PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: Use OEM Parts

LWM
09-17-2011, 11:27 AM
I need a few parts for R & D for some new products, does anyone have any of their OEM skid plates that they removed and no longer need?

I would be interested in other parts too if you have something laying around that you had to replace so that I can consider wither or not those items are worth the time to R & D for future products as well.

Chapman89
09-17-2011, 11:37 AM
The only thing I have are used Sway Bar end links. I have no clue if you plan on making quick disconnects or if they are even useful.

NeilSmith
09-17-2011, 02:28 PM
An idea for ya, run by your local junk yard and talk to them. They may have some vehicles there that have certain parts that are too damaged to sell to a body shop but you may be able to use them for r@d, and you could get em cheap. For instance, they may have one thats hit in the front. They cant sell the bumper cover to a shop if it has a hole in it but that wont affect the overall shape of it.

LWM
09-17-2011, 03:19 PM
An idea for ya, run by your local junk yard and talk to them. They may have some vehicles there that have certain parts that are too damaged to sell to a body shop but you may be able to use them for r@d, and you could get em cheap. For instance, they may have one thats hit in the front. They cant sell the bumper cover to a shop if it has a hole in it but that wont affect the overall shape of it.

Good suggestion, I will start to call around and see if I have wrecked vehicles in my area.

Holaday07 4.7
09-17-2011, 05:35 PM
All I got is OEM shocks, is this worth sending you?

LWM
09-17-2011, 05:48 PM
All I got is OEM shocks, is this worth sending you?

No, thanks anyway. I have two of those already.

Sal-XK
09-17-2011, 08:53 PM
unless your making a snorkel I can't help all I have is the stock box for the 4.7L The Stock skids are so cheap you would probably be better off just ordering some.

Holaday07 4.7
09-18-2011, 06:59 AM
No, thanks anyway. I have two of those already.

Ok, sorry thats all I have. The front diff skid literally got ripped off at SMORR so if the old lady didnt toss it I could probably send whats left of it.

NeilSmith
09-18-2011, 01:16 PM
I noticed Jager posted on JF of having a bumper cover free plus shipping.

XK N00b
09-18-2011, 04:34 PM
I found this the other night while perusing for Jeep stuff... http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/pts/2562502479.html

LWM
09-18-2011, 05:00 PM
I noticed Jager posted on JF of having a bumper cover free plus shipping.

I still have my bumper cover, if I am lucky enough everyone will have an old bumper cover in their shed and one of my bumpers on the vehicle.

Holaday07 4.7
09-18-2011, 05:47 PM
When do we get the first look at the new products?

LWM
09-18-2011, 06:03 PM
When do we get the first look at the new products?

We will start production the first week of October, we are starting with all the skid plates and rock sliders and will follow with the front bumper within 30 day if all goes well.

LWM
09-18-2011, 09:09 PM
One part I really need is a OEM fuel tank skid plate, if anyone has purchased the new one I would love to get your old one.

Aggie07
09-19-2011, 10:46 AM
One part I really need is a OEM fuel tank skid plate, if anyone has purchased the new one I would love to get your old one.

I still have the OEM fuel tank skid from when I upgraded to the reinforced skid plate. You are more than welcome to have it, but may be expensive to ship from Houston.

LWM
09-19-2011, 11:11 AM
I still have the OEM fuel tank skid from when I upgraded to the reinforced skid plate. You are more than welcome to have it, but may be expensive to ship from Houston.

Thanks, hold on to it for a little while and lets see if anyone closer ends up with one, I am willing to pay the shipping either way.

Aggie07
09-19-2011, 11:13 AM
Thanks, hold on to it for a little while and lets see if anyone closer ends up with one, I am willing to pay the shipping either way.

No problem! Just let me know if you end up needing it.

EvilJager
09-20-2011, 09:38 AM
Ok i put 2&2 together (steel armadillo)
I had a bumper cover a wile back but tossed it cause i moved and noone wanted it. I have the front debris sheild and the actual skid as well. But for as much as shipping costs it might be easier to pay the $50 from the dealer.

LWM
09-20-2011, 09:48 AM
I should have been more specfic in my parts request, I only need the parts that can be used to help design the replacement parts. I am good with the bumpers but coul duse the OEM fuel tank cover and parts like that because those are the parts we will be building replacments for. I have a couple of loaner vehicles lined up so I will hold off on the parts until I see what I need.

If you have a part that I have not already worked out shipping details on then just hold that for a little while longer if possible and I will know soon. Some parts are already coming and thoe are ones I need to get the ball rolling.

Then I need the test vehicles to dry fit the parts onto.

EvilJager
09-20-2011, 09:54 AM
I try to keep my spare parts incase anyone needs them anyway. So ill have mine if u need them. I might have some other stuff soon. Ill let u know

AcidCold
09-21-2011, 10:54 PM
I have a lower control arm, the other one is spoken for.