PDA

View Full Version : WX and XK forum

AJeepZJ
09-17-2011, 08:08 PM
Is it a horrible idea if we just merge these two sub-forums? Whats relevant to one is, in more cases than not, relevant to the other.

LWM
09-17-2011, 08:18 PM
Is it a horrible idea if we just merge these two sub-forums? Whats relevant to one is, in more cases than not, relevant to the other.

I am open to anything that makes this a better forum, can anyone think of any reason why they should remain separated?

Sal-XK
09-17-2011, 08:49 PM
I thought the original idea was they were suppose to be one forum. I don't see why there separated myself as AJ said whats relevant to one is relevant to us all. I vote to just merge the two or what ever needs to be done.

LWM
09-17-2011, 09:47 PM
Situation taken care of, it is now one thread. Previous threads moved to appropriate sections.

Matt
09-17-2011, 09:50 PM
I was going to add, that i agree they should be merged.

The ONLY thing that's different is exterior/interior accessories... and even those are similar enough.

XK N00b
10-05-2011, 12:58 PM
Are we opening the door to WK owners as they share the same platform as the XK? or are we looking to broaden the scope of members coming into the forum? Why not also include the other red-headed stepchild of Jeep 4x4 join as well and invite the KK owners in? It seems to me there is a cult following with them as well as us. It is another mall crawler with a percentage that will take it out and play in the mud. Just a thought

Matt
10-05-2011, 01:10 PM
I think the KKs are pretty well covered at LOST. We do have a Liberty subforum here so members are welcome to join..... but I think we're better off staying mainly a XK/WK forum; otherwise before we know it, we'll ne watered down and the XK/WK threads will be pushed to the back.

The reason we combined the WKs isn't just because they didn't have any "home" forums, but also because they're basically identical to the XK except for body shape.... so it just made sense because we can all share the same forum.

Matt
10-05-2011, 01:17 PM
here's where we address other platforms: www.theultimatejeep.com/forumdisplay.php/38-My-Other-Jeep

....its kind of like how we're handled at jeepforum, all posts in one place.

if you have KK friends that's like to join in on our off-road runs, etc, have them sign up! but as far as tech articles, how-to, etc..... they're better off at a more specific forum like LOST.

Sal-XK
10-05-2011, 05:41 PM
I think the KKs are pretty well covered at LOST. We do have a Liberty subforum here so members are welcome to join..... but I think we're better off staying mainly a XK/WK forum; otherwise before we know it, we'll ne watered down and the XK/WK threads will be pushed to the back.

The reason we combined the WKs isn't just because they didn't have any "home" forums, but also because they're basically identical to the XK except for body shape.... so it just made sense because we can all share the same forum.

I agree we have so much in common with the WK's it just made sense to join forces. The other platforms don't really share anything with us beside the Jeep life style.