PDA

View Full Version : Talk Like a Pirate Day

LWM
09-19-2011, 09:51 AM
Avast, me hearties!

Welcome to the one and only, official, accept-no-substitutes Talk Like A Pirate Day Web site. (http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html)

In the nine years since Dave Barry mentioned us in his nationally syndicated newspaper column, what once was a goofy idea celebrated by a handful of friends has turned into an international phenomenon that shows no sign of letting up. Maybe you read about us on line.. Maybe you caught one of our radio or TV interviews. Or maybe you just stumbled on to our site while googling around for sites your mother probably wouldn't approve of. Or perhaps you're one of the millions of people from South Africa to the South Pole, from New York to the Pacific Northwest, who've made it your own personal excuse to party like pirates every September 19th (and sometimes for days before and after)!

However you got here, stick around an' learn all about September 19 - International Talk Like A Pirate Day!

Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011
What's new?
Happy Talk Like A Pirate Day! September 19th falls on a Monday this year, which gives folks who like to party in the workplace and at school a chance to have some fun - and the rest of us had the weekend to warm up. And by all accounts, warm up ye did!

Tymac
09-19-2011, 10:12 AM
We be havin' some fun wit this o'r at islandpirates.com today ye bilge rats!

sean112280
09-19-2011, 10:30 AM
arrrr thats pretty neat!

Holaday07 4.7
09-19-2011, 10:32 AM
Hahah I did Pirate Fest all weekend too!

AJeepZJ
09-19-2011, 10:41 AM
A'HOY MATEYS!!! Ye scurvy dogs ought t'know speakin' like a pirate be easy t'me!

ECU - Home of the Pirates!!!! Arrghhh!!!

CmmdrDan
09-19-2011, 11:10 AM
Change ye Farcebook speakin's to english Pirate. Ye be ready fer some hearrty laughs.