PDA

View Full Version : How the Nissan dealer screwed us over.

NeilSmith
09-15-2011, 05:26 PM
We bought our Altima new from Victory Nissan in Richmond. They have what they call " Victory For Life ". This is a small service plan offered through the dealership which gives free oil changes and state inspections for the life of the vehicle. Well, now they sold the dealership and it is now Sheehy Nissan of Richmond. My wife goes in for 30K service and finds out that they will no longer honor the Victory For Life plan yet you can purchase the same plan from them for $800. Screw that. I called Nissan just to file a complaint against the dealer knowing that since it wasnt a Nissan offered plan that the chances of Nissan doing anything about it slim to none. Next Im calling Victory Auto Group, based in Tennessee, to give them a piece of my mind. Its really not a lot of money , more a principal thing and just bad business.

IamJEEP
09-15-2011, 05:30 PM
That's not cool. Is it a form of a "contract"? 'Cause if it is, they have to honor it.

NeilSmith
09-15-2011, 05:34 PM
I will have to look in the paper work to see. They have a lot of customers pissed about this one. They sold a lot of cars with this as a sales incentive.

DetroitMarauder
09-15-2011, 05:39 PM
File a complaint with your state's Attorney General. You're not the only one that was screwed. If Nissan gets enough heat from enough people they'll tell the dealership to honor it even if it wasn't their plan.

Matt
09-15-2011, 05:39 PM
Its really not a lot of money , more a principal thing and just bad business.

I hear that man... im the same way.

cico7
09-15-2011, 06:07 PM
hmmm, no the new owners dont have to do anything. They probably bought the assets, not the liabilities.
The old owners may still have some laibilities. Did you pay for this plan or was it thrown into the deal?

NeilSmith
09-15-2011, 06:21 PM
From what I can find the plan is " given " to the buyers. Of course we all know you pay for it, just not on paper. I know they probably dont have any legal requirement to honor the plan. My issue is that a dealership is an authorized representative of the auto manufacturer and in this case neither dealership is doing a good job or representing Nissan. The guy on the phone who works for Nissan Consumer Relations agreed to this point, for what its worth. Thinking about it now, whats the average cost of an oil change these days ? My wife put 30K miles on it in 1 year, having the oil changed every 3.5K miles. Thats about ten oil changes per year. Whats that , $300 to $400 per year ? Multiply that by ten years , which is about how long we keep a car. It can be some serious money in the end. The main reason we bought from a dealer in Richmond, which is an hour away, as opposed to the dealer in Charlottesville, which is 20 minutes away, is the free oil changes and inspections. My wife also works about a mile from them. I can do the oil changes myself but why should I when they will do it for free.