PDA

View Full Version : place to snow tube

paroxysym
10-11-2011, 07:39 AM
so i think this winter i want to take a trip north to hit the slopes in a tube and explore the mountains. im wondering whats some good spots up north- whethere it be parts of PA, NY, hell even as far north as maybe VT? thanks for the help guys.

Matt
10-11-2011, 07:54 AM
making a post so I remember to reply later....

paroxysym
10-11-2011, 01:38 PM
ive been to wisp in western md. i also am familiar with ski liberty, roundtop, etc.. i just want to go to some place different, up in the mountains and has legit 'tubing.

sean112280
10-11-2011, 03:23 PM
Camelback in PA

Matt
10-11-2011, 05:20 PM
The further up north you go, the better it gets.

I basically grew up at Camelback (we had a condo that was right next to the Terrain Park)... that place is over crowded now and over rated. Although im not big on snow tubing (closest i get to tubing is passing by the tubing area on my way to go skiing), it does look like Camelback has some good runs.

Check out Jack Frost/ Big Boulder.

A little further North you can hit up Hunter Mtn, NY.

For the best experience, I'd go to VT... Mt.Snow is family friendly and there's lots of great places to eat and go out afterwards. Though, on that note, depending on what you're looking for you should check out the snow tubing times.... if you want to do "night tubing" you need to make sure the mtn is open later.

Holaday07 4.7
10-12-2011, 02:55 PM
There are some real good ones here in St. Louis