PDA

View Full Version : WK - Any Advice Before Trying To Install Leveling Kit?

ItsMeKO3
09-22-2011, 10:28 AM
Got my 1/2in leveling kit from JBA in the mail yesterday. Planning on installing it Sat with one of the techs from my bro in laws shop. Talked to Meep from JF a bit who had also done this. Just looking for any insight or advice. I've never done any suspension work myself. The tech (Dave) says it shouldn't be to hard. Thanks guys.

ItsMeKO3
09-22-2011, 10:30 AM
^^^ Realized this probably should have gone in the suspension thread. Mods feel free to move if necessary.

Matt
09-22-2011, 10:40 AM
shouldn't be too hard to install. remove the sway bar bolts (trust me, you wont save any time by leaving them connected). if the front doesn't drop down enough (which it should for those small spacers) removing the axle nut helps drop it down some more.

Holaday07 4.7
09-22-2011, 11:18 AM
I had to remove the bottom strut fork bolt? I took it appart once and then asked, much better idea on asking first! Dissasembling it the second time was a pita and I almost said F it and sold the spacers.

Matt
09-22-2011, 11:29 AM
you installed it in addition to the 2" daystar lift though, right? on a stock vehicle you should be able to slip them right in there.

I'll know for sure tomorrow since ill be putting mine on in addition to my RC spacers (to correct sag due to added weight). if I remember correctly from when I installed my RC lift, I should be able to slip them in there without removing the lower fork bolt (but the axle nut needs to be removed)

Holaday07 4.7
09-22-2011, 12:33 PM
you installed it in addition to the 2" daystar lift though, right? on a stock vehicle you should be able to slip them right in there.

I'll know for sure tomorrow since ill be putting mine on in addition to my RC spacers (to correct sag due to added weight). if I remember correctly from when I installed my RC lift, I should be able to slip them in there without removing the lower fork bolt (but the axle nut needs to be removed)

Good call, I did not think about that.

ItsMeKO3
09-22-2011, 12:50 PM
Alright thanks guys. Hopefully Dave the tech will know a lot more about it than I do lol. :p

CmmdrDan
09-22-2011, 12:57 PM
Really shouldn't be bad at all. Like Matt said just get that hub to drop as far as you can. Should be able to slide it right in.

Matt
09-22-2011, 01:01 PM
if you're having a tech help, you have nothing to worry about. hell, I'm doing mine tomorrow "just for fun" because I don't know when my OME springs are coming in. Its really not hard to do if you know your way around the suspension parts.

CmmdrDan
09-22-2011, 01:04 PM
if you're having a tech help, you have nothing to worry about. hell, I'm doing mine tomorrow "just for fun" because I don't know when my OME springs are coming in. Its really not hard to do if you know your way around the suspension parts.

Are you gonna leave those in with the OME struts?
If not can I have dibs on them?

Matt
09-22-2011, 01:09 PM
Are you gonna leave those in with the OME struts?
If not can I have dibs on them?

depends on what my ride height and travel is with the OME. ill let ya know though.

CmmdrDan
09-22-2011, 01:13 PM
Ok hopefully I have a job by the time you have all that stuff and come to white marsh. Interview tomorrow!

Sal-XK
09-22-2011, 04:59 PM
I would soak the strut fork in some penetrating lube just in case you end up needing to remove it, it can't hurt right.

Matt
09-22-2011, 05:01 PM
Ok hopefully I have a job by the time you have all that stuff and come to white marsh. Interview tomorrow!

I'm not sure if i'll have my OME installed by then. I didn't realize one of the disadvantages of ordering through the guy on JF was the lack of a tracking #. So I wont even know if the parts shipped, let alone when they'll arrive.

Good luck with the interview though!

Holaday07 4.7
09-22-2011, 05:05 PM

@ the Jeep Dealer?