PDA

View Full Version : Plastic rocker guard removal

Holaday07 4.7
10-13-2011, 05:57 AM
I want to take these off, as they serve no real purpose besides protecting from rock chips. Has anyone used bedliner to clean up the area once it is removed. I do not like the exposed pinch weld, and was hoping to see what just a 2 inch strip of bedliner looked like. Also, for Sal, what brand did you use for the fenders and bumper?

LWM
10-13-2011, 07:03 AM
I plan on painting mine in the VERY near future as I removed the plastic to install the sliders.

BonesWK
10-13-2011, 09:05 AM
I too run without the plastic side rockers. I have yet to paint anything, but doesnt sound like a bad Idea.

I think I will just get the Spray Can bedliner, not sure what the name of it is. Also Im a little hesitant to spray all of the areas, as I dont want to mess up any holes needed to install sliders in the future

superacerc
10-13-2011, 09:29 AM
Took mine off as well. No paint though.

Holaday07 4.7
10-13-2011, 11:23 AM
We get soo much salt on the roads that I do not want the Jeep to start rotting away. Well I guess I will just wing it, and throw up some pics when I am done. As for covering any mounting holes, if that is the case I will just drill them out when the time comes.

BonesWK
10-13-2011, 11:25 AM
We get soo much salt on the roads that I do not want the Jeep to start rotting away. Well I guess I will just wing it, and throw up some pics when I am done. As for covering any mounting holes, if that is the case I will just drill them out when the time comes.

I like your style... for sure post some pics, and let us know what you used to spray.

Holaday07 4.7
10-13-2011, 12:42 PM
I like your style... for sure post some pics, and let us know what you used to spray.

Will do, whats the worse that could happen right?

Sal-XK
10-13-2011, 06:31 PM
I used a couple of different brands but over all I though the rustolem brand was the easiest to use. The other brand went twice as far but cost twice as much so it was even there but the spray was harder to control and I was a lot neater with the rustolem brand. I plan on doing mine as well but I'll be doing a lot more then just the pinch weld.

BonesWK
10-14-2011, 08:25 AM
I used a couple of different brands but over all I though the rustolem brand was the easiest to use. The other brand went twice as far but cost twice as much so it was even there but the spray was harder to control and I was a lot neater with the rustolem brand. I plan on doing mine as well but I'll be doing a lot more then just the pinch weld.

yeah I think I may do the entire side where the side guard is gone. Im thinking a couple cans should be enough for both sides

cprokopf
06-11-2012, 06:45 PM
I don't like the exposed pinch weld. Guess that means I will have to buy some sliders if I want to remove the plastic rockers.

Sal-XK
06-11-2012, 07:14 PM
I don't like the exposed pinch weld. Guess that means I will have to buy some sliders if I want to remove the plastic rockers.

All my armor has been by far the best money spent on my jeep. The SA sliders are just awesome and they look good to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk