PDA

View Full Version : E-Brake

jay in nb
10-10-2011, 12:39 PM
I replaced all brake pads and rotors and also did the e-brake pads, problem is when I was adjusting the e-brake I heard a pop while pulling the e-brake, it sounded like it came from the center console, I looked under the vehicle and the cable comes out close to the rear axle so I guess i have to take the console between the drv and pass seat out, has anyone taken appart the console and or have pics on how you did it. Any help would be great seing winter is coming soon and all work is done outside.
Tks

Sal-XK
10-10-2011, 12:57 PM
The back panel pops right off but I'm not sure if you can see or get to the hand brake from back there.

07JeepXK
10-10-2011, 03:26 PM
Just a heads up...anything with the e-brake is a pain in the but on our vehicles.

AcidCold
10-12-2011, 07:21 PM
I'll be doing the E-brake this weekend (6 years old) I have a set of rotors coming in so I figured I will do a complete overhaul. Why is it a pain? Any pointers if you guys have done it? I will be getting the kit as well with all new hardware so I will have no problems down the road.

jay in nb
12-13-2011, 12:26 PM
E-Brake isnt a pain, just ensure that the pads are not tight in the rotor, when i was adjusting the e-brake the cable broke at the handle, $28 piece with 4 hrs of labour but found alot of loose change. To change the cable from the handle was a pain, took apart the center console, took out the drv seat and the rear seat center and passenger side and pulled up the carpet, almost 4 hours, cable was the only issue not the pads.

07JeepXK
12-13-2011, 02:41 PM
I wasnt refering to the rear e-brake pads being a pain to swap out. I was refering to tearing apart the center console and the 4 hour job it takes to replace broken parts.