PDA

View Full Version : Face Book ?

Sal-XK
10-19-2011, 05:27 PM
I almost deleted my face book account this week. I have a separate email that I only use when I don't want my name broadcast-ed. Well I guess I sent myself a friends request to an email account I almost never use LMAO wait not funny :( So I got pretty mad that I was requesting to be friends with myself. I've been reading and hearing of all the invasions they have been doing lately and I'm not happy. Anyway I started digging threw the settings and closing down everything I could think of or block from my page and to top it all off my security software has lately been blocking content from FB when I load pages saying its stopping potentially harmful portions of the current site WTF. Anyway one more off these things happen and I'm done with it I mean I hardly ever use it except for jeep stuff.

Matt
10-19-2011, 05:55 PM
See, i ONLY use it for talking to family and friends of family... basically to share pictures of the kids and stuff like that. I have all of my privacy settings maxed out; if i dont know you, i dont want you looking at my pictures or reading my posts, and i sure as hell dont want FB broadcasting my location.

I keep the Jeep stuff on the forums. In the end, isn't this forum better than facebook? Hell, if you guys want, i'm sure Jon can activate the forum chatroom (or is it already activated? i dont know.. im not a fan of chatrooms & such either, but thats basically what FB is..)

Sal-XK
10-19-2011, 06:34 PM
Well that's how I started out as well. I didn't even know the forum had a chat feature so I'm guessing it's not activated.

paroxysym
10-19-2011, 06:51 PM
deactivated mine sun.... ill be back on at a later date

Sal-XK
10-19-2011, 06:54 PM
deactivated mine sun.... ill be back on at a later date

Why did you deactivate your page?

Sal-XK
10-19-2011, 07:03 PM
I just downloaded my archive from FB they have every post on my wall and every PM and photo and video I've posted since December 2009.

Chapman89
10-20-2011, 03:33 PM
Can you delete your archive? That's crazy you can dig that far back.

Sal-XK
10-20-2011, 04:29 PM
Can you delete your archive? That's crazy you can dig that far back.

I saw no option to delete it at all.

AJeepZJ
10-21-2011, 05:21 PM
Only you have access to that archive though. Unless you download it to your computer, and your computer is hacked. Or your account is hacked.