PDA

View Full Version : Front wheel squeal and slight tire hop

wookie
09-21-2011, 07:03 PM
Had this happen a couple times when steering wheel was turned hard over (maxed). There was a bit of a squeal and tire hop in the front end. Almost like wheel hop when front diff is locked when driving on pavement but not as severe. Has anyone else experienced this with their Jeep or should I take a closer look at my front end.

Sal-XK
09-21-2011, 07:18 PM
That happens to me as well I consider it normal for a AWD setting. The squeal would happen on certain surfaces for sure like black top parking lots.

wookie
09-21-2011, 07:35 PM
As long as its a normal thing I wont worry about it too much. I just dont recall it ever happening to my 06.

Matt
09-21-2011, 07:36 PM
Its more than likely normal. If your vehicle was older or you modified it at all, then the alignment would be in question. But being newer and stock, that's probably not it...

wookie
09-21-2011, 07:49 PM
It did take a s*it kicking in the spring with an accident so it is possible the alignment is slightly off. It did pass a safety inspection but I doubt they checked the alignment.

Sal-XK
09-21-2011, 07:51 PM
No they don't check that on the safety inspection. The front end acts like any other 4x4 I've driven in 4HI so I never paid any attention to it.