PDA

View Full Version : VIVID Performance Tuner

LWM
10-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Found my next toy:

VIVID Performance Tuner:

The power of Superchips and the AndroidTM operating system are now in the palm of your hands. The state-of-the-art Superchips VIVID is the first of its type to successfully integrate many of today's popular consumer electronics with a full blown performance tuning device. The key is the combination of Superchips vehicle tuning features combined with an internet tablet powered by the Android operating system, opening up a whole new world of performance and features. This is certain to be the best selling performance product of 2012!

Here are a few of the countless uses for the Superchips VIVID. Tell us how you want to use yours.

TUNING

Industry leading tuning for trucks, Jeeps and performance cars delivering maximum horsepower, torque and world class drivability for your vehicle
Tune for high performance, heavy load towing, fuel economy or off-road uses
Syncs wirelessly with your vehicle using included Bluetooth dongle
Uses Android operating systems to provide a simple yet effective user interface to make tuning a snap
50-state emissions legal

GPS CAPABLE1

No need to buy another expensive in-cabin device. Just buy a GPS antenna easily found online and GPS app for Android OS
Depending on the app, topographical maps are available for off-road uses

AUDIO EQUIPPED

Preloaded with music, video and photo applications
8GB of internal flash memory with SD card for further expansion
Share photos or video by syncing with Facebook, YouTube, Picasa or Flickr

GAUGES

Intercept PIDs on the bus and display them in real-time
Gauges provide vital information when towing, off-road or at the track
Includes several gauge sets
Monitor EGTs while towing to avoid diesel engine troubles1
Maximize track performance with real-time feedback

INCLINOMETER/G-FORCE METER

Uses on-board 3-axis accelerometer and graphics accelerator to measure pitch and roll
Establish entrance and departure points for turns
Make last minute car setup adjustments at the track
Monitor off-road driving performance

VIDEO EQUIPPED

HD camcorder records in 720p
HD video playback
Mini HDMI out for watching video on TV
2 MP digital camera
Easily sync video and pictures to popular social media sites

MAINTENANCE MINDER

No more missing important maintenance intervals
Easy to setup and use
Uses include reminders for oil changes, rotate tires and more
App automatically recognizes when a check engine light is on and provides a summary
No more unnecessary time consuming trips to the dealer

GAMING EQUIPPED

On-board graphics accelerator exploits Android OS 3D capabilities for games, animated interface and transition effects
Let kids and friends entertain themselves on long road trips
Many games utilize the 3-axis accelerometer for a more realistic game playing experience
Use the HDMI output to play the game on your TV and use the device as the steering wheel or controller

VIVID PART NUMBERS:

Ford Diesel - 518550
Ford Gas - 518650

GM Diesel - 528550
GM Gas - 528650

Dodge Diesel - 538550*
Dodge Gas - 538650*
Jeep - 538750*

http://www.superchips.com/Store/VIVID.aspx

* Available December 2011

Scott@Superchips
10-20-2011, 02:30 PM
The release of the VIVID PAQ for Jeep applications is going to be a nice little setup for those looking to get into the next step in tuning technology. I hope to have some Jeep specific screen shots I will post up here sometime in the next few weeks.

Scott

Sal-XK
10-20-2011, 04:36 PM
Keep us posted on it this sound pretty cool

LWM
10-20-2011, 04:58 PM
Keep us posted on it this sound pretty cool

Absolutely, I am hoping to carry these items in my store.

Sal-XK
11-27-2011, 08:20 AM
Any news on the release and if you're going to be selling them? I'll be looking at getting this I think when it comes out unless I blow my allowance on something else first LOL.

LWM
11-27-2011, 09:04 AM
Any news on the release and if you're going to be selling them? I'll be looking at getting this I think when it comes out unless I blow my allowance on something else first LOL.

No firm release date yet, and yes to your second question :)

Sal-XK
11-27-2011, 09:37 AM
No firm release date yet, and yes to your second question :)

Ok cool I'll keep an eye out for it. Not sure if I want this or a snorkel yet so....

LWM
11-27-2011, 02:30 PM
Ok cool I'll keep an eye out for it. Not sure if I want this or a snorkel yet so....

Well hopefully we will have both by the time you decide.

peteyturbo
11-28-2011, 04:24 PM
Any custom tuning support for these?

Scott@Superchips
01-02-2012, 09:39 AM
The VIVID PAQ for 98-2010 Jeep applications was released to our vendors last week so dealers should be starting to stock their shelves this week. The VIVID LINQ is being finalized now and should be available by February if all goes according to plan.

Yes, we currently offer custom transmission tuning options allowing you the ability to manually adjust your shift points up and down throughout the RPM range and by pedal percentage (5% up to WOT). This feature is available online and is $40.

We also offer 2 custom options for tuning your vehicles TPMS where you can lower the settings to the legal limit for street use or tune it to 0 for offroad use. Both of these features are free to download. The offroad option requires that you read and agree to an online waver detailing the offroad only usage of the option.

Scott

Any custom tuning support for these?

Sal-XK
01-02-2012, 09:58 AM
What's the difference between the two?

Scott@Superchips
01-02-2012, 01:05 PM
The VIVID PAQ includes the Archos Android device preloaded with the VIVID tuning software app and the VIVID LINQ which plugs into your vehicles data port for tuning the vehicle as it receives the bluetooth signals from the Archos device.

The VIVID LINQ feature by itself allows those who already have an Android 2.2 tablet or phone the ability to tune their vehicles by just downloading the Superchips VIVID software for free off the Android Marketplace and then pair the two together. If you already have an Android 2.2 device this is the best bang for the buck between the two.

Scott

[QUOTE=Sal-XK;24138]What's the difference between the two?[/QUOTE

Sal-XK
01-02-2012, 02:16 PM
Ok cool thanks!

Is there a list of standard features posted some where? (specific to the jeep model) I would hate to purchase this just to find out what I wanted it for requires another license to purchase.

collinsgto
01-02-2012, 03:26 PM
The release of the VIVID PAQ for Jeep applications is going to be a nice little setup for those looking to get into the next step in tuning technology. I hope to have some Jeep specific screen shots I will post up here sometime in the next few weeks.

Scott scott, is this going to include the 3.7 along with the v8's?

Scott@Superchips
01-03-2012, 07:46 AM
Our Jeep Flashpaq programmer PN. 3875 provides tuning solutions for the following Jeep models:

98-01 4.0L Grand Cherokee
98 Grand Cherokee 5.2L & 5.9L
99-04 Grand Cherokee 4.0L, 4.7L & 4.7L H.O.
05-08 Grand Cherokee 4.7L, 4.7L H.O. & 5.7L HEMI
06-08 Commander 4.7L, 4.7L H.O. & 5.7L HEMI
98-06 Wrangler TJ 4.0L
07-10 Wrangler JK 3.8L

The new VIVID PAQ Android tuning device PN. 538750 covers the same applications but starts at 2003 through 2010 due to the fact that several of the new Advanced Data Acquisition features do not receive any data from pre 2003 models.

We also offer a product called the Trail Jammer EXT for 98-06 4.0L Wrangler TJ models. This feature includes a custom cold air intakle, Throttlebody and Flashpaq programmer specifically calibrated for the combo.

The 3.7L was discussed but when market research was compiled there was not enough interest shown so that option was not offered. Hopefully in the future demand will increase to where we can revisit the option.

Scott

scott, is this going to include the 3.7 along with the v8's?

collinsgto
01-03-2012, 08:58 AM
Our Jeep Flashpaq programmer PN. 3875 provides tuning solutions for the following Jeep models:

98-01 4.0L Grand Cherokee
98 Grand Cherokee 5.2L & 5.9L
99-04 Grand Cherokee 4.0L, 4.7L & 4.7L H.O.
05-08 Grand Cherokee 4.7L, 4.7L H.O. & 5.7L HEMI
06-08 Commander 4.7L, 4.7L H.O. & 5.7L HEMI
98-06 Wrangler TJ 4.0L
07-10 Wrangler JK 3.8L

The new VIVID PAQ Android tuning device PN. 538750 covers the same applications but starts at 2003 through 2010 due to the fact that several of the new Advanced Data Acquisition features do not receive any data from pre 2003 models.

We also offer a product called the Trail Jammer EXT for 98-06 4.0L Wrangler TJ models. This feature includes a custom cold air intakle, Throttlebody and Flashpaq programmer specifically calibrated for the combo.

The 3.7L was discussed but when market research was compiled there was not enough interest shown so that option was not offered. Hopefully in the future demand will increase to where we can revisit the option.

Scott so simply put, thats a no. sucks, but i understand. thanks for the info.

Scott@Superchips
01-03-2012, 09:18 AM
No problem! I will update this thread if we do revisit the 3.7 in the future.

Scott

LWM
01-03-2012, 04:54 PM
If all goes well I will have my FlashPaq for sale soon as I intend to get my hands on a VIVID

Sal-XK
01-03-2012, 05:28 PM
If all goes well I will have my FlashPaq for sale soon as I intend to get my hands on a VIVID
I might wait for you to get it and do a review. :)

DetroitMarauder
01-03-2012, 06:51 PM

Scott

Thats funny because most of the XKs I see on the road (here anyway) are the 3.7s. Along with all the Libertys in the 3.7 too.

Sal-XK
01-03-2012, 07:35 PM
Thats funny because most of the XKs I see on the road (here anyway) are the 3.7s. Along with all the Libertys in the 3.7 too.

I know and all of them want a tuner too not sure who does there research.

LWM
02-08-2012, 05:15 PM
My VIVID is on it's way, I will have all kinds of things to say when I get my hands on it!

Sal-XK
02-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Absolutely, I am hoping to carry these items in my store.

What's the word this going to happen? If so what's the price?

stites-xk
02-08-2012, 06:07 PM
Awesome! I would not mind having that. Keep us updated

LWM
02-08-2012, 10:13 PM
What's the word this going to happen? If so what's the price?

http://www.thesteelarmadillo.com/Superchips-VIVID-Programmer-For-98-10-Jeep-Vehicles-SA-SCI53785.htm

$589.95

Sal-XK
02-09-2012, 07:17 AM
http://www.thesteelarmadillo.com/Superchips-VIVID-Programmer-For-98-10-Jeep-Vehicles-SA-SCI53785.htm

$589.95

OMG I just fell out of my chair LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LWM
02-24-2012, 11:09 AM
I took today off from my full time job to catch up on some things around the house, the new business and the forums when my peace and quite was disturbed by the doorbell. I looked out my office window to see the FedEx lady running to her van so I knew something came for someone.

To my surprise I found a box on the doorstep (okay wasn't really a surprise).

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/02/VIVID1-1.jpg

After opening the box I found my new VIVID had arrived.

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/02/VIVID3-1.jpg

And I quickly opened the box to make sure it was there :)

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/02/VIVID5-1.jpg

More to follow...

LWM
02-24-2012, 11:21 AM
What's in the box?

1) ARCHOS 4.3 Android Tablet with VIVID APP Preloaded
2) VIVID LINQ
3) USB Cables
4) ARCHOS 4.3 Windshield Mount
5) 12V Car Charger
6) 110V Wall Charger
7) LINQ Zip Tie & Velcro Packet
8) Instruction Manuals

BonesWK
02-24-2012, 11:41 AM
Wow, I love the Hi-Tech factor this thing has. But that's the inner nerd in me.

Sal-XK
02-24-2012, 12:10 PM
Ya I'm loving it as well.

Sal-XK
02-28-2012, 08:02 AM
Have a review yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brendon
03-09-2012, 08:22 PM
Will the Steel Armadillo carry the LinQ? I already have an android phone that will run the app.

LWM
03-09-2012, 09:37 PM
Will the Steel Armadillo carry the LinQ? I already have an android phone that will run the app.

Yes, we carry the full line of Superchips products. I do not see the LinQ on the parts list so I will call on Monday and confirm but I cannot see any reason that product would not be included, I know we have access to the VIVID.

Matt
03-11-2012, 07:50 AM
I don't think the LinQ is released yet... but is coming very soon. Let us know what you find out. :)