PDA

View Full Version : Autoblog (5 Years old)

AJeepZJ
09-25-2011, 09:26 AM
http://www.autoblog.com/2006/11/23/family-resemblance-jeep-concepts-and-the-grand-cherokee/

Did anyone read this blog when It came out several years ago. It compares the concept Commander against the released WK series. And then production actually started on a Commander. But they really don't look too much alike. One of my main questions for you XK folks is... Would you have bought the XK if it looked like this concept 5 years ago?

Matt
09-25-2011, 09:31 AM
I would NOT have bought this:

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/09/jeep_fam_03-1.jpg

With that said... in all honesty I was not (and still am not) very fond of the XK in stock form. Just like the Discovery, it looks like a baseball cap with wheels.... However, throw a 2-3" lift on it, widen the stance and some more aggressive tires and it COMPLETELY changes to a very rugged/nice looking vehicle; probably has something to do with proportions...

Stock vs. Stock... I'd take a WK...

Sal-XK
09-25-2011, 09:35 AM
No I would not purchase that at all. The stock XK is OK I like the stock XK over stock WK though. Both Jeeps look tons better with just a little work I think the XK improves more with less work.

LWM
09-25-2011, 12:53 PM
I would not have purchased the concept vehicle either, I stock Commander is okay. I really was on the leading edge of Commander modifications so there was nothing to compare too, now I think stock is a little boring.

CmmdrDan
09-25-2011, 02:46 PM
I drove past a Stock XK today. Lets just say I need to get a few Stickers on it for that poor guy to get some help. He was showing all kinds of Commander Envy when I went by. Jon when I get my first paycheck expect a lifetime membership from me!

LWM
09-25-2011, 04:46 PM
Jon when I get my first paycheck expect a lifetime membership from me!

I look forward to the support, but make sure all is good at home first, we are not going away.

AJeepZJ
09-25-2011, 05:23 PM
I look forward to the support, but make sure all is good at home first, we are not going away.

And ur godfather??? - all those commodities will have to wait!

CmmdrDan
09-25-2011, 05:37 PM
You shut it sir.

AJeepZJ
09-25-2011, 05:39 PM
You shut it sir.

I'm just look out for the best interest of our... YOUR Godson! :)

CmmdrDan
09-25-2011, 05:52 PM
Don't worry about that. He will be well taken car of. He will have plenty of room to stretch his legs in the back of the XK!

AJeepZJ
09-25-2011, 07:18 PM
That's probably as much as he'll do till ya put some gas in it, hahaha!!!

CmmdrDan
09-25-2011, 07:21 PM
That's probably as much as he'll do till ya put some gas in it, hahaha!!!

I filled her up 2 days ago. And I am already at half a tank. I plan on changing the oil tomorrow. May even tackle the t-case. Found 100 bucks cash in my room today while cleaning! WOOT

Sal-XK
09-25-2011, 08:07 PM
I've flying threw the fuel myself last two weeks. I filled last night and I just filled up on Wednesday and the Sunday before so like every there days I'm filling up at $60 a pop :) if I could just reach the EPA numbers that were on the sticker I'd be happy with that. Maybe someone should do one of those weird conversions things you allays read about like running of off water or something. Someone needs to go here for all of us. On a side note typing while the words are waving around is interesting,

CmmdrDan
09-25-2011, 08:10 PM
I've flying threw the fuel myself last two weeks. I filled last night and I just filled up on Wednesday and the Sunday before so like every there days I'm filling up at $60 a pop :) if I could just reach the EPA numbers that were on the sticker I'd be happy with that. Maybe someone should do one of those weird conversions things you allays read about like running of off water or something. Someone needs to go here for all of us. On a side note typing while the words are waving around is interesting,

Im surprised you dont have a tuner. You could get those numbers with one.

Sal-XK
09-25-2011, 08:23 PM
I've heard mixed reviews about it on or our platforms. I talked to the wife about it and she said if it can save you gas money then look into it. If I can get a 5mpg gain from there tune then I would get one. I pm a guy on JC but he neve replide to me so whatever i guess. I need to find one used at a good price,

hoaxci5
09-25-2011, 08:34 PM
I saw zero MPG increase from my flashpaq. It's nicer to drive, but not worth it if you are only trying to get better mpgs.

And as far as the original topic, I tend to be a function over form guy, so as long as it met my requirements at the time it really wouldn't matter what it looked like (unless it was truly butt ugly which I don't think the concept was)

AJeepZJ
09-26-2011, 07:10 AM
Sal - I STILL have gas in the ZJ from my trip to ur town 3 weeks ago, lol. And I still have gas in the WK from 2 weeks ago. I cannot complain... even though both of them now have less than 30 miles to fill up - Id say I've done pretty good.

*on a side note* I do bike to a lot of my destinations. I probably bike half of the miles I travel every week. it's probably about 35-50 miles a week.

Sal-XK
09-26-2011, 06:11 PM
LMAO I feel like I'm feeling up the XK every other day.

Matt
09-26-2011, 06:16 PM

Dude, Sal, we know you love your XK and all.... but we didn't know you LoooOOoooVVVEeee your XK https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png

Sal-XK
09-26-2011, 06:37 PM
Dude, Sal, we know you love your XK and all.... but we didn't know you LoooOOoooVVVEeee your XK https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png

Even though it was a typo it's a true statement LOL the wife cought me hugging the XK a fee times LMAO

Matt
09-26-2011, 06:40 PM
https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png

AJeepZJ
09-27-2011, 04:34 AM

oh my... It's ok though. I hug my girls every week too. They ARE daddy's little girls after all.

pjmjr508
10-01-2011, 02:47 PM
You guys are nuts lol
Since my infiniti was totaled the XK because the daily driver for my wife and she has to go to work & also take me & pick me from work along with taking lil man to and from day care. so safe to say 50 to 60 miles daily @ 10.2 mile per on Super I'm filling this beast up ALL the time.

Once I get my medical payout I can replace the inifiniti so I can have the XK back and back to 4 mile round trip for me :)