PDA

View Full Version : Thrush welded exhaust for 3.7L

Ross
10-09-2011, 11:13 PM
I have recently been looking into upgrading my exhaust. From what I have found, the only option for the 3.7L is really the flowmaster 44 or a gibson. I have heard of an exhaust called a "Thrush Welded exhaust". I heard a sound clip of it and it sound exactly like the flowmaster, but at 33$, is half the price. Has anyone had any experience with this muffler, and if so, what would be the proper inlet/outlet placement.
Thanks, Ross

AJeepZJ
10-10-2011, 06:33 AM
I would also be interested in some information on this.

BonesWK
10-10-2011, 08:56 AM
Ive seen a lot of people around here use thrush mufflers. I cant speak from experience, but from what I hear, they are a good quality muffler, at a good price.

cprokopf
02-23-2012, 01:44 PM
My 2006 WK 3.7 needs a new muffler ASAP. I have been looking and I guess my best bet is to take it to a muffler shop and have them install a new muffler and exhaust. I found a couple cat-back set ups ($400 not installed) but I've never installed exhaust and my welding skills are piss poor. I would appreciate your input and cost estimates depending on what option I take.

BonesWK
02-23-2012, 02:22 PM
You looking for more sound or performance or both? Or nothing new?

I would have the muffler shop just weld on a new muffler - and if you want some sound tell them and they should have something in stock that will help with that. Should be under 150 installed.

If you want more performance go the cat-back route. Not sure how much it will help you though.

cprokopf
02-23-2012, 05:19 PM
I have to get a new muffler. I would like to improve on OEM if possible. I light rumble would be nice but I shure don't want that coffee can sound. Will they require me to replace the exhaust tubing too? Let's be honest, there is only so much you can do to the 3.7.

DetroitMarauder
02-23-2012, 06:38 PM
You would need a 2.5" offset inlet/center outlet. I just got the Flowmaster Super 44 offroad. I want to find a tip before I have it installed.

AJeepZJ
02-24-2012, 07:10 AM
I have to get a new muffler. I would like to improve on OEM if possible. I light rumble would be nice but I shure don't want that coffee can sound. Will they require me to replace the exhaust tubing too? Let's be honest, there is only so much you can do to the 3.7.

In what way... The same aftermarket support exosts for the 3.7 as it does for the V8's.. you will not get it to sound like a hemi, but it will sound GOOD. Ive posted a video in my build thread of a flowmaster exhaust with CAI and a 3" resonator.... It sounds great, and ive received nothing but complimemts. Will it sound like a Hemi? NO... But the sound it willput out, will put a smile on your face. Total cost was 240 for CAI, 80$ for tip and labor, and 150 for flowmaster and labor.

cprokopf
02-24-2012, 07:11 AM
Wouldn't a muffler shop have a few tips to choose from? I'm guessing I should replace the muffler, exhaust, and tip while I'm at it.

AJeepZJ
02-24-2012, 07:15 AM
Wouldn't a muffler shop have a few tips to choose from? I'm guessing I should replace the muffler, exhaust, and tip while I'm at it.

Yes.

cprokopf
02-26-2012, 08:01 PM
I like the sound of the magnaflow muffler but I'm not sure which one to order. Anyone got any advise?