PDA

View Full Version : Steel Armadillo Logo

LWM
10-05-2011, 04:26 PM
I would like to ask your opinion, below are three ideas for a logo...

Please let me know in the above poll which one you prefer, Thanks!

# 1

https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png

# 2

# 3

# 4

I don't like any of them (but I am an artist and will design one for you :) )

Matt
10-05-2011, 04:35 PM
#3's letters with #2's Armadillo

Sal-XK
10-05-2011, 05:06 PM

I agree, I choose number two because I like the armadillo in that one better.

LWM
10-05-2011, 05:07 PM

The font is the same, do you mean darkened in or do you mean curved?

On a white window decal everything will be white.

Matt
10-05-2011, 05:08 PM
The font is the same, do you mean darkened in or do you mean curved?

On a white window decal everything will be white.

To be more clear:

Replace the Armadillo in #3 with the Armadillo from #2, and then you have a winner :cool:

Sal-XK
10-05-2011, 05:14 PM
The armadillo in 2 looks more like it has armor bolted to it so that makes it look cool IMO. Make those circles look more like bolts or the allen heads that are in the dash boards and wheel flares on the jeeps.

HueyPilotVN
10-05-2011, 06:50 PM
I agree with number 2. It looks like a steel armored armidillo

CmmdrDan
10-05-2011, 06:54 PM
I agree with Matt. Number 2's Armadillo and Number 3's place.

LWM
10-05-2011, 07:19 PM
I am not too good at it but if someone wants to try a Photoshop as suggested above you have my permission.

hoaxci5
10-05-2011, 08:09 PM
Rough and dirty.

pjmjr508
10-06-2011, 04:53 AM
Rough and dirty.

I like this one

sean112280
10-06-2011, 05:11 AM
I like the idea and the lettering, but i think the armadillo needs to be more aggresive. I like the armor on it but it needs an attitude. My .02

El Cid
10-07-2011, 11:12 AM
Ideally you would have something that you can laser-cut. None of these will work for that. Just a thought.

LWM
10-07-2011, 12:53 PM
Ideally you would have something that you can laser-cut. None of these will work for that. Just a thought.

I agree with that, I was thinking of something for a business card and window decal. I am considering a metal tag to be attached to the actual product as well.

AJeepZJ
10-07-2011, 02:22 PM
I liked 1. So i voted one... But after I saw everyone voted 2... I can totally see why.. I like them both though.

LWM
10-07-2011, 02:36 PM
I liked 1. So i voted one... But after I saw everyone voted 2... I can totally see why.. I like them both though.

I liked #1 too, that is why I included it. My wife did them all with a little direction but narrowing down just one is not an easy task.

And as El Cid pointed out, none of them can be laser cut into the finished product so I still have to come up with a way to identify my products form other products.

ScorpionCrawler
10-07-2011, 02:51 PM
I like 2, the bolt on armor looks cool and a non verbal identification/ approach to your product line. Sal had a great idea with the bolt heads or allen heads.

AJeepZJ
10-07-2011, 04:00 PM
I liked #1 too, that is why I included it. My wife did them all with a little direction but narrowing down just one is not an easy task.

And as El Cid pointed out, none of them can be laser cut into the finished product so I still have to come up with a way to identify my products form other products.

why?

You could be more simplistic in terms of your engraving.... You can just cut or engrave 'S.A.' into them. and you can use the above designs for a vehicular decal.

my 2 cents.

LWM
10-07-2011, 04:55 PM
Make those circles look more like bolts

Sal had a great idea with the bolt heads or allen heads.

Working on the change now, the bolt heads will look better than the rivets I originally had.

LWM
10-07-2011, 04:56 PM
You can just cut or engrave 'S.A.' into them. and you can use the above designs for a vehicular decal.

I thought about SA4X or SA4X4, thoughts?

AJeepZJ
10-07-2011, 06:16 PM
I thought about SA4X or SA4X4, thoughts?

:)

El Cid
10-08-2011, 01:58 PM
AJeepZJ: To get the laser to cut something out with such fine features would be very time-consuming and thus cost-inducing. Time is literally money on the beam, and you would have to run it very slow in order to avoid blow-out on some of those thin pieces. Costs would soar or the parts would look terrible. And even if you did manage to get them cut reasonably, all of those little nooks and crannies would begin the rust-pop of the powdercoat in very short order.

As for "SA4x" and "SA4x4": I think you'd be well-served by avoiding anything that looks "copycat" of "4xGuard." We've already seen "Saguaro 4xComponents" (S4xC) and "Asfir4x4" follow 4xG into this market. Dare to be different, I say. Besides, "SA4x" doesn't mean anything. :)

For whatever my advice is worth, I would highly recommend a consistency of branding across your formal logo and your product logo. The designs you have are quite clever and fancy, and they'd be good for a t-shirt or some such. I just wouldn't suggest them for the official logo.

DetroitMarauder
10-08-2011, 02:32 PM
My 2 pesos, for what its worth, is to not put any markings or the such on a visible portion of the product. That is one of my biggest problems with the 4xguard stuff. Their name or logo emblazoned on it makes me feel like I would be a mobile billboard for them. Not only am I spending a ton of money on an item but I have to look at their name every time I look at my vehicle. It goes back to that aesthetic look I like.

I would rather it be a conversation starter. "Hey man, where did you get that (insert product name here)?" "I got it at the Steel Armadillo. Here's their website, go check it out."