at once. So running your driving lights and a set of off road lights your good. I've run using my overhead on when I had them installed once or twice and no issues. I know in IL not only can you not use your off road lights period on the road you need to have the covers on while driving on the roads LOL

lekmedm
09-24-2011, 09:53 AM
That's a great site!

For all bros in New Jersey, wheel spacers are prohibited!

:cool: