PDA

View Full Version : Spring seat on OME strut

Matt
10-06-2011, 04:56 PM
For you guys who have put the OME struts on... was the spring seat really tight?

My struts finally came in today. I have brand new (OEM) spring seats and went to slide one one, darn thing wouldnt go on all the way.

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/10/20111006193441-1.jpg

AJeepZJ
10-06-2011, 09:19 PM
I bet it will go all the way down when the front half of the of vehicle sits on it. I didn't get new seats though, just used OEM's. Which helped really well because I knew exactly how the coil would sit on it.

Matt
10-07-2011, 03:33 AM
the spring seats I bought are OEM, Not aftermarket.

granted I was still in work clothes so I didn't try really hard to get them on... with some silicon spray and some weight they might slide on. it just cought me off guard.

07JeepXK
10-07-2011, 04:51 AM
I just reused my old ones so I had no issues either.

AJeepZJ
10-07-2011, 07:24 AM
the spring seats I bought are OEM, Not aftermarket.

granted I was still in work clothes so I didn't try really hard to get them on... with some silicon spray and some weight they might slide on. it just cought me off guard.

I know your new ones OEM's, lol... you mentioned this in your first post. I was just saying I never replaced my original ones. But there's definitely no reason they shouldn't fit. Considering my old ones slipped onto my OME like a glove.

Matt
10-07-2011, 07:43 AM
lol got ya. thought maybe you miss read my post and thought I said OME spring seats instead of OEM.

I'm guessing its just because they're brand new and haven't stretched at all yet. if silicone doesn't work ill put the struts in the freezer for an hour to contract the metal a bit and heat up the spring seats; they'll probably slide right on then. :)

AJeepZJ
10-07-2011, 02:17 PM
oh, not at all. Np, bro! :D <-- favorite smiley

Sal-XK
10-07-2011, 11:24 PM
lol got ya. thought maybe you miss read my post and thought I said OME spring seats instead of OEM.

I'm guessing its just because they're brand new and haven't stretched at all yet. if silicone doesn't work ill put the struts in the freezer for an hour to contract the metal a bit and heat up the spring seats; they'll probably slide right on then. :)

I all ways laugh when my wife finds my jeep stuff or army stuff in here appliances :)