PDA

View Full Version : stuck on next mod.... HELP

EvilJager
10-23-2011, 11:29 AM
Im stuck between 2 things for my next mod. Even tho i wont be getting it for a while but i like planning it out lol so im stuck between...

Front bumper + winch
Or
Oba and rear locker (arb locker which justifys the oba part)

EvilJager
10-23-2011, 11:32 AM
Oh yea. Aj i know i could buy a zj for what each of those mods cost but u know im going for most badass wk on the east coast haha:p

AJeepZJ
10-23-2011, 01:02 PM
lol - not had to do with a pool of what.. <20 Lifted WK's on the east coast. haha.
But yeah, you still have a few more mods to do then. I can think of at least three just in the south who will give you a run for your money :).

My goal is to have the sexiest Grands under one roof - Now all I need to do is get a house with a two-car garage, lol.

EvilJager
10-23-2011, 01:04 PM
I know... i need ti get busy!

Matt
10-23-2011, 01:17 PM
I'd go with the locker And OBA first.... add to the capabilities, then add the winch.

EvilJager
10-23-2011, 01:27 PM
Yea thays why i want a locker.. but winch for self rescuing instead of being dependent

pjmjr508
10-24-2011, 04:56 AM
I'd do the winch first for that reason ^^^^

Matt
10-24-2011, 05:08 AM
True it'd be nice to have a winch for self recovery.... but as long as you don't wheel alone, you'll have someone to give you a tug. I've known people with winches who have never used them because its always quick and simple to hook up that recovery strap and give a quick pull.

The locker and OBA on the other hand will be used on every trail ride. Carry around a plug kit and the OBA will also take care of a flat tire on the side of the road.

And since you said "first", thereby indicating that the other mod will be done second.... I look at it as what is more useful for the majority of the time. The added capabilities of a winch are mitigated by not wheeling alone, whereas the added capabilities of the locker particularly can not be simulated and there's plenty of "daily driving" instances where OBA will come in handy. $.02

EvilJager
10-24-2011, 05:22 AM
Very true. Might just get that first... plus its cheaper than the bhmper alone lol