PDA

View Full Version : What Is your Stock Ride Height?

ErtsRide1
09-21-2011, 06:42 PM
1st post WOOHOO!!!

I just bought my '06 Commander 4.7L w/ 89K miles
I think it needs shocks, struts, and coils

I need your help.

Please get the distance from the ground to the bottom of the fender all the way around your vehicle...

https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png

and if applicable please get the distance from the bottom of the bumpstop in front strut to the top of the strut body

https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png

don't bash my badass "paint" drawings

when you submit your reply please tell me v8 or v6, year, and mileage

When I hit a bump under no load it bounces more than 3 times before it settles down(front and rear)

Under load it drives fine...nothing too noticeable...

So I know it needs shocks and struts for sure, but if they are gonna be under there working on it, they might as well replace coils too if it's saggin...

My measurements:
31 3/4 frt lft
31 3/4 frt rht
33 1/2 rr lft
33 3/4 rr rht

strut measurements
frt lft 1/2
frt rht 3/4

If my jeep sits lower than yours I believe I have a pretty valid warranty claim...

Thanks, hope to read your results...
Garrett

Matt
09-21-2011, 06:52 PM
Hey! Welcome aboard.

My stock ride heights:
32.25 Front
33.25 Rear

5.7L V8, 2007, 24k miles

Shocks/springs/etc are wear items. With 5 years and almost 90k miles, i doubt these items will be replaced under warranty.

If i were you, use this as a PRIME opportunity to get the OME HD springs/shocks/struts all around. You'll get a few inches of lift and a refreshed suspension.... plus with 90k miles im sure you're not far from needing tires... so throw some bigger rubber under there and you're set! :)

ErtsRide1
09-21-2011, 06:58 PM
When I purchased it, they offered me a 30 day 3000 mile all parts and labor warranty...

I know thats what I SHOULD do...but my wallet says different...
all new parts from local parts store are way over OME complete kit price...so if Im gonna buy it, it will get a lift...

tires prolly got 10-15k left but they really need to be bigger and more aggressive...

all in good time my friend...

Sal-XK
09-21-2011, 07:28 PM
Welcome aboard man glad you decided to post. Your stuff is worn out for sure mine would bounce the 3 times as well in the rear so I upgraded to the monroe shocks check this thread out its a cheaper option http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showthread.php/697-Installed-Monroe-Load-Leveling-Shocks-on-Rear?highlight=monroe+shocks as far as stock ride height I have no idea but you can look up the stock specs on the internet for sure no problem. Good luck post some pics man so we can drool on your jeep.

Sal-XK
09-21-2011, 07:40 PM
I threw a couple of stock specifications up in the tech area look here http://www.theultimatejeep.com/forumdisplay.php/56-Tech-Articles-Staging-Area

AJeepZJ
09-22-2011, 03:17 PM
:( I've never owned a stock vehicle long enough to remember to record these things.

Budasac
09-22-2011, 03:33 PM
Please get the distance from the ground to the bottom of the fender all the way around your vehicle...

Just a note, you should really take your measurements from the fender to the center of the hub. Different size tires, or even worn tires, will skew your comparisons.

ErtsRide1
09-22-2011, 04:42 PM
Just a note, you should really take your measurements from the fender to the center of the hub. Different size tires, or even worn tires, will skew you comparisons.

roger that

Holaday07 4.7
09-22-2011, 05:35 PM
mine did the three bounce + on the highway especially. Struts are new, and once I replaced the rear shocks it was all good. No idea on stock ride height, sorry man

ErtsRide1
09-23-2011, 02:59 PM
ok so I dropped it off this morning with a full list of what was wrong and why I thought it was wrong...
1. suspension
2. drivers inner door handle
3. exhaust leak
4. brakes

they called me back at 3:30 stating nothing with the suspension was incorrect... They told me bc it was a truck its gonna bounce more than a car...

they fixed a seal around the rear door and said nothing about the other issues I had...

I am on my way now to talk to them

Matt
09-23-2011, 05:03 PM
The stock suspension on the XK is very soft. Unless you see oil leaking from the shocks/struts indicating that the seals have blown, thats just the way it rides.

what issue are you having with the brakes?

ErtsRide1
09-23-2011, 07:42 PM
the rotors are warped and they are starting to hiss a lil bit...

the inner door handle is not sold seperately only avail as a complete inner door panel...$615

waiting to see if warranty covers it... supposedly they are getting a bunch of info monday from warranty company

Sal-XK
09-23-2011, 08:15 PM
You can fix the door handle I believe there is a thread on how to do it. Let me know if you can't find it I might have seen it on another forum and I'll look for it if you can't find it here.

CmmdrDan
09-24-2011, 06:31 AM
Was the door handle broken when purchased? I wouldn't have left the dealer without and I.O.U for the parts and labor. Thats what I had to do to get a second key made for mine. Cost them almost 250 bucks to have a key made for me. For future reference, don't leave that lot with a car that has something broken they you can possibly have them fix. They are gonna come back and say it isn't covered.