PDA

View Full Version : TheUltimateJeep vs. The other Jeep Commander Forum

NeilSmith
10-18-2011, 06:05 PM
I have been away from the forums for a little bit, just kinda living life, nothing serious. So I check out the forum and there are 56 new posts. Wow, 3 pages of new posts. I've never seen so much traffic . Then I check out the other forum and there are only 11 new posts. We are kicking their ass and its awesome.

Sal-XK
10-18-2011, 06:52 PM
I have been away from the forums for a little bit, just kinda living life, nothing serious. So I check out the forum and there are 56 new posts. Wow, 3 pages of new posts. I've never seen so much traffic . Then I check out the other forum and there are only 11 new posts. We are kicking their ass and its awesome.

Ya that place is a ghost town :)

LWM
10-18-2011, 07:33 PM
As always, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT. The members here are great and I look forward to making this the place for XK & WK owners.

DetroitMarauder
10-18-2011, 07:52 PM
I've been noticing the ghost towniness over there a lot lately too. I've come to like this one much much better.

sean112280
10-19-2011, 08:09 PM
I haven't even been on the other site....lol

Matt
10-20-2011, 03:16 AM
There really never was a lot of traffic over there....

What i would like to see if more JF guys making the change. I don't understand the point of staying over there where everything xk/wk related is jammed into that one area. I think once our header changes more guys will stick around; there's still a perception that we're an "xk only" forum here.

LWM
10-20-2011, 05:27 AM
I think once our header changes more guys will stick around; there's still a perception that we're an "xk only" forum here.

I really wish I could figure out the header issue and fix it myself, my WebGuy is so busy that at what I pay him I get the backseat. I promise a change is in the works. :)

Matt
10-20-2011, 05:36 AM
What issue did you have when you tried changing it?

LWM
10-20-2011, 08:11 AM
What issue did you have when you tried changing it?

Cannot find the location of the file containing the header.

AJeepZJ
10-21-2011, 06:32 PM
that many posts, that's cool. That's funny too because I've actually been pretty occupied with personal stuff this week. Sal knows why.

Matt
10-21-2011, 06:38 PM
Cannot find the location of the file containing the header.

Are you using Chrome browser? If so, right click the header and click "inspect element". I'm not sure what the forum editing software looks like, but that'll show you the web page code and might help you locate the header file easier.

NeilSmith
10-22-2011, 05:55 AM
that many posts, that's cool. That's funny too because I've actually been pretty occupied with personal stuff this week. Sal knows why.
Its easy to get preoccupied with life ! One of my best friend's is having a tough time. Her husband committed suicide a couple of weekends ago, leaving behind three kids ages 8, 11 , and 13. He shot himself in the chest with a shotgun while lying on a waterbed in the upstairs bedroom. The bed busted and the water trashed the house. So I've been doing what I can to help her with this mess, needless to say the forums have taken a backseat.

Matt
10-22-2011, 06:02 AM
wow that's absolutely horrible to hear :(

AJeepZJ
10-22-2011, 11:39 AM
my thoughts and prayers are with her and her kids.

hoaxci5
10-22-2011, 01:42 PM
Are you using Chrome browser? If so, right click the header and click "inspect element". I'm not sure what the forum editing software looks like, but that'll show you the web page code and might help you locate the header file easier.

I put the file in the correct location, but I don't have full access to the backend of the forum software so I'm not sure why it didn't load the correct image. It's not that I couldn't find the location, it's that apparently it also needs to be updated in the forum software, which only web guy seems to have full access to..

Matt
10-22-2011, 02:46 PM
hmm.... i wonder how my other forums have theirs set up. It seems like they're constantly changing the headers, features, etc and seems pretty seemless.

hoaxci5
10-22-2011, 02:49 PM
I'm sure it isn't hard, it's just a matter of having the right access which I didn't have and apparently I was in Jon's account so his webguy must be the only one with "full" access to the backend of the forum software.

Matt
10-22-2011, 02:52 PM
That's the part i was a bit thrown off by.... shouldnt Jon, as the owner, have full access? I thought the "web guy" was someone he basically contracted to help out because he's not comfortable with the software.

hoaxci5
10-22-2011, 02:55 PM
Totally depends, when I build sites for clients I tend not to give them full access because they break stuff and then get upset when I want to charge them to fix it. Not that I would deny them full access, I just have to make it very clear.. and sometimes clients have no idea or care because as long as it is displaying the info they want they are happy.

Matt
10-22-2011, 02:57 PM
Got ya. I'm guessing the "owners" of some of the other sites im on are able to build the site themselves.. like if you started your own site. So be eliminating the need to contract it out, they have the know-how and capability to make changes any time they want.

LWM
10-22-2011, 05:30 PM
I might have full access, but I do not know what I am doing so I do not know how to help Hoaxci5 get in, I guess maybe I can give him WebGuy's e-mail address and the techies can figure it out.

Matt
10-22-2011, 05:44 PM
Or... put Hoax on the payroll :)

The_War_Wagon
11-09-2011, 05:12 AM
I haven't even been on the other site....lol

NOBODY has! Good LUCK "solving" that stupid little puzzle necessary to sign on!!! Everybody else just uses a standard spambot eliminator, but that stupid puzzle of theirs could stump a universty's faculty! :mad:

So as Fred Willard (the mayor) said in the bar scene, following their first SUCCESSFUL call as a fire department in the movie "Roxanne"... "I'd rather be with YOU people, than the BEST people in the world!!!"

And the whole bar cheers! :p